Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream 200 said:
what a joke.

very very few real corp jobs have worse QOL than Netjets.

most shiver when they see your a/c and say, "dang those guys work their a$$es off for nothing".

rules? whats that mean? the 10 hrs you get in the local hilton? great rules...

With how hard they run you guys you practically need NBAAx2 to even justify it. I cant think of any corp guys I know who would keep thier NBAA numbers and go to Netjets to work that great "7 and 7". forget about it.

I didnt mean to imply that the QOL is better than a corp flight dept. I would choose a non-union flight dept over a union shop any day....who wouldn't?

The point is that there are a lot of restrictions on how pilots are scheduled and used that are different and less efficient than a flight dept.

So tell me, how plentiful are these corp flight dept jobs? If they are so much better, then everyone would go there....unless they can't, because they are not readily available....

squonk said:
It took six weeks of Indoc, Sim, and then another eight weeks for check rides when I was hired. When all these picket crossers come over, that would create quite the backlog don't you think?

I don't know how many of these USAirways, Delta and United pilots are typed and current on a C-X, but I just don't see how this will work. We can't attract bottom feeders now. How will we ever attract the best and brightest?

Squonk...for once you are partially right!! It will take 6 to 8 weeks to spool up...but you are forgetting that NJA pilots will cross in droves too...there isn't a one of them that can make it on $120 a week strike benefits....when they realize how little the Teamsters are going to give them to stay out on strike, they will cross....then there will be sell offs and NJM and NJI will pick up some of the slack...so you see it can be done!!

I watched ALPA during the Eastern strike, and ALPA had commissioned Kit Darby's company FAPA to make an assement whether there were pilots who Eastern could use as replacements...FAPA only could identify less than 100 people they thought would go to work at Eastern...well in 6 months Eastern hired and trained 2800 pilots and had them on the line as 1011 Capt's, DC-9 Capt's, 727 Capt's, and every sort of F/O...It can be done!!!

As determined as the NJA pilots are to STFD, the resolve of the company and the remaining employees is even higher...WGFP48

It all really comes down to numbers and emotions. It's really time to temper the emotions, so we can focus on the numbers again.

Forget about hardly working in a corporate flight department; I'd go up the wall with boredom.

My feeling is that we should work efficiently and yes, quite hard, for a good days pay and then have the versatility of our schedule to enjoy time off.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
what a joke.

very very few real corp jobs have worse QOL than Netjets.

most shiver when they see your a/c and say, "dang those guys work their a$$es off for nothing".

rules? whats that mean? the 10 hrs you get in the local hilton? great rules...

With how hard they run you guys you practically need NBAAx2 to even justify it. I cant think of any corp guys I know who would keep thier NBAA numbers and go to Netjets to work that great "7 and 7". forget about it.

G200 is 100% right. Even with 200% NBAA pay, I wouldn't even consider taking my CE-560 PIC currency to NJA. Why? I don't want to be gone 7 days in a row every other day.....spend 10 hours in a hotel, and work my a$$ off all day. I fly 200-400 hours a year at a corporate job. Why do I want to fly 1200 hours a year, show up at 0001L my first day, never get to spend any time where I go, be tired all the time?

You NJA guys work your a$$es off. Pay should be NBAA average. Period. I think 200% NBAA is a little greedy and unrealistic, because you also don't do a lot of stuff that corporate guys do, but NBAA avg. should be it.

We're not asking for 200 percent of NBAA just 90 percentile of NBAA.

Diesel said:

If that's the case, then there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't get it. It's time to pay the pilots. Management worried about money? Too f-ing bad. Pilots cost X amount, it's up to them to figure out how to pay X amount. Period. SWA does it.....anyone can do it. Increase efficiency, reduce waste, raise fees. That's not the pilots' job to figure out how to pay them.....it's management's. "Rape your labor" is NOT a valid business plan.

actually i did 900hrs last year.

CapnVegetto said:
If that's the case, then there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't get it. It's time to pay the pilots. Management worried about money? Too f-ing bad. Pilots cost X amount, it's up to them to figure out how to pay X amount. Period. SWA does it.....anyone can do it. Increase efficiency, reduce waste, raise fees. That's not the pilots' job to figure out how to pay them.....it's management's. "Rape your labor" is NOT a valid business plan.

Nice rant Capt... but "consensual" is more appropriate to Netjet pilots than "rape"

when one agrees and accepts to be SCREWED (and paid) like a cheap whore its consensual...

:rolleyes:

Diesel said:

So about $128,500.00 for a Falcon 2000 captain? And you guys max out now at what, about $95,800 on 7/7 and $115,000 on flex? That doesn't seem like too big a jump.

Latest resources

Back