The JetBlue Incident Shows Why Pilots Should Make 200K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
News flash . . . . . by your same argument, what's to say I am not an AirTran manager, and am making anonymous posts for the reason you dreamed up.

What a handul of anonymous people say on a message board is not going to affect our negotiating committee, and their mandate is from the 1200 pilots who have been polled extensively about what they are looking for in the next contract.

And comparing AirTran pay to what you make flying car parts around and crapping in a bag while your wife puts out for half the town isn't going to affect the voting decision of 1200 pilots.

Have a nice life

Car parts and crapping in a bag? Hah hah, if only you knew!! Like I said, you will believe anything anybody posts on a message board won't you?

News flash . . . . . by your same argument, what's to say I am not an AirTran manager, and am making anonymous posts for the reason you dreamed up.

First of all, you should have ended that statement with a question mark, a good manager knows correct grammar. Second, you very well could be an AirTran manager, but I doubt it, you get way too emotional.

What a handul of anonymous people say on a message board is not going to affect our negotiating committee, and their mandate is from the 1200 pilots who have been polled extensively about what they are looking for in the next contract.

Do you want to bet? It may not affect your negotiating committee, but I can assure you that the people they are negotiating with, i.e., the company, are reading these types of message boards. By shooting your mouth off about how great your pay and QOL is at AirTran is just one more little piece of ammo the company negotiators will probably arm themselves with. That coupled with the very good probability that AirTran will start posting losses is going to make it very tough for them to justify any type of raise. Can you say concessions?

And comparing AirTran pay to what you make flying car parts around and crapping in a bag while your wife puts out for half the town isn't going to affect the voting decision of 1200 pilots.

Hmmm, I detect some emotion on your part. Is this conversation getting to you? Is insulting one's job and wife your way of trying to hide your true feelings that you are scared that you are going to get screwed in your next contract? Are you feeling insecure?? Because if you were secure, you wouldn't be making statements like that. In fact, you probably wouldn't be bringing them up in the first place.

I defend the company I work for against flammers like you. I'm not bragging about my pay I'm simply setting the record straight. I know the position that I believe my compensation is good is unpopular with some. Yes I like my job, yes I will help clean the cabin on a quick turn, yes I will go find a wheelchair and push it up the jetway. On the rare occasion I have loaded a bag or two, because this helps the company I work for stay successful. I've said this before, I have no illusions about how my company feels about me. If I want more money or better schedules, Its up to me to try to make my company more successful. Vabb you simply have a bad attitude every time you come on this board it's like a broken record, VALUTRASH, SCABS, THE EVERGLADES. If thats the best you can come up with then I have very little to worry about going forward. I certainly hope my management is'nt reading this board, I'd like to think they have much more important things going on. If they do read this board, I believe they are smart enough to know that I only speak for myself.

VABB said:
Blah, blah, blah . . . . .

Sorry, man, I've got to go with Murphy here. Sorry you didn;t get hired, but it seems to me the process worked. Have fun in Chihuahua. Pack some TP.

So, Fletch . . . . whatsa happenin', my man? Was that you I heard the other day?

Ty,

My brother, It was me the other night I could here you huff'in and puff'in trying to get that 73 to come down.

fletch717 said:
, yes I will help clean the cabin on a quick turn, yes I will go find a wheelchair and push it up the jetway. On the rare occasion I have loaded a bag or two, because this helps the company I work for stay successful. I've said this before, .

Fletch,
we're in mediation now, please stop being proactive.

Comparing AirTran pay to what you make flying car parts around and crapping in a bag while your wife puts out for half the town isn't going to affect our next contract, Chief.

Is this a tough room or what?

Sticky said:
That is the bottom line. Why pay a life long professional pilot big bucks when a 22 year old can do the same for a fraction the cost? The 22 year old probably doesn't have a family to support, a house, a 401K, etc. They just want to "fly".

If you don't think you are a better pilot today than when you were 22 ... please quit.

Last edited:
PA31Driver said:
Here is an excerpt from the AP news story.....

"Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who spoke with the pilot, identified him as Scott Burke and praised him for the calm he showed during the flight.

"He joked that he was sorry he put the plane down 6 inches off the center line," Villaraigosa said."

Awesome!!

I knew Scott when we flew together at Brockway. Great guy. Smart, dedicated, a true profesional even way back then.

Latest resources

Back