Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gunfyter said:
One payscale:

I think the guys in the Falcon get hosed... and those in the 400XP do better relative to the outside world is the answer.

Right now everybody is hosed.

Which plane do you or the union propose they use for the 90th percentile?

Hey Gunfyter I fly contract for a guy that owns a BeechJet 400 (no A here) who makes 100,000 salary. He flys for a family that uses the BJ as the family stationwagon. Great family as well. They don't abuse him and he has plenty of time off. Also there was a Diamond CP position in Central FL paying 98,000, but I don't know anything about that gig, could be the worst job out there but at least they pay.

TheTruthCMH said:

That's a moronic question, again, surface bargining. How low can we go? They haven't gotten close to a median of the composite of the fleets. So please take your idiotic views go back to the law firm that has hired you and tell them you have failed and need a quarter to call home for a ride.

x402 said:
That's a moronic question, again, surface bargining. How low can we go? They haven't gotten close to a median of the composite of the fleets. So please take your idiotic views go back to the law firm that has hired you and tell them you have failed and need a quarter to call home for a ride.

Why the need for the hatred? Are you losing faith? I don't belittle anyone on these boards, why do you feel the need? You don't know who I am and I don't know who you are, I am here for some open dialogue.

I was merely asking a simple question, there are some that read these boards that would truly like to know and they are IN THE KNOW.

So, nothing positive, don't say anything at all.

Last edited:
"In other words, if the 90th percentile pay on the Falcon is $128K (like GEX mentioned, I don't know that it is), then do you pay the 400XP pilots the same if it's just one pay scale?"

Not sure how many 5 year captains are making 128K after five years and my guess would that to be in the 90 percentile of NBAA wages would take much longer than 5 years at most 91 operations with the possible exception of the East coast. Our compensation department has chosen to not use the NBAA survey but does use the Stanton survey information. A solid 91 operation considers much more than basic pay as part of the compensation package i.e., bonuses, insurance, 401K etc. No flames please, I just would hope you are realistic in your demands otherwise happiness will be elusive.

No it doesn't. I don't even count the king air flying. Those are gravy run trips.

The 900hrs was when I was an instructor in the U boat.

Now with the X if the plane doesn't break I'll do less than that. Some weeks though you end up flying 40hrs a week. That adds up pretty quick.

TheTruthCMH said:

The G-V

Actually. I favored Pay by type... but I am in a very small miniority I was shocked to discover.

Ok I saw the percentile of seniority based payscale. I am holding the same Aircraft and seat I would hold if we had a Re-bid. So it makes no difference to me.

Either way I expect to be paid NBAA Citation X-pay. Right now I am collecting less than COTA bus driver pay

Last edited:
1. Do you think paying a high-time Citation X Captain $55-60K per year is reasonable?

2. Do you think Sovereign or Falcon 2000 FOs requesting more than $35K per year in salary is unreasonable?

No it is not reasonable pay. I would expect most pilots to turn down a job that would offer that kind of pay.

Problem is, there are many pilots out there that view that as acceptable, or they wouldn't accept the job in the first place.

I am continually amazed at the low pay that pilots are willing to accept at regionals and fractionals.

Why do they do it? Why do they say yes to a job that pays worse than a frickin' night manager at Quik Trip?

Why do they say yes to a job with a salary that would embarass an over the road truck driver?

Why?

Latest resources

Back