• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The RJ returns to Airtran...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you admit that no ALPA carriers have prevented outsourcing....Now which carrier outsources the least? Admit it PCL...ALPA isn't the panacea you think it is....

What I'll "admit" is that pilot groups have been absolutely bone-headed in how they've dealt with scope, and it isn't limited to ALPA carriers by a long shot. APA gave up scope, SWAPA just gave up near-international scope, which is their only real hope of any growth over the next few years, FAPA gave up scope, etc... It isn't "the union" that gives it up, Joey, it's the moronic pilots that put pay before job security. Everybody is willing to give up "just a few more seats" for another $10 on their pay rate. Until you get pilots to wise up, that's not going to get fixed, and it has nothing to do with ALPA.

I'll bet you another beer that the final Air Tran contract allows outsourcing in it's scope section.....

Of course it will. Going from 70-seat scope to 0-seat scope in one contract isn't realistic. I'll be you that we'll tighten up scope, though.

P.S. We tied that last bet, didn't we?

Latest resources

Back