• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The right path to NetJets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were in your position I would apply for an internship at NetJets for a semester, even if you are graduating. You can also try to become a flight instructor for NetJets out of Columbus. They have multiple training aircraft that are available for non-flying employees to get theire pilots license and hire CFIs for this purpose.

Do that for a while then go to the regionals or anywhere you can get the flight time required to work here.

Good luck.

If I were in your position I would apply for an internship at NetJets for a semester, even if you are graduating. You can also try to become a flight instructor for NetJets out of Columbus. They have multiple training aircraft that are available for non-flying employees to get theire pilots license and hire CFIs for this purpose.

Do that for a while then go to the regionals or anywhere you can get the flight time required to work here.

Good luck.

Do you have any further information about the internship/CFI job? Contact info, etc?

I instruct now and I wouldn't mind doing it for a while longer if I'm meeting the right people.

Thanks

Best path to Netjets. Guaranteed.

Get hired by a major airline. Wait for a downturn in the economy. Get furloughed.

This "path" worked for 100's of us.

crjdude

Might not be the fastest route, but it will certainly pay the best in the short term - check into the services. Don't leave out the guard units, many of them have programs that will pay for flight school. Good luck.

Don't chase netjets

Find a job that makes you happy and you don't dread going to work every day. If you are only working to prepare for that "next job" you will never be happy and often disappointed. This is aviation and you will find out soon enough that the good jobs come and go. And most of the time it is luck(or lack of) that puts you where you are. Find a job that suits your experience level and desired lifestyle. The rest will fall into place.

HS

If you're young and not in a huge rush, go fly somewhere interesting for a while. The Caribbean or Alaska....if you're into that stuff. You'll have higher paying jobs later in life but you may or may not have as much fun. Perhaps you've already done something like this.

Whichever way you go, it looks as though the two options you mentioned would be a quicker way to an interview than what I suggested. If you're going for speed, pic jet/turboprop time is all that matters to get to the interview. Pick the job based on getting the PIC time ASAP.

Apply to all jobs that interest you not just NJA. My experience with all my previous interviewing:
1. In-house recommendations are gold...the good old boy's/girl's club still exists.
2. It doesn't matter if the pic jet comes from 91/135/121. You just need it to fill that little box for HR to smile.

Once you land an interview...review the most recent gouge you can get. Frame your responses to the ("what would you do if...." or "tell me about a time when...") with this in mind: "Safety 1st, customer service a close 2nd" You are the face of the company.

Find a job that makes you happy and you don't dread going to work every day. If you are only working to prepare for that "next job" you will never be happy and often disappointed. This is aviation and you will find out soon enough that the good jobs come and go. And most of the time it is luck(or lack of) that puts you where you are. Find a job that suits your experience level and desired lifestyle. The rest will fall into place.

HS

Be careful. If you keep on making sense, you might get kicked off these boards.;)

just to give you an idea of how a 135 job can get you your time... I have been working for a 135 freigh company for less than three years and already have 1400 pic turbine. Ready to move on. the pay for these years have been better than most regionals, however from here on out, the regionals pay better. So it all depends....if you get out of the 135 world early enough you wont see a loss in pay...if you plan on staying at a regional a while (say if you got hired at 600-900 hours) then yeah, regional pay will be better(obviously depending on the company). What it came down to for me was QOL and that's different for everyone. I didn't get a lot of crew time, but that's a chance I was willing to take.

What do you guys all think about working for Plansense/Alpha Flying (www.planesense.aero) as a jump off point into the industry? I've talked to a few of you on the board about this company over the past couple months but would like to get a broader perspective.

I'm over their minimums to get hired (Part 91 Sub. K SIC mins) so I would have no trouble there. Pay is initially better than the regionals. Very diverse type of flying - everywhere from small grass strips to the major Class B airports. The PC-12 (NextGens on order) is a badass airplane and with the Grob jets coming in '08, that would open up more opportunities.

The downside to this is a PC-12 FO may not sit well with some people since it is a single pilot aircraft. I think the same thing can be said when the Grobs come online as I think they will be certified for single pilot ops. However, the regs dictate the aircraft needs an SIC so I guess it is legitmate time then.

What do you all think of this place as an alternative to the regionals? From talking to some people within the company it seems like a 1-1.5 yr upgrade to PC-12 PIC (merit based....) then maybe another 1-1.5 yr to Grob SIC.

Latest resources

Back