Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
while I agree with you NJAowner for the most part, we have quite a large number of Ex-NJ owners here and they like it (so they say)

DO-82, I publicly thank you for your donation! :) You are right that many NJ families contributed $$ to get things moving in the right direction. Volunteers continue to donate their time, some lose income because of it. (Now how would I know that...:rolleyes: and, no I'm not complaining!) The point I'm making is that great things are possible when a united group holds strong convictions they are willing to sacrifice and work for. I have no doubt that those sentiments exist among the Options group, as well. We've all heard it, and I strongly believe it--

Where there's a will there's a way!

More union holy war crap

Just Peachy said:
GOOD POST!... This is essentially the attitude that happend at NJA to get management to negotiate in earnest... and when we wrote up the plane on the spot instead of carrying the trip, they really started paying attention.

But mostly, the general attitude of the pilots became, the job is NOT worth it in its present form. I'd just as soon be elsewhere, doing something else making more bucks and happier to boot ! Hang in there !

Burn Baby Burn:smash::angryfire:uzi:

I have risen from the dead to say this: the sound of more union holy war verbiage is sad to hear. You would cause your company to crash and burn and do these things speaks to your character. Sad. IF you will do this during negotiations, you would when things are good too if you had a bad day.

Burn baby burn. Sad. RIP Flight Options.

Turbinehead said:
I have risen from the dead to say this: the sound of more union holy war verbiage is sad to hear. You would cause your company to crash and burn and do these things speaks to your character. Sad. IF you will do this during negotiations, you would when things are good too if you had a bad day.

Burn baby burn. Sad. RIP Flight Options.

The pilots did not start the war at Options, management did. So they are just trying to fight the war that management started. The pilots are doing or have not done anything to make the company crash and burn. Again, upper management has and continues to do so.

The pilots have to show management they can have an influence on what happens with the company. Now if that means they ground a few airplanes for small mx items, then so be it. What management does not realize is that the pilots have a lot of control how the company is run. There are already stories of how the charter costs have increased because the pilots are not answering the phones before their expected duty on times. That is called solidarity. That is the only way that a contract will come about. When management finally wakes up and listens to the pilots instead of the lawyers at F&H and only then will the company begin to run smooth.

The management could end this tomorrow, if they wanted. The could walk into our negotiators with a contract that mirrors the industry standard pay, schedule and benefits package, and we'd have a contract in a month.

Instead, Ford and Harrison has convinced Raytheon that a union jihad is the way to go. Management won't punish me, and I'm not punishing them. We are punishing the owners.

Ultimately, the owners will have the final say. The only question is who they will believe is to blame. I speak with these people everyday. I know the answer. The credibility gap from owners isn't with the pilots.

It may be true

Dime -- I know 6 FLoPs owners and not one is close to being happy. Each is waiting for their respective contract to be up and most have already contacted NJA. One will move to CS. Of course, this is only a very limited sample. Personally, I do not know anyone moving from NJA to FLOPS. I know some who are considering CS but that is it.

Fly safe.

When the Netjets pilots were in negotiations they already had a contract and were protected/restricted by the Railway Labor Act. The options pilots are fighting for their first contract.

Do they fall under the RLA? Or is it only after a contact is signed? If not, I see their struggle as very different.

So here is a question for the nja pilots, what will happen to seniority when nja buys flops? Will some guy at nja who is close to upgrade lose his spot because a flops guy is now a higher number? Will a flops pilot flow to nji before a nja pilot? This will become very intresting.

Not going to happen hammer! There will be no merger or seniority grab, so don't try and start rumors or stir up feces!

When the Netjets pilots were in negotiations they already had a contract and were protected/restricted by the Railway Labor Act. The options pilots are fighting for their first contract.

Do they fall under the RLA? Or is it only after a contact is signed? If not, I see their struggle as very different.

Their struggle is different in some respects, as you have noted. They lack the same protections and must be careful. On the other hand, managers there appear to have become just as much accustomed to the pilots fixing management's problems as NJA managers were. When pilots decide to do only their own duties (not scheduling, catering, etc) and earn the paycheck they are given instead of working above and beyond for less than industry wages, the company will begin to hear the message that the pilots are aware of their considerable contribution to the operation and expect to be compensated accordingly. When the stick approach is shown to have negative consequences the wielder begins to see the sense in offering a carrot. Protracted labor unrest is not a desirable condition; when management becomes uncomfortable they'll be motivated to bring a fair offer to the table. Yes, there are differences, but human nature is the same at both companies.

Options pilots: While standing up for yourselves, do so under the guidance of your leaders. It will do no one any good if you are fired or cause problems for 1108. I know that your group is being given help and advice by those qualified to answer your questions and provide the best strategy. Please help them to help you. Stay informed, stand together, and follow your leaders. There is light at the end of the tunnel and many satisfied NJ pilots and their families are evidence of that. It can happen for your group, too. It just takes work and determination.
Best Wishes!
NJW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back