The truth about CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sparse said:
During my days at the airline, there was this joke that went around, especially during contract negotiations. While briefing a group of pilots about the new contract, the negotiator told them that they had made a significant improvement to their QOL. “We will only have to work on Tuesdays” he said. A pilot in the back of the room stood up and very angrily asked, “Every Tuesday”? Someone will always find something complain about. This topic started out with a very angry post by what appears to be a very unhappy former CS pilot. I doubt that person will be happy anywhere. CS is a good place to work. I have been here less than a year and in my previous job was a very spoiled highly paid Captain flying every Tuesday, Every Tuesday. I like working here very much. This is hard work but it is a good company and heck of a lot of fun. I recommend this company to anyone who is adventurous, flexible, willing to work hard, likes people, and yes loves to fly. You will be away from home a lot, but like a friend told me, the 7 on is a little hard to get used to but the 7 off is not. As far as CS pilots being the best; BS, every company tells their pilots they’re the best. We are all very well qualified and competent pilots. I will say this; CS new hires probably have on average more experience than those at some of the other fractionals, because CS is where most want to go. It’s not that we are better than other pilots

Thanks Sparse!

I like CS over others for the simple reason that I can stay in ATL and not commute. A friend of mine has a friend at CS who now has my resume and with any luck I can find out for myself. The 7/7 thing sounds okay to me, it's better than being a reserve CA at ASA I'm quite sure!

Cheers

Anyone at CS know if Don Crews is still there?

Or Ken Conner?

Just trying to touch base with some old friends.

WheresRocky said:
I have heard a different truth out there. CS is the best fractional to work for by a longshot, a recent Rockypoll has revealed. 89% of those surveyed were thrilled they did not have a union to put up with and 90.2% said they thought management was on their side on QOL issues. 77% of the crotchety ol' airline captains complained they had too much work to do. 57% of those polled would rather be home helping mamma knit booties for the grandkids than flying a williams powered 172 for 14 hours a day.

There I posted it so it must be the "truth."

Oh no, we got ourselves another "BEST" guy here. CS is the best, bla bla bla. You and Bogart got management written all over yourselves. Rocky, let me see if it's possible to get this through your head, becasue it's IMPOSSIBLE to get it through Bogarts thick head. You say 89% of your guys say they are happy there isnt a union on the CS property. How many were in your "rockypoll???" Maybe 5??? If it werent for the union at NJA and all the brothers and sisters that stuck it out together there, YOU wouldnt have the rasie which you will be getting come Jan 1st. Hey, instead of complaining about unions, how about a THANKS to the union brothers and sisters at NJA for your rasie, uh?????

Maybe you should just go back to the moose lodge and shut your trap.

Last edited:
This stuff makes me laugh..

I just started reading these messages on this website a few weeks ago. I just need to say it really make me laugh. Who cares who is the best. Worry about how your job makes you feel. I have been with Citation Shares over 3 years now and let me tell you that I don't have any apps out anywhere and Im not even thinking about leaving. The company has grown and made promises and has kept promises. Is there bad times sure. Are there times you get frustrated sure. Its part of life. At no time have I ever asked myself what am I doing here. I look forward to going to work every other week. You talk about unions, I personaly don't like them. I love the fact we don't have one. Our company listens to its employees and makes changes. It does take time, nothing happens overnight but positive changes are happening day by day. It is amazing all the changes in the last 3 years, it is like a new company. One thing I think is funny is that the first post on this trend stated about someone leaving just shy of a year and getting screwed with the contract. Well I think I know who that is, and that person now works again for CS after he lost his new job at ATA. He came back. That has to say something about a company. The company knew he was a good worker and they let him come back. And from day it is spelled out exactly how a crewmember is expected to perform his / her duties. If you don't like it get the hell out and go somwhere else. Its not hard work. So you had to take the lav out of the a/c.. BFD its your job. If you don't like it Thanks for shopping, adios. It doesn't matter what anyone types on this board, unless you meet a person you can't determine what is valid and what isn't. Some people have such a bad personality they wouldn't be happy anywhere. For what it is worth I am very happy and CS. As far as net jets, options, flex, it is all what you want out of a company, I think they are all great. Some are doing better than others, some offer different things. I think it is great that NJA got there contracts, they deserve it they raised the standard and our CEO responded. They have worked a long time under pay and really deserved it. Do I thank them, the big thing is I was very happy before there contract were they?

ADIOS

P.S. life is to short to be a bitchy pilot

Citationplt said:
Do I thank them, the big thing is I was very happy before there contract were they?

ADIOS

P.S. life is to short to be a bitchy pilot

You kill me kid! You arent for real, are you???? As for the "who cares who is the best,".......ask your guys that. That is all they can say of themselves here. Why CANT you say thanks to the pilots at NJA? I am just curious???? Like you yourself said, NJA rasied the standard for everyone else. Without that fight, the standard would be a lot less for all. If I were you, I would be really thankful and grateful to them. But it seems that you along with some of your other guys here have trouble comprehending that simple concept.

Last edited:
What standards

Guitar rocker said:
NJA rasied the standard for everyone else. Without that fight, the standard would be a lot less for all.

What standard did you raise, GR? The pay standards? CS already had the highest pay in the industry. I can assure you that is the only standard you have raised in the industry.

Let us talk about the most important standard: Customer Service. During your "fight" for higher wages at your company, you raised the standard of FBO bitching and whining by a long shot. You could not be in the same building as a NJ crew without enduring the long complaining whining and bitching about stuff, and it was getting old.

You should thank your CS brothers for wishing you well during the process and upholding the highest customer service standards. This kept people interested in the fractional industry during the trying times. Heck most of your customers were uncertain how they would get to their vacation homes while your fight wore on. Hundreds of charter pilots everywhere suffered panic attacks thinking that if you struck, they would be considered scabs. Many threats flew on this board, and you raised the standards of threatening behavior! Now you are proud of yourselves. Your memory is short, but trust me, everyone elses memory is long.

You raised the bar on pay. Are you raising the bar on other standards? I doubt it because in your union environment, what incentive do you have to strive to be a top performer? No, you have your contract, now you are in CRUISE mode. You are protected.

Your arrogance is repulsive. You have definitely raised the standards on Arrogance, attitude, ego, now that you are post contract. Trust me you will find something to complain about in the not too distant future, its the nature of the beast. And the details of that complaining and whining will be brought to an FBO and a bulletin board near you and too near to all the rest of us.

Look at Delta. What has their union done for them? Who are they thanking for the conundrum they are in?

Last edited:
WheresRocky said:
What standard did you raise, GR? The pay standards? CS already had the highest pay in the industry. I can assure you that is the only standard you have raised in the industry.

Let us talk about the most important standard: Customer Service. During your "fight" for higher wages at your company, you raised the standard of FBO bitching and whining by a long shot. You could not be in the same building as a NJ crew without enduring the long complaining whining and bitching about stuff, and it was getting old.

You should thank your CS brothers for wishing you well during the process and upholding the highest customer service standards. This kept people interested in the fractional industry during the trying times. Heck most of your customers were uncertain how they would get to their vacation homes while your fight wore on. Hundreds of charter pilots everywhere suffered panic attacks thinking that if you struck, they would be considered scabs. Many threats flew on this board, and you raised the standards of threatening behavior! Now you are proud of yourselves. Your memory is short, but trust me, everyone elses memory is long.

You raised the bar on pay. Are you raising the bar on other standards? I doubt it because in your union environment, what incentive do you have to strive to be a top performer? No, you have your contract, now you are in CRUISE mode. You are protected.

Your arrogance is repulsive. You have definitely raised the standards on Arrogance, attitude, ego, now that you are post contract. Trust me you will find something to complain about in the not too distant future, its the nature of the beast. And the details of that complaining and whining will be brought to an FBO and a bulletin board near you and too near to all the rest of us.

Look at Delta. What has their union done for them? Who are they thanking for the conundrum they are in?

By standards, I meant pay. I think that if I would have said that, you could have saved a lot of wasted time typing your worthless thoughts here Rocky. The pay standard has been rasised by a fair amount for you too as a result of our union brothers and sisters. Be grateful and express some appreciation instead of being ignorant and taking cheap shots at our pilots as you have done! So what if people bitch, your guys do it too!!!! I have heard them myself. Geeez, all of you are making yourselves sound like angels here and YOU are not!!!!

And we are supposed to thank YOU for what again???? Your "customer service?" Are you high???? Man, you guys must truly be "GREAT!" And "threatening behavior???" Man scooter, your amazing. A scab is someone who crosses the line at the place of a strike. For example, when a comapny strikes and you fill in for a striking employee, your name gets in the little yellow book.......but then again, I am sure that you dont know what that little yellow book is anyway. But by the sounds of it, I am sure that YOU would cross any line at a moments notice. When Comair went on strike, all the other airline pilots werent scabs, right? Duhhhhh.

The only arrogant ones are YOU! I do know some really nice CS guys and you are giving them all a BAD name with YOUR arrogance!

Last but not least, how in theeeee world can you compare the unoin at Delta to the unoin at NJA????? Must be that north american slope trip weed your smoking son, Listen up, DAL is bankrupt!!!! If you were bankrupt, you would almost expect your company knocking on your door to ask for concessiosns too right???? Or is it becasue you guys are the best, that such a scenario couldnt ever happen???

You have management written all over you. Get out on the road and step back into reality instead of talking smack while sitting at your desk!

Quality of Life

Sure I can thank NJA and their union, their results had a direct connection with our pay raises. But I don't put my pay as number one. I would rather like to say congrats then thanks. I think they deserve that more. Saying thanks to me would be like rubbing it it. We don't have a union, why did our pay go up? The pilot group didn't have to say a word and our pay went up. Oh a big plus is I was looking at my pay stub and I didn't see any union dues taken out. My quality of life has been outstanding since I have been with CS. Can you say the same for NJA? Some of you guys would take any job just for the price tag. I can't do that. I put a big value on quality of life and so far at Cshares even when I started as an FO in my mind I was making 100K. Not everyone thinks like this and probably are the ones that just bitch and bitch and bitch all day long in the cockpit.

Million dollar question...
Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
NJA union can answer that one so the pilots can keep on getting something for their dues.

Watching this thread has been real interesting. The fact is unions are only neccessary when BAD management is in place and they don't respect their employees but simply treat them as numbers. In my end of the industry management has the upper hand and it has become a constant pissing contest and labor is getting pissed on the most. The reason is the client. In your case, the folks that fly on private airplanes have the money and resources to do so. In the airline world the cheapest fare wins and you get folks on your airplane from all walks of life. Airlines know this, they also know that flying isn't just a job for but also a hobby. They have exploited this and thus you have a bunch of pilots down in the puppy mills in FL drooling over the opportunity to fly an RJ for $20/hour. You have the Jonathan Orensteins of the world that don't care about current employees but about those who would be willing to come in and do it for less. Next time you get the opportunity pick up a Flying magazine and try and see how many of those puppy mills in FL advertise a "fast track" to a fractional. Not many, if any! More and more people in this world are looking towards private aircraft than airlines. Your end of the industry is thriving, and with good management, when I say good management I don't mean someone who will kottle you you and give you everything you want, but good management that will respect the employee and treat the employee as a human being then there is no need for a union. It sounds like CS has good management.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back