The JetBlue Incident Shows Why Pilots Should Make 200K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey! STOP THE HIJACK

Hey!!!! Stop the hijack, this is a serious thread about the future of our industry

Ace757 said:
Hey!!!! Stop the hijack, this is a serious thread about the future of our industry

So...EMTs should make 100K as well because they save lives too? Police and fireman should make 200K because they serve and protect.

Why don't they? Because anyone can and will do their job...just like pilots. The medical doctors of the world make very good money because very few can and want to do it.

No one deserves a good paycheck, you must earn it.

Mike

Last edited:
Who has the power to take 150 lives with one mistake though. Does an EMT cause 150 to die because of a mistake???? no

so...we should be paid good money because we don't make big mistakes? In other words, we should be "paid off" for not doing our job wrong?

This job seems easy to you because you have been doing it for awhile, and feel comfortable. I bet Dr's who have been around awhile don't think there job is that hard. Just rememer all the training you had to go through to get where you are. Remember how much money it cost you. Remember working as a CFI for $10 an hr. Remember taking a pay cut to go to the regionals, remember waiting 10 years to make a descent wage. Remember all you have sacrificed for this career. Don't let anyone take any meaning away from that. No one works harder to get to the top than a pilot. Hell.....you get tested every 6 months, and have to get medicals, and if anything shows up your career is over. Yes there are alot of pilots. BUT, all and all I think we are a pretty inteligent group. I don't think it is true that anyone can fly an airplane. It just seems that way to you now because you know what you are doing.

Ace757 said:
Who has the power to take 150 lives with one mistake though.

ATC controllers, firemen, security screeners, to name a few.

I'm not saying that pilots don't deserve big money, just that it isn't based on responsibility. It's based on what you can negotiate and how easily you can be replaced.

Latest resources

Back