Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The JetBlue ALPA drive has officially started.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really don't know what you are talking about do you? ALPA had nothing to do with the Skywest deal and had no legal grounds to stop it. It was allowed by the worthless CBA written in 2001 that had so much poor language and loop holes that have been exploited continuously. That CBA was written by an inept in-house union known as the NPA.

You need to actually read what I wrote. It will make it easier for you to reply. I said nothing about SkyWest.

86 seat RJ's are specifically allowed in the TA'd Scope section written by ALPA. Not the NPA.

When this occurred we became the only ALPA airline to allow 86 seat jets in our Scope. This is how our union interpreted the pilots first polled priority. "Protect Scope".

You are however correct about one thing. The NPA were inept.

You need to actually read what I wrote. It will make it easier for you to reply. I said nothing about SkyWest.

86 seat RJ's are specifically allowed in the TA'd Scope section written by ALPA. Not the NPA.

When this occurred we became the only ALPA airline to allow 86 seat jets in our Scope. This is how our union interpreted the pilots first polled priority. "Protect Scope".

You are however correct about one thing. The NPA were inept.
Your MEC gave away your scope. There has never been a case where scope has been breached without some worthless self serving negotiating committee signing the bottom line. It's all part of pilots screwing pilots.

Rayford:

And on the other end is another MEC who will take the flying, no matter what the pay, just to get to fly a larger airplane with a somewhat larger paycheck.

We agree that pilots will just screw pilots....and standing guard over all of it is good old ALPA National.

A350

ALPA national can't stop a group from undercutting another. Do you think they should have the right to tell you how to vote?

ALPA National has always had the power to stop the profession from imploding on itself.....except they never do. They occasionally use a strike...but when your carrier liquidates or comes upon hard times, there is never anything for you because they will tell you they don't hire pilots. The ALPA president signs these contracts too....he just has to say no!

They also have had the power to suspend service....this is a nuclear bomb but ever since the APA got jammed with a $30 mil. judgement...they have been as quiet as a lamb.

The USAir pension is a great example.....ALPA National could have vetoed the agreement....let the judge or the government take the pension but to give it away sure didn't do the pilots at DAL, NWA, and UAL any favors.....

A350

That's a one way street! I bet you if I ever violated a company policy, it wouldn't be "leave him be, fire him later." It would be instant termination. So why the hell should we "fly now, grieve later."

What Caveman wrote PLUS:

No, you're wrong. When's the last time you heard of an "instant termination" at a union airline? With a union, there is a defined process to terminate a pilot, usually including providing evidence that you deserve to be terminated and that everybody who ever did what you did was also fired. Otherwise the union will aruge that there was precedence for keeping you around.

There are reasons for not liking unions. Your reasons reek of prejudice and lack of understanding.

ALPA National has always had the power to stop the profession from imploding on itself.....except they never do. They occasionally use a strike...but when your carrier liquidates or comes upon hard times, there is never anything for you because they will tell you they don't hire pilots. The ALPA president signs these contracts too....he just has to say no!

You mean you want the president of ALPA to override a pilot group's collective voice? Like he's some kind of father figure who knows better than his kids? Are you serious?

They also have had the power to suspend service....this is a nuclear bomb but ever since the APA got jammed with a $30 mil. judgement...they have been as quiet as a lamb.

I'll let your lack of logical thinking speak for itself here.

The USAir pension is a great example.....ALPA National could have vetoed the agreement....let the judge or the government take the pension but to give it away sure didn't do the pilots at DAL, NWA, and UAL any favors.....

A350

Again, you think National should override the wishes of a pilot group's decision? I'm guessing you're already anti-union. If national had overruled a pilot groups vote, I'm certain people like you would be using that as ammo against ALPA as well. Damned if you do...

As you are so quick to point out....the pension debacle at USAir was not the pilot group's decision, but a 9th hour back door deal. National should have known better.

A350

As you are so quick to point out....the pension debacle at USAir was not the pilot group's decision, but a 9th hour back door deal. National should have known better.

A350

We have a 5% 401K match in a 401K that is out of balance and fails IRC testing every year and a statement that at any time and for any reason the company can amend, change or terminate each and every benefit plan at the company.

Your PBGC Pension is probably a better deal.

ALPA may suck but what we have a JetBlue swallows.

Next!

Splert.....

Yeah.....$28,800 a year from the government instead of a $1.5-2.5 million lump sum is a better deal all right! The way our government spends money....I ain't counting on that either.

That verbiage is in there....but the company has never done that. They pay to equal everyone up and pay the profit sharing....even when we lost money and fuel was $4/gal and going to the moon.

I am not defending some of the things that management does....but it will take a whole lot to make me change my mind about ALPA.

A350

Latest resources

Back