• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The right path to NetJets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Negative: I think that plane needs another engine to make the hours you get in it fill the M.E. JET PIC box on many job applications. It's an insurance industry thing I'd guess. I may be wrong on this point???

Positive: I've heard that is a fun plane to fly. Sounds like fun flying too. If it gets you into something with 2 engines within this company in a reasonable amount of time then it may be a good job. (if your goal is to move on)

If your goal is to possibly stay with this outfit then non of what I'm trying to convey matters.

What caught me years ago, was getting/staying at S.E. piston plane jobs. (pure ignorance) It was a blast but it didn't do much to accelerate my career. If you can get a gig with 2 engine planes you'll save lots of time. An employer that starts you in singles then upgrades you to M.E. planes is a good second choice...if the upgrade isn't too long.

Sorry I know nothing about that particular company.

What do you guys all think about working for Plansense/Alpha Flying (www.planesense.aero) as a jump off point into the industry? I've talked to a few of you on the board about this company over the past couple months but would like to get a broader perspective.

I'm over their minimums to get hired (Part 91 Sub. K SIC mins) so I would have no trouble there. Pay is initially better than the regionals. Very diverse type of flying - everywhere from small grass strips to the major Class B airports. The PC-12 (NextGens on order) is a badass airplane and with the Grob jets coming in '08, that would open up more opportunities.

The downside to this is a PC-12 FO may not sit well with some people since it is a single pilot aircraft. I think the same thing can be said when the Grobs come online as I think they will be certified for single pilot ops. However, the regs dictate the aircraft needs an SIC so I guess it is legitmate time then.

What do you all think of this place as an alternative to the regionals? From talking to some people within the company it seems like a 1-1.5 yr upgrade to PC-12 PIC (merit based....) then maybe another 1-1.5 yr to Grob SIC.

Unfortunatly, the S.E. time is not going to do you much good, unless you plan on making Alpha a career. If you are looking long term, Alpha may not be the best choice.

Personally, I think that is wrong. What takes more planning? A V1 cut and looking up your 2nd seg climb, or finding a place to land off the end of the runway in ASE?

Latest resources

Back