• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The truth about CS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
paaahhhhlllllssss. Jeeze rocky man you are off course. Yeah did you hear a lot of NJA guys "bitching" in fbo's? You probably did. It's called fighting for what we want. Plus there are over 2200 of us so we tend to be around quite a bit. You hear crickets whne you see a CS pilot in the room. They don't want anybody to know they said something bad about the company. Man all our companies have bad stuff going on we just did something about it to change it. I'm glad you guys got an increase in pay but you didn't even come close in workrules, 91k or scope to just name a few. Plus benefits and overtime..... well at least you guys got something.

So cs single handed saved customer service? common. At nj our pilot got consitantly high marks even during all the crap that went on. That says something about the professionalism of the pilot force. They didn't let their anger with the company spread to the owners experience.

You'll come back with what about the owners that left, were uncertain how they were going to get on vacation.... well we made sure the company finally stand up and take some responsibility on how they schedule the owners and treat them. We made the company actually live up to the promises they made to the owners.

so no i won't thank a cs pilot for wishing us well. Most of them steered clear of us and never once offered one word of encouragement. That's their choice but they should know that their company raised their pay for one thing and one thing only. That was to keep the union off the property.

Man, you NetJet guys are still such crybabies. By the way, is the billboard still up at TEB? The reason why you hear crickets when a CS pilot is in an FBO is not because we're afraid to say something, it's because there is nothing that is THAT bad at CS that would cause us to vent to total strangers. We have it great here and just because you guys are jealous of the fact that our company takes care of us without our prompting, just proves that CitationShares, as a company (not pilot group), are heads and shoulders above the rest. Guitar dude, you're playing alot of wrong notes in your solo, better keep practicing, learn those scales, and keep paying those union dues!! At least you have one more write off than I do. Also, just a question Guitar hombre, how many weekends a month do you have off? I have two.

Citationplt said:
Oh a big plus is I was looking at my pay stub and I didn't see any union dues taken out.
Fantastic! That's great!
By the way how much did you have taken out for medical/dental?
I'm willing to be it was about 5 times our dues. You might want to rethink that phrase "CS is the highest paid" when you have to knock off a few grand for medical insurance.

My quality of life has been outstanding... Can you say the same for NJA?
As a matter of fact I can.
Million dollar question...
Why do you guys go to training on your days OFF????

Wel let's see i have two weekends off per month.

Lets ask this question humphrybogart if CS is so great why did they not give you guys a day back when they changed your start days next month...

They moved your guys start days in the fleets. Well did they ever give you guys a day back? Like for instance the start days used to be a tuesday. Now it's a monday. What happened to the 7 on 7 off. They just shorted you a day off but will you ever see the money. Will they shorten your current tour by one day to give it back? Hmmm all these questions and nobody is able to answer.

My goodness there are some mammoth egos being displayed in this thread, from both camps I might add. But Diesel I gotta admit I literally laughed out loud at this:

You hear crickets whne you see a CS pilot in the room.

By "crickets whining" I guess you mean the absence of bitching? Sheesh, only a Netjets pilot who has been bitching the last four years of his career would make that leap in logic. I'm glad you're happy where you're at...why can't you accept that some of us are as well?

NJA Capt said:
Why do you guys go to training on your days OFF????

That is changing this comming year to where we'll be going to training during our tour and it didn't cost me any union dues to have that happen.

P.S. How do you like my new avatar pic? Just had them done at Sears.

Citationplt said:
Oh a big plus is I was looking at my pay stub and I didn't see any union dues taken out. My quality of life has been outstanding since I have been with CS. Can you say the same for NJA? Some of you guys would take any job just for the price tag. I can't do that. I put a big value on quality of life and so far at Cshares even when I started as an FO in my mind I was making 100K. Not everyone thinks like this and probably are the ones that just bitch and bitch and bitch all day long in the cockpit.

Million dollar question...
Why do we park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
NJA union can answer that one so the pilots can keep on getting something for their dues.

The reason why we pay dues is for that sign you see in TEB and other places, which helped us get our rasie and subsequently yours as well. The reson that your CEO followed suit and gave you a pay rasie is simply becasue he knew that CS would lose pilots and you guys cant afford to have planes with no pilots. Granted, not everyone would leave a place of employment if they are loyal, but I think many would if they could do the same work with considerably better pay and better work rules. Dont think that your CEO would have rasied your pay to what it is out of the blue. We got a rasie becasue we fought for it and we deserved it after a 4 year long fight.

Additionally, we pay dues for those unexpected times where one may need representation. As a result of our union, we have by and large, some pretty good work rules which have to be followed by the company. I am sure that not all CS think along your same lines.

Last edited:
Citationplt said:
The company has grown and made promises and has kept promises. Is there bad times sure. Are there times you get frustrated sure. Its part of life. At no time have I ever asked myself what am I doing here. I look forward to going to work every other week. You talk about unions, I personaly don't like them. I love the fact we don't have one. Our company listens to its employees and makes changes. One thing I think is funny is that the first post on this trend stated about someone leaving just shy of a year and getting screwed with the contract. Well I think I know who that is, and that person now works again for CS after he lost his new job at ATA. He came back. That has to say something about a company. The company knew he was a good worker and they let him come back.
ADIOS

P.S. life is to short to be a bitchy pilot

Just wait until the promises get broken. It's a fact of life as a company gets bigger, it's going to happen. It's nice when it's small like you guys are and everyone kinda knows everyone. Almost like a family atmosphere. Mark my words, that all goes out the window the bigger it gets. Your company may listen to you now becasue you know people at all levels, but when it gets bigger and a lot of new and unfamiliar faces keep rolling in, nobody is going to know you if they stepped on you. Last but not least, they arent going to listen to you. Pilots never have the big picture!

As for your buddy that left and went to ATA and came back, NJA does the same. I know a few people who they hired back.

Unfortunately, I think in due time, you will see what I mean. And perhaps then you may take back your "P.S. life is too short to be a bitchy pilot."

Last edited:
Wow, this is a tough thread.

I would love to see a couple of NJA & CS flyboys go at it verbally in an FBO's pilot lounge.

Jerry! Jerry ! Jerry!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back