Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The JetBlue ALPA drive has officially started.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A350 said:
There was a time when the company was trying to pawn off the pension on the govt, and the govt initially said no.

A350

Company, government, don't see ALPA in that statement?

The AAA guys could have said no, but then where would you be now. ALPA didn't run the company, management did and management failed.

As for ALPA, correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you AAA ALPA or is ALPA some mysterious all powerful entity that enforces it will upon it's member, without allowing said members a voice?

You can be pissed at ALPA all you want, that is your perogative, but it strikes me as odd, that when AAA ALPA negotiated a great contract, it was all you, but when you got hosed by management, it was all ALPA's fault.

Just vote no, clearly ALPA is the reason you got hosed!

ALPA will also cause us to furlough, and all the new planes will be differed. We will likely be forced into pay cuts, Dave will leave and the wide bodies will be canceled. The committee structure is working wonders it's just broken, give us 2-3 more years and we'll have a work around for what you need. All those other models are not sustainable... they will lose money and fail. We have to be ableto strike quickly in a dynamic environment. No worries we hear you. I get it... This time.

warm reguards

Last edited:
Sorry.....the timeline you speak of may exist....but it had nothing to do with the government bailout post 9/11.

There was a time when the company was trying to pawn off the pension on the govt, and the govt initially said no.

A350

Not trying to be pro union or anti union but I like to get the facts out there. Lots of misinformation that carries on and takes a life of it's own. Much of what we hear is inaccurate.

Latest resources

Back