Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
The management could ...could walk into our negotiators with a contract that mirrors the industry standard pay, schedule and benefits package, and we'd have a contract in a month.

Ultimately, the owners will have the final say. The only question is who they will believe is to blame. I speak with these people everyday. I know the answer. The credibility gap from owners isn't with the pilots.

Good post, Ace! I agree that the owners see the obvious--professional pilots are taking them safely where they need to go. I hardly think they expect that service should be theirs for less than the going rate. When it comes to safety they surely don't want to take a chance that "you get what you pay for" will be what they think in the middle of a crash. :eek: Owners realize that experienced pilots will leave if they aren't compensated according to their skills. I have no doubt that they'd be shocked to know that some pilots qualify for government assistance. I'm just as sure that Flight Options isn't proudly telling owners that the pilots are underpaid/overworked. Made aware of the facts, how could they deny the justification of your contract battle?

As for management, they know that low morale and poor motivation has a ripple effect which impacts performance and growth. When they get past their arrogance and anger at having the pilots stand up to them, they'll calm down and realize that working together is in everyone's best interest. They may do so grudgingly, but if the pilots hold their ground, they'll come around.

WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOU CAN'T GO BACK, YOU ARE MORE COMPELLED TO MOVE FORWARD

Dime -- I know 6 FLoPs owners and not one is close to being happy. Each is waiting for their respective contract to be up and most have already contacted NJA. One will move to CS. Of course, this is only a very limited sample. Personally, I do not know anyone moving from NJA to FLOPS. I know some who are considering CS but that is it.

Fly safe.

You are very correct NJAOwner.. It is sad but the owners I have talked to are very upset and eager to jump ship. Some are owners on the retiring fleets and FLOPS can no longer meet thier needs so they are going elsewhere. Most however are just fed up with the lack of integrity from OSR. It is not OSR's fault though-they are just relaying info given to them by the schedulers. I do not claim to know the fix to the problems but something has to be done because operations as normal will be the end to FLOPS.
Just take a look at thier new programs:
Pilot incentives for sales
Fractional First

The illustrious upper management must go! They have such a stellar record; lets start with AmericaWest … Bankruptcy; USAirways Metro Jet … bye, bye. USAirways Shuttle … rolled into mainline. USAirways Express … retroactive pay cuts, etc. Oh, did I mention the 2 Bankruptcies, and the bonus taken in the first bankruptcy. While others were loosing there jobs, or taking substantial pay, benefit, and retirement hits, they got a bonus.

Now that’s leading by example!

When upper management is morally bankrupt no one should be surprised that the company ends up financially bankrupt. Getting a bonus for cutting costs..read that workers...just adds insult to injury. Disgusting! :mad: Just another reason unions are needed...

NJA buying FLOPS

Just my opinion, but I do not think NJA will ever buy FLOPS --- that is just a dream of the FLOPs employees. Since many FLOPs owners are migrating to NJA naturally (and for free), why would NJA pay for owners who are coming anyway. It does not need FLOPs' equipment, doesn't need its operations, doesn't need its support operations.

Fly safe.

Desperate times result in very hopeful dreams. In the light of day, one realizes that the answer is to fight for the contract that makes the job worth keeping--all on its own. Listen to your leaders Options pilots. Follow their advice. Build your $ war chest. Dig in your heels on your just demands. That's what the NJ pilots did and others in the industry (or the regionals, for that matter) can do it, too.
Best Wishes!
NJW

When upper management is morally bankrupt no one should be surprised that the company ends up financially bankrupt. Getting a bonus for cutting costs..read that workers...just adds insult to injury. Disgusting! :mad: Just another reason unions are needed...

How can you honestly try to imply that unions have the moral high ground vs corporate management?

Truth be told, there are probably equal amounts of fraud and criminal acts on both sides.

And do not make the mistake of assuming I condone giving bonuses to managment whose sole contribution is to cut heads. Sometimes that is an unfortunate necessity, but it should be part of a larger strategic vision.

Just my opinion, but I do not think NJA will ever buy FLOPS --- that is just a dream of the FLOPs employees. Since many FLOPs owners are migrating to NJA naturally (and for free), why would NJA pay for owners who are coming anyway. It does not need FLOPs' equipment, doesn't need its operations, doesn't need its support operations.

Fly safe.

Good observations.

Another reason why NetJets will probably never buy FLOPs is that they have no interest in assuming the money losing deals FLOPs has made in an effort to attract and retain owners.

My statement was made as a general observation on situations. No specific groups were named--by choice. It was intended to caution workers to stand up for their interests, and not just rely on the "goodness" of the company to treat them fairly. I agree that immorality can be found in any group. I firmly believe that members must police their own lest they be harmed by the actions of a corrupt few. Any organization, in this case a union, is a direct reflection of its membership. Therefore, it is only right to judge each group, management or union, on the merits of their own behavior.

Leverage

As I have said before, the power in negotiations comes down to leverage. In the NJA-NJA Pilots battle owners were for the most part not a player -- the pie remained the same size (or slightly smaller). In a FLOPS-FLOPS Pilot battle, both sides are fighting over an ever decreasing size of the pie and the battle is just accelerating the decrease in size. FLOPs pilots and management should not think their battle is just like the NJA battle. It i smuch, much different, and both sides will come out as losers.

Fly safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back