The State of Georgia and Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

In related news, the Georgia Senate and House Transportation committees will meet Sept. 22 to discuss what the state can do to keep Delta Air Lines viable and assist those that are impacted. Delta has 20,000 employees in Georgia.

"The loss of Delta Air Lines would have a major impact on Georgia's economy," Sen. Bill Stephens (R-Canton), chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee said. "If 20,000 people lose their jobs here, it is going to affect more than just those people -- it will affect the entire area south of Atlanta -- so we have to act now and decisively to make sure that our economy doesn't suffer a downturn."

Bye Bye--General Lee

General....

If I remember correctly, the State of Minnesota did the same thing for NWAC back in the early 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if GA, OH, UT and KY did some of the same.

Being a GA taxpayer, I would hate to see raised rates, however, my employment is directly tied to DAL as well.

The State of Georgia can buy some cheap forclosure houses in Peachtree City and use them to house all of these hurricane victums that are pouring into our state.

Hopefully our taxpayers will not have to pay one cent to DAL, we paid their high fares for years before AirTran arrived.

General Lee said:
In related news, the Georgia Senate and House Transportation committees will meet Sept. 22 to discuss what the state can do to keep Delta Air Lines viable and assist those that are impacted. Delta has 20,000 employees in Georgia.

"The loss of Delta Air Lines would have a major impact on Georgia's economy," Sen. Bill Stephens (R-Canton), chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee said. "If 20,000 people lose their jobs here, it is going to affect more than just those people -- it will affect the entire area south of Atlanta -- so we have to act now and decisively to make sure that our economy doesn't suffer a downturn."

Bye Bye--General Lee

How about forgoing landing and gate fees for say.......oh never mind the city would never do that!!!!

How about letting a company succeed or fail on its own business plan.

General Lee said:
"If 20,000 people lose their jobs here, it is going to affect more than just those people -- it will affect the entire area south of Atlanta -- so we have to act now and decisively to make sure that our economy doesn't suffer a downturn."

South of Atlanta??? sounds like they are worried about the housing market in Peachtree City! Guess they'll have to sell their 1.5 Million dollar houses. What about those North, West and East??? I dont get it...

From Sleepy:

Hopefully our taxpayers will not have to pay one cent to DAL, we paid their high fares for years before AirTran arrived.

Thanks for your astute(sp) insight.

My tax money right now is going to Oil companies while they are making record profits. Don't be so small minded or one sided.

sleepy said:
The State of Georgia can buy some cheap forclosure houses in Peachtree City and use them to house all of these hurricane victums that are pouring into our state.
About the most ignorant thing I have heard out of your fingers.

Now Sleepy is a professional realtor too!

Let me explain the PTC market to you sometime.

Yes, DAL pilots will be selling homes, but unless they try to get an unreasonable price and refuse to negotioiate, the homes will sell and they will downsize.

Peachtree city has alot of DAL employees, but they have alot more employed at other companies outside the airlines.

Joking about someone losing their job and their home is pretty taseless too.

Medeco
selling in PTC since 1970

Medeco said:
...DAL pilots will be selling homes, but unless they try to get an unreasonable price and refuse to negotioiate, the homes will sell and they will downsize.

Peachtree city has alot of DAL employees, but they have alot more employed at other companies outside the airlines...
I hope you are correct for the sake of the DAL employees who are forced to downsize. The PTC market, as well as Atlanta, the state, and the southeast in general haven't been exactly booming to begin with...compared with other major city housing markets.

This isn't going to help PTC at all.

Plus - if Georgia galvanizes for DAL the same way they did for BRAC, don't look for much help. Both Forts McPherson and Gillem are closing/realigning; another hit on the area's real estate market.

Seems as if the timing couldn't be worse.

Sounds like alot of animosity towards DAL from some of you folks. Why is that?
Not trying to flaim bait, but ...ease up...Flying at a Bankrupt carrier is no fun. I might be losing my house in the near future as well. I don't wish that on anyone.

Latest resources

Back