Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
If NJW's husband wins the 1108 position he is running for........will she change her name to "Queen of NetJets". How has the aviation industry survived w/o her "wisdom and knowledge" all these years?

SCT

Torch, as a point of order, wives are allowed to post on the 1108 message board. Don't let that Spouses and Families section there fool you...:p It's 3 "doors" down from the crew room. I posted there just before the bylaws vote in response to another wife's post. We discussed the bylaws/dues increase and the current status of affairs in the union, as well as important issues like fatigue. They're both still there for those of you open-minded enough to look at things from an informed wife's perspective ...:p

Majik, it well may be that there is too much misinformation here, at times, but we also have the potential to exchange viewpoints and discuss the issues. It is my hope that we can avoid personal insults that serve no good and focus on intelligent debate instead. BTW, it's good to see you guys posting here again...:)

SCT, "all these years" my family was previously in the AF doing our part to further the mission and build camaraderie in the squadrons we were assigned to; for the last 3 years my husband has worked hard as a volunteer for the good of the pilot group. He has my full support which makes it easier for him to donate lots of time and his considerable talent. That is not to say that others haven't done the same, but you did mention only my family.

There is a reason that I don't read the Spouses and Families section of the 1108 board! You don't exchange ideas and points of view. You beat people down with your ramblings and diatribes. I used to enjoy your enthusiasm and posts, now you are just predictable and repetitive. If this serves as your surrogate OWC, then so be it.

Torch, I looked at the S&F section of the NJ board to try to understand your opinion of ramblings and diatribes and I saw-- wives posting to connect with other NJ families in the area; helpful financial information; tips shared about vacation destinations, and relevant discussions about family leave, insurance policy, etc. As well as the two I mentioned previously which were definitely supportive of the pilots and volunteers. I saw nothing that justified your description, including my own posts there.

Now on to my "diatribe"...:eek: also known as defending my position and those who have been maligned.

Perhaps you didn't intend to disparage those who have posted in the S&F section of the NJ board, but it certainly comes across that way. While insulting those posters you also inadvertently insulted many officers' wives who give up a lot for their husbands to defend the country, particularly in war time. They don't just stand around drinking coffee at their meetings...:rolleyes: Lots of OWCs host events on base (throughout the year) to raise funds that get poured into QOL projects for military families and do special things to brighten up the holidays for the young enlisted troops stationed far from home. I have personally participated in all of the above; it appears that your thoughtless remark was based on ignorance as well as spite--both undeserved.

At the risk of being accused of "rambling"...:rolleyes: I want to thank the pilots who post in the S&F section and encourage more of our NJ families to use that section of the board to build camaraderie in our group.
NJW

Ok all.....Enough of this. This thread is about FLIGHT OPTIONS....Not NETJETS. If you want to start a conversation about NetJets and union issues, there is a union forum for that. You can also start a thread about it with NetJets and Union in the title. As for this thread, please get it back to the topic.....FLIGHT OPTIONS, not NETJETS. This thread is now closed. Please continue the topic at The Flight Options Army part II which I just started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back