Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How funny...

Some Mo' Fo' Welfare for Delta pilots!

What a disgrace, let the place fold......

can only blame 9/11, LCC's, and the big evil oil conspircay so much folks!..

Who would have thought? Pompous old DAL sounding like a whiny liberal...

Last edited:
how about we let the free market decide who survives, and stop the government welfare assistance to the airlines, funded by the taxpayer

Delta can file Ch.11 if they want government endorsed protection

Gulfstream 200 said:
How funny...

Some Mo' Fo' Welfare for Delta pilots!

What a disgrace, let the place fold......

can only blame 9/11, LCC's, and the big evil oil conspircay so much folks!..

Who would have thought? Pompous old DAL sounding like a whiny liberal...

You're cool! Let me guess, you work for an oil company? Traitor!

Bye Bye--General Lee

satpak77 said:
how about we let the free market decide who survives, and stop the government welfare assistance to the airlines, funded by the taxpayer

Delta can file Ch.11 if they want government endorsed protection

That's great and all, but they should have started that with United and USair. Delta has tried to stay out of court for 4 years now. So, not allowing them the same protection is wrong. If United and USAir would have gone away, chances are Delta and the others would have been better off by now too. Also, if many had their way, personal bankruptcy people should be shot too. This is America--and everyone gets a second chance. But, three years in Chap 11 may be a tad bit too much. A time limit should be in order. (hence the new rules---18 months will be the limit)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Those subsidies are a totally different form of hand out. They are in place to benefit the consumer, not an airline. Those could have been offered to a host of other airlines but AirTran sought them out.

I fully expect the city of ATL and the state of Georgia to come forward with a number of proposals that will help keep Delta operating. Can't blame them a bit. I don't want to see Delta people negatively affected by this as I have numurous friends working and retired from Delta. I just hope we at AirTran could expect some help down the road should we be in the same predicament.

IAHERJ

IAHERJ said:
Those subsidies are a totally different form of hand out. They are in place to benefit the consumer, not an airline. Those could have been offered to a host of other airlines but AirTran sought them out.

I fully expect the city of ATL and the state of Georgia to come forward with a number of proposals that will help keep Delta operating. Can't blame them a bit. I don't want to see Delta people negatively affected by this as I have numurous friends working and retired from Delta. I just hope we at AirTran could expect some help down the road should we be in the same predicament.

IAHERJ

If you ever unfortunately have to go this road I bet you would. The State of Georgia has to look at the possible outcomes of any bankruptcy. Delta is one of the largest employers in the State, and I can see why they would be nervous. I think Georgia would try to help any large employer. It is very political down here.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't think he's talking about EAS subsidies.....He might be talking of the subs. which they got for, I believe TLH or GNV. And now have gotten for SRQ. Each city had service, and prob. fairly good service. Sarasota I believe plopped down 1.5million for airtran to come in. This of course after chasing out UAL/AA and such. they still have DAL/US/CAL........

General Lee said:
If you ever unfortunately have to go this road I bet you would. The State of Georgia has to look at the possible outcomes of any bankruptcy. Delta is one of the largest employers in the State, and I can see why they would be nervous. I think Georgia would try to help any large employer. It is very political down here.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Lets see if we can get both the State of Georgia and the federal government to lighten up on the puntive taxes that are a huge part of any airline ticket...not just for Delta but for every airline. That's a big part of what's dragging the industry down.

Latest resources

Back