• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
NJA Owner:

While I am far from the business type that you presumably are, I would make a couple of observations.

I am forced to fight for industry standard pay and benefits. My company could have forseen the impact of the NetJets contract and planned for it accordingly. I spoke personnally with middle and upper management who believed that "a contract will never happen."

Their failure to plan even a rudimentary response to the shifting tide in the industry doesn't constitute a reason for me to subsidize the richest 1/4 of 1% of Americans. If we're that poorly led, that gives me every incentive to pursue a "max pay to the last day" philosopy. That is what I'm advocating to our union leadership. If the doors are slated to close, they we might as well get our fair share.

Market share is a fluctuating thing. I haven't used a Commodore computer in awhile. If management could come up with a really good product, the market would respond. I am convinced of that. However, with Flight Options management spending dollars on worthless HR initiatives, and management creating fluffed up titles and redundant vice presidents by the day, I fail to see where cutting my meager salary or forcing me to take vacation is the answer. We're growing tail, with not as many teeth.

Again, if Raytheon wants to fight in the fractional business, then maybe we could get a industry standard contract, and work on making a lean competitive organization. The pilots are ready to fight in the marketplace. Our management isn't. They can't and so they won't. They simply aren't smart enough. The evidence for that is as clear as day.

So we become the low hanging fruit. I don't consider my management the enemy. It is a shame that they don't return the sentiment.

Can someone explain the motive behind forcing vacation at FLOPS, if not to make the balance sheet more attractive to a potential buyer? BTW, Good luck to all.

I think some of the same sentiments do apply across the industry. Posts like Ace's could have been made by a NJ pilot a year ago--easily. Pilot salaries need to be figured as a cost of doing business. They pay the fuel costs, at the market rate. The px understand there is a fixed cost expense in fuel, catering food etc that gets figured into the product price. Why should pilots get short-changed? Asking for the going rate is only fair. It shouldn't be up to pilots to absorb the financial mistakes of management. We heard all the same excuses at NJ and they didn't go under did they? What do the pilots call it? FUD ...fear..uncertainty...doubt. It is a staple of contract battles. If they can't pay the pilots a fair rate for their professional skills maybe they need to make drastic changes in how they run the company. It's time to stop balancing the budget on the backs of the pilots.

Hang in there Options Pilots!
Netjetwife

I spoke personnally with middle and upper management who believed that "a contract will never happen."

Then it is past the time to implement an "exit strategy"!

Their failure to plan even a rudimentary response to the shifting tide in the industry...

It may well be that your company has already folded their hand and the pilots will be the last to discover that.

If we're that poorly led, that gives me every incentive to pursue a "max pay to the last day" philosopy. That is what I'm advocating to our union leadership. If the doors are slated to close, they we might as well get our fair share.

Only if you are among the last to leave, don't forget to turn off the lights.

If management could come up with a really good product, the market would respond. I am convinced of that.

Again, what if your management has run dry of ideas?

Again, if Raytheon wants to fight in the fractional business, then maybe we could get a industry standard contract, and work on making a lean competitive organization. The pilots are ready to fight in the marketplace. Our management isn't. They can't and so they won't. They simply aren't smart enough. The evidence for that is as clear as day.

They do not seem to want to fight, they seem to want to flee! It looks like the end game has begun and your company is short of material and it's position on the board is poor. My condolances.

So we become the low hanging fruit. I don't consider my management the enemy. It is a shame that they don't return the sentiment.

NJA will not be picking that friut! Why pay for something, we are going to get for free? If this post comes across as unfeeling it's only because my assessment of the situation, thus far, is dismal for FO. You sound like a solid trooper and NJ would be fortunate to have you. Perhaps it's time to leave with your head held high? Just my .02

Is our Union going off the rails?

I don't know guys. The pilots that were complaining before the contract are still complaining now. Things have improved, but we have the same agitators on the union board, and they're the same 20 or so all of the time.

We have a new union referendum that will make the union stifling as anything management is accused of being, once it has been completely built.

Yeah, I know we're supposed to love the union. Do we really need a dues increase when they they just got one with our pay increase?

Okay, so Flight Options has a union...or does it? Who's really behind this union institution at Flight Options, or all of the strings being pulled the IBT 1108 Columbus office?

Why should I have to pay for that with a dues increase?

I voted no!

Last edited:
I don't know guys. The pilots that were complaining before the contract are still complaining now. Things have improved, but we have the same agitators on the union board, and they're the same 20 or so all of the time.

We have a new union referendum that will make the union stifling as anything management is accused of being, once it has been completely built.

Yeah, I know we're supposed to love the union. Do we really need a dues increase when they they just got one with our pay increase?

Okay, so Flight Options has a union...or does it? Who's really behind this union institution at Flight Options, or all of the strings being pulled the IBT 1108 Columbus office?

I voted no!

I would ask you what things have improved. Nothing has improved, that is unless you call staying in Radisson's, Super 8's and other hotels of the like means getting better. The crew meal situation has gone down hill. Duty days are longer, crew rot. There has not been one improvement that has occurred since the vote.

So I would like to see your lists of improvements. I can bet that it is small and not even one word.

Pilots are so Frigging Ignorant:

I sometimes can't believe I call myself one.

Until YOU, the Flight Options Pilot, together with YOUR BROTHERS and SISTERS, turn up the Heat on Management by grinding this place to a halt, there will be No Good Faith Negotiating by Management.

YOU want a Contract YOU can be Proud of? Go out there and convince YOUR Brothers and Sisters to get on the Team and cause Managment some Financial Pain. Its the ONLY language they understand.

Why do whinny Pilots always sit around waiting for someone else to do the Dirty Work for them. Get YOUR HANDS DIRTY, and GET IN THE FIGHT!

As one of YOUR BROTHERS, I cannot do it alone. We need YOUR HELP.

Freedom is NOT Free.

I voted no!

Good, cognitive post, Hawkered.

GV

Obviously, Hawkered felt that it was worth repeating. But I can't help but notice the imagery of the original is now missing.

Hawk, are you in hopes that the lite version will help your post/point to stick? Even if I didn't agree with your post the first time, I still supported your right to comment on recent affairs.

I voted no!

I consider Union Dues the best dollars spent every month. And they are tax deductible!

But I think the answer to your question is that since we are a democratic organization .. if the majority vote for dues increase ... you need to pay. Thats the reason.

If the majority vote no... then you don't have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back