The JetBlue Incident Shows Why Pilots Should Make 200K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VABB said:
Is that why you boys at AirTran are one of the original culprits in lowering the bar for salaries in the airline industry?

Your ignorance is without equal. Congratulations, VABB.
If half of you guys wanting more money just left the industry to pursue corporate sales or commercial real estate, things might be a bit nicer for the rest of us. Plain and simple: too many pilots, too few jobs. Don't look at AirTran as the culprit, look at your friend and neighbor who bought his job.
Noone is disagreeing that we should be paid more, but bitching about it ain't gonna make it happen. The world we live in now will not support our pay demands. Perhaps there are jobs overseas and in Asia which you can still earn some bucks at. Good luck.

Is that why you boys at AirTran are one of the original culprits in lowering the bar for salaries in the airline industry?

Funny, that's what Fedex, ABX and UPS guys say about you. . . .

At least while we're "lowering the bar" we're not on a 20 minute call-out and crapping into a plastic bag.

What's that? Your pager's gong off? Chihauhau, Mexico? Have fun. Better pack a big bag, they don't have anything coming back for a few days.

Other jobs with with 149+ lives in your hands:

Air Traffic Controller-Make more than pilots
Firefighters (specifically at a high rise fire)Govt. Job, good bennies though. Make more than regional pilots
Police Officers (specifically if 149 hostages are involved)Come On! that happens every day
Cruise Ship Captain- Make more than pilots
The guy whose job it is to tell you where the Hurricane wil strike-I bet he makes more too, but he is not directly involved with the 150 people.
The guy who bakes the Krispy Kreme doughnuts- What the F is this
Aircraft Mechanic-Small point made here. They should make more
The guy in charge of making sure the lion at the zoo cannot escape-Again...what the F, lets pick things that actuall happens daily ok.

Yank McCobb said:
Read PCL 3701 then read the account of this emergency. There's your difference between young, inexperienced "any 22 year old" vs. experienced professional airmen.

PERIOD.

I agree that the language used during the flight is characteristic of young attitudes. However, plenty of very experienced and older pilots have crash airplanes for silly reasons before too. Negligence can bite us all.

No, No, Nooo

You guys got it all wrong. Pilots should not be paid any more and, well if you follow my fuzzy logic should get paid even less...here's why.

In the ol' days, Pilots faced with this problem would get out the books and figger out how to fix the problem. If it were an ol DC8, the FE'd be down there in the hole pullin breakers and runnin jumper wires to get that baby turned around and fixed, all the while computing the best %MAC, speeds and tire friction to make the outcome so that the airplane didnt get broke.

NO! These guys broke the airplane, then broke it more when the ground it down to a nub, so THEY SHOULD MAKE LESS. Actually they should have to pay for the damage. Makes sense to me after drinkin two cups of bad java...water here is kinda skunky.

Pilots these days are button pushers. You'd think they'd put more info in them damn laptops to help them fix a problem like this. Its all electrons chasin each other around up there, these kids bein' computer geeks should be able to fix the damn problem. Aint like it used to be.

Oh, ok. Those kids did a fabulous job landin that french piece of tin. Dangit, woulda been better if in the flare the thing spun around to center and ....miracle of miracles. Aint that how it would be in the movies? Heroes all.

They earned their blue chips anyways. Too bad they walked outside and started wavin their hands like a couple of beauty queens at homecoming to the choppers overhead. Shoulda walked out and lit up a smoke, spit on the ground and wipe the sweat offin their heads.

Where's the charisma these days?

Tex.

Ace757 said:
Other jobs with with 149+ lives in your hands:

Air Traffic Controller-Make more than pilots
Firefighters (specifically at a high rise fire)Govt. Job, good bennies though. Make more than regional pilots
Police Officers (specifically if 149 hostages are involved)Come On! that happens every day
Cruise Ship Captain- Make more than pilots
The guy whose job it is to tell you where the Hurricane wil strike-I bet he makes more too, but he is not directly involved with the 150 people.
The guy who bakes the Krispy Kreme doughnuts- What the F is this
Aircraft Mechanic-Small point made here. They should make more
The guy in charge of making sure the lion at the zoo cannot escape-Again...what the F, lets pick things that actuall happens daily ok.

After all the examples why we should make more, in the end, why don't we? When we figure out why we don't, maybe it will lead us to why we shouldn't?

Floyd R. Turbo said:
So True. Clint Eastwood said it best: "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."
Really. You don't see people asking for across the board pay cuts when an airline flight crew tracks a vor into a mountain.

You know hookers make more than most pilots... The reason being a good hooker is hard to come by and that a pilot is more likely to need a hooker than a hooker is to need a pilot.

I for one do everything in my power to help out wages. I tell everyone I know that I make zero dollars and that the job is absolute garbage.

Hopefully over time if we all pull together we can stop the influx of pilots into the industry which should solve the wage issue. DAL is helping by anouncing there recent pilot cuts.

Ty Webb said:
Funny, that's what Fedex, ABX and UPS guys say about you. . . .

At least while we're "lowering the bar" we're not on a 20 minute call-out and crapping into a plastic bag.

What's that? Your pager's gong off? Chihauhau, Mexico? Have fun. Better pack a big bag, they don't have anything coming back for a few days.

Oh no, not the pager comeback again!!

Ty, do really believe everything you read on an internet message board??

How is your negotiations going? Are you anticipating your concessions to be large or small?

Latest resources

Back