• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

choppengruven

I am an Army of One (or 2, or 300, ...)

I am an army of One - A Pilot in the Flight Options army.
For years I was a loyal soldier in the FO army. Now I fight my own fight.
I used to feel valued and respected. Now I know I am mere fodder.
They, FO, used to exhibit labor leadership. Now they exploit legal loopholes.
They used to enjoy my maximum. Now they will suffer my minimum.

I am an army of One.
I used to save FO a hundreds of pounds of fuel per leg; finding the best FL, getting direct routing, throttling back when on-time with a tail wind, skimping during ground ops, adjusting for winds, being smart and giving the company every effort I could conjure. Now, it's "burn baby, burn".
I used to call maintenance while airborne, so the part would be ready at the destination. Now, they'll find the 501 when they look in the book.
I used to try to fix problems in the system, now I sit and watch as the miscues pile up.
I used to fly sick. Now I use my sick days, on short notice, on the worst day of the month.

I am an army of One.

I used to start the APU at the last possible moment. Now my customers enjoy extreme comfort.
I used to let the price of fuel affect my fuel orders. I still do.
I used to cover mistakes by OCC. Now I watch them unfold.
I used to hustle to ensure an on-time departure and arrival, to make us the best.

Now I do it for the rampers and agents who need the bonus money……but this too may change.
I used to call dispatch for rerouting, to head off ground delays for bad weather. Now I am the delay, number 35 in line for takeoff

I am an army of One

I am on a new mission - to demonstrate that misguided leadership of indifference and disrespect has a cost. It's about character, not contracts.
It's about leading by taking care of your people instead of leadership by bean counters (an oxymoron).
With acts of omission, not commission, I am a one-man wrecking crew - an army of One.
My mission used to be to make FO rich. Now it's to make FO pay.
When they threaten to layoff pilots unlike the rest, pilots that cost them 60 cents on the dollar - I will make them pay.

When they under-staff programs and over-work reserves to keep pilots downgraded, down-flowed, or downtrodden - I will make them pay.
When over-booked owners are disserviced, while jets are parked and un-crewed - I will make them pay.
When they deny upgrade to pilots who have waited 5 years to and use contract pilots instead - I will make them pay.
When they ask FO pilots to show leadership on the line, and then deny them longevity to upgrade - I will make them pay.
When they layoff F/As and then ask the survivors to do OT - I will make them pay.
When they violate the letter and spirit of bargaining for our first contract - a contract that's by any measure overdue, and force us to fight lengthy for every sentence - I will make them pay.
My negotiating committee speaks for me, but I act on my own.

I am a walking nightmare to the bean counters that made me. Are you listening?
This mercenary has a lot of years left with this company; how long can you afford to keep me bitter? I'm not looking for a contract, I'm looking for a culture of commitment and caring. When I see it, I'll be a soldier for FO again.

Until then,

I am an Army of One…And I'm not alone!

Originally Written by a Continental Airlines Pilot, adapted to fit Flight Options

ARMY ...one

GOOD POST!... This is essentially the attitude that happend at NJA to get management to negotiate in earnest... and when we wrote up the plane on the spot instead of carrying the trip, they really started paying attention.

But mostly, the general attitude of the pilots became, the job is NOT worth it in its present form. I'd just as soon be elsewhere, doing something else making more bucks and happier to boot ! Hang in there !

Burn Baby Burn:smash::angryfire:uzi:

choppengruven said:
I am an Army of One (or 2, or 300, ...)

I used to let the price of fuel affect my fuel orders. I still do.

LOL! This one cracked me up!

C

there's nothing funny about that post corona.
we're at war just like our netjets brothers were a few years back, just as flexjet and cs will be in the future

NetJets lost a lot of money during the negotiations. I wonder if Flight Options will survive a struggle like NetJets.

huh?

gunfyter said:
Raytheon dwarfs Berkshire Hathaway

Check those facts before posting gun....

Raytheon:
Market Capitalization = 21.1 billion
Sales = 22.4 billion

Berkshire:
Market Capitalization = 149.4 billion
Sales = 92.85 billion

gunfyter said:
Raytheon dwarfs Berkshire Hathaway
True. But is their heart in it ?
Good luck to my Flight Options brotheren. Each time we meet on the road, your professionalism is obvious, as is your frustration.

gunfyter said:
You are right.I didn't notice Berkshire's numbers were reported in thousands.We should have held out for 100% Retro!

Are we back to that argument again? So Dairy Queen, Pampered Chef, and Fruit of the Loom should help pay for the NetJets pilot contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back