This is why the last payrates offered by NJA were "insulting."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WGFP48:
The NJA pilots have no one to blame but them selves...they had a really fantastic and realistic package offered 3 years ago...they "deep sixed" it....

REALLY?????!!!!!!

You claim to be an NJA pilot. Please tell us what PACKAGE was offered three years ago?

Better yet tell us what exactly was "deep sixed" three years ago?

You moles have to get your history straight before shooting off at the mouth.

gunfyter said:
I have Christmas lights in the back window of my F-150 .

With 2 coon dogs and a 12-gauge? If you do, we could be neighbors!!!

Seriously, I hope everyone enjoys the coming holidays and focus on what "REALLY" matters in life; God and your family. When its all over, thats all you'll have left anyway.

I like your wreath!

NJAowner said:
On Your Six -- this may sound like a blend of both positions.

It is called supply and demand. As long as pilots accept those jobs at $33K, they are also viewing themselves "purely as commodities". It will take both the pilots (all pilots not just the pilots currently flying for NJA) and NJA to resolve this one.

Fly safe.

Good point. But keep in mind that many of NJA's finest arrived under the impression (looks like false impression) that a new contract was imminent and that the salary levels would improve. Things have simply not improved, the work environment seems poisoned, and the airlines and freight carriers are hiring again - some quite a bit. The point is, NJA should not expect to RETAIN any of its best and most-experienced pilots unless it provides competitive wages that would at least reduce the urge to look for other opportunities. To use your point, if the supply of experienced, high-time pilots starts to dry up because NJA is deemed second-rate in terms of salary, QOL and work environment (NJA already talks about difficulty in attracting highly qualified pilots), then demand for such pilots will increase as current pilots leave.

Do you know many pilots at NJA (besides the retired airline guys) who would not consider job opportunities at SWA, JetBlue, AirTran, Continental, UPS or Fedex if they presented themselves? What percentage of current NJA pilots are looking elsewhere and would jump at another opportunity if it arose? If you use the current contract and combine it with the lack of contract progress and negative work environment, NJA starts to look far less appealing...

Last edited:
You're right said:
Heavy set--

Are you currently still "laid off-not flying" as your information says?

I think I read that he hasn't updated his qualifications and that he is now flying a Lear somwhere out West. Not sure about the details. Why should that matter in this case?

What happens in the interview when I'm asked; what in the heck made you put up with the treatment you received at NJA?

Answer; Loyalty

SafetyTheSeat said:
What happens in the interview when I'm asked; what in the heck made you put up with the treatment you received at NJA?

Answer; Loyalty

Does that loyalty include helping shutdown NJA? That is some union you have if that is your viewpoint. Great job!

Latest resources

Back