• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The truth about CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the converstions that I have witnessed, and been engaged in, have been very cordial. We respect each other as professionals. This has been my experience since I was hired.

X

ok...

Did the second phone screen recently. It definitely didn't seem to go well from the get go.

Afterwards I received the following e-mail...

I have decided to hold on your application for the time being.

Thanks for your interest in CitationShares.

Respectfully,...

OK....not at all unexpected after how the phone screen went....but does this mean there's still a chance in the future.

Or just a nice way of saying thanks but take a hike?

I don't want to sound like a prick so don't take it that way cs guys.

But how during the phone interview can they tell how you are as a person? Maybe your kid just threw up or your wife was yelling at you to fix the garbage disposal.

What do you think went wrong? Vague is fine. I'm just saying. On the phone i could be talking to a 900 sex number with some hot blonde or a fat guy with a high voice. The phone isn't allways the true example of a person.

Diesel said:
What do you think went wrong? Vague is fine. I'm just saying.

I wish I knew. I've been through a few interviews through the years and you can pick up on the vibe pretty quickly. The first screening seemed to go pretty well. Very relaxed, cordial. The interviewer was responsive.

The second screening - well I could just sense the interviewer and I weren't "clicking". It seemed tense, no "feedback" from the interviewer. Ask the question, I answered, long pause. Next question. No technical questions, some situational. Mostly - tell me why you want to work here kind of stuff. Lot's of pregnant pauses after I would answer a question. Interviewer seemed surprised (and not in a good way) when I had no questions to ask him.

One thing I know is I'm not the greatest interviewee:) (I'm still smarting from the UAL debacle of '95).

The overall sense I got was that there was a "burr under his saddle" about me from the start.

The one question...."What do you think would be the most difficult thing about working here would be?" That one really threw me. As I thought about it - there wasn't anything that seemed all that difficult at all about working there. And if there was then I should be in another line of work!

It's a shame - I thought CS and I would be a good fit for many different reasons. Oh well back into the fray...

On a side note....After almost 20 years in this business....I have to chuckle at the various interview questions over the years.

So many of the questions only have one obvious answer and everyone knows it. So of what value are they to determining the true fitness of an applicant?

I know good loyal employees with excellent flying skills who weren't able to get past the intrview stage to be hired....and then I've known the true screw-ups who play the interview game well and go on to the dream job (where they keep screwing up).

Sorry for the long winded diatribe!

Hey ATA,
You seem like a good guy. NJA is hiring, and they take the time to sit down with you during the interview. Give us a try.

ATA73Pilot said:
I wish I knew. I've been through a few interviews through the years and you can pick up on the vibe pretty quickly. The first screening seemed to go pretty well. Very relaxed, cordial. The interviewer was responsive.

The second screening - well I could just sense the interviewer and I weren't "clicking". It seemed tense, no "feedback" from the interviewer. Ask the question, I answered, long pause. Next question. No technical questions, some situational. Mostly - tell me why you want to work here kind of stuff. Lot's of pregnant pauses after I would answer a question. Interviewer seemed surprised (and not in a good way) when I had no questions to ask him.

One thing I know is I'm not the greatest interviewee:) (I'm still smarting from the UAL debacle of '95).

The overall sense I got was that there was a "burr under his saddle" about me from the start.

The one question...."What do you think would be the most difficult thing about working here would be?" That one really threw me. As I thought about it - there wasn't anything that seemed all that difficult at all about working there. And if there was then I should be in another line of work!

It's a shame - I thought CS and I would be a good fit for many different reasons. Oh well back into the fray...

On a side note....After almost 20 years in this business....I have to chuckle at the various interview questions over the years.

So many of the questions only have one obvious answer and everyone knows it. So of what value are they to determining the true fitness of an applicant?

I know good loyal employees with excellent flying skills who weren't able to get past the intrview stage to be hired....and then I've known the true screw-ups who play the interview game well and go on to the dream job (where they keep screwing up).

Sorry for the long winded diatribe!

CS must have assumed that with all of your flight experience (737-800, 757/767, etc.) you were unfit to fly a Citation Bravo. Their loss... Run over to NJA as soon as possible...

Spoke with Barry Lambert a few times. He seemed nice but a bit different, and since I lived 12 minutes outside their commute distance and was not interested in moving it was a no go. The pilots I have spoken to seem to enjoy the job, and I have not heard many negatives.

Do you still have to pay for your interview at netjets???? I know that in the last 5 or so years they stopped making people pay for their own training??

pay for interview? Do you mean like hotels and airline?

No you don't have to pay for anything, interview, type, nor is there a 2 year contract.

Interviewed and hired in Nov 05, the only thing I've paid for so far is the stamp to mail the application. NetJets buys your airline ticket to the interview and they put you up in the Hilton.

Latest resources

Back