• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hello fellow poolies..

I just got the call from Jennifer..

I have been offered the Jan 31st class..
Yes..Thats right ..They have added another class in Jan as well as a second class in Feb..

She also said that they were increasing class sizes..

She will be making the calls this week to see who is available..
Those that are going to be offered the 31st class will be called this Thursday and Friday with the formal offers..

Ye haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

MLBWINGBORN:p

GTFOOH!!!!!

:D Giddyup!!!

That is outstanding news!! I am ready to dry off... NOW!!! The ol' shrivel factor was gettin' out of hand... know what I mean fellas? With my estimated standing in the pool I will now resume hope for an April class date!!! (I'd given up on that estimate weeks ago.)

Hope to "feel the LUV" soon in Dallas!!!

Warmest regards,
UAL737inLA (need new "handle")

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THAT ARE ABOUT JOIN THE THE SWA FAMILY! ....GREAT COMPANY ... GOOD LUCK!!!!

USNFDX

Great News

Great news guys - welcome to Southwest Airlines! Your going to love it!

UAL737inLA, how about SWA737inOAK or SWA737inPHX!!!

Congrats!!! Great to hear the news today.. sounds like at least an additional 75-100 guys for next year at this time.. I know you had a great evening!!

Hope to see ya online!

S.B.

To all,

Just got this word off the company newsline. Provides some explanation for the increase in pilots...more airplanes!!!

>"We are proud to announce SWA will purchase two new –700s from Boeing. We returned N60 and N63 (old -200s) to their owners and have replaced them with two new –700s. We will be getting two new –700s in February and now the two new ones in March. This is a net gain so far of four aircraft. In today’s economy, this is truly exciting news."

I second that...very exciting news. Congrats to those who have gotten the call, good luck to those still waiting. Hang in there for those still treading.

chase

I told my wife that when 2 things happened, I would believe SWA was really planning to hire 600-650 pilots this year:

1. Announcing a class starting Jan 31 and

2. Increasing class size to 26/class

My math showed they needed a class of 26 pretty much every 2 weeks to reach that number. (26 classes x 26/class = 676 pilots).

Now both things have occured and it looks looks to me like it is really going to happen!!

I was told last week I probably wouldn't make the class planned in May. Now I'm hoping for Mar/Apr or sooner......

Looking forward to meeting everyone in Dallas. Hope to see you there real soon! Good Luck to All!

See you there Mike, Jennifer called me as well! I hope many others from the list get the same great news!

Dhampton

YEA SWA RULES!!!

I was jumping home the other day on SWA and both the CA and FO said massive pilot hiring upcoming....I'm coming to Dallas sooner than later looks like....

yeaaaa

Latest resources

Back