• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The RJ returns to Airtran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like you need a union that can protect your job then!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How's that working for all the ALPA carriers? Comair? Mesa? Trans States?PDT? USAirways? United? Midwest? etc..etc......

Last edited:

Our current contract wasn't written by ALPA. It was written by the incompetent sham of a union that we voted out called the NPA.

Our current contract wasn't written by ALPA. It was written by the incompetent sham of a union that we voted out called the NPA.

Who wrote the United, Midwest, Comair, TransStates, USAir, and Delta contracts? Show me one ALPA carrier that doesn't outsource flying...Just one PCL...

Which airline outsources the least....and who represents them? That's your bonus question....

Who wrote the United, Midwest, Comair, TransStates, USAir, and Delta contracts? Show me one ALPA carrier that doesn't outsource flying...Just one PCL...

Who votes on contracts, Joey? Who is in charge of negotiating contracts, Joey? Not the "big wigs" in Herndon that you love to hate. It's pilots, Joey. ALPA can't protect pilots from their own stupidity. ALPA can only tell you how to achieve the goals that you set for yourself. Our MEC has made scope a top priority, so ALPA will assist us in achieving that goal. When other MECs (like DAL, for instance) don't make scope a priority, ALPA can't do anything about that. Hence the reason that I'm in favor of greater centralized control within ALPA.

Who votes on contracts, Joey? Who is in charge of negotiating contracts, Joey? Not the "big wigs" in Herndon that you love to hate. It's pilots, Joey. ALPA can't protect pilots from their own stupidity. ALPA can only tell you how to achieve the goals that you set for yourself. Our MEC has made scope a top priority, so ALPA will assist us in achieving that goal. When other MECs (like DAL, for instance) don't make scope a priority, ALPA can't do anything about that. Hence the reason that I'm in favor of greater centralized control within ALPA.

So you admit that no ALPA carriers have prevented outsourcing....Now which carrier outsources the least? Admit it PCL...ALPA isn't the panacea you think it is....

You already owe me a beer from our last bet...How about another one. I'll bet you another beer that the final Air Tran contract allows outsourcing in it's scope section.....

Originally Posted by 10nCLR What is abundantly clear, unfortunately, is that our contract allows management great latitude to give your job to other airlines....

Thanks, ultrarunner. I never wrote that. I assume someone else is drinking the spiked kool-aid.

Latest resources

Back