• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The End of USAPA is finally upon us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA and their scumbag cheerleaders can rot in hell for all I care. Anybody spewing their BS, crying about "fairness" can go cry to mommy. It will be my pleasure for the rest of my career when one of my formerly East AFO's complains to be about the nic, I will look to my right and squarely...with a smile...tell him or her to go FK themselves.

My version of effective East-centric CRM

Maybe I'll bid CLT Capt just to enjoy the moment that many more times. HA!

"Historically second rate"???

As a paying passenger a decade ago I would have DAMN sure rather ridden on ANY AWA plane before riding on a USAir POS. And I have friends on the East side.

As a paying passenger now, commuting to work, I literally BEG our travel department to NOT put me on LCC. Ever. The East ruined a pretty decent airline out west and I curse Parker for doing it and not letting the East die as it surely would have.

Puff, your last post indicates quite clearly that you have been PUFFING more than you've been driving.

Frankly, you're either delusional or overdue for a pee test.

Whether the east is/was/will be a great airline is completely irrelevant. It is where the money is, which is why Doug Parker wanted it, and east management got a deal financed. FWIW, I agree that USairways is a substandard airline, and it just goes to show that when you treat your employees like crap, you will get the same from them. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with pilots and is irrelevant. Second tier and crap desert airline referred to the compensation package attained at AWA. They have never had any kind of decent compensation/retirement.

There is a mistake here that there is anger on my part. There isn't. It is a board to discuss ideas. I submit that if USAIR gets the short end of the stick with American, these same guys would want USAPA to fight tooth and nail for their seniority. If they say they wouldn't, they are lying.

Gotta go to work. Good luck y'all.

I can see now the only person you're trying to convince is yourself. Good luck with that.I'm so sorry you were terminated from TWA. Don'tcha think it's time to get over the sour grapes?

I guess when you run out of retorts, you resort to red herrings. No matter, your retorts weren't worth the screen they were typed on. Sorry to disappoint, but saw the writing in the wall with TWA and got out early.

Good try though. I gotta go to work. Good luck with your lawsuits. I agree that ALPA failed in representation. They also failed the USAIR pilots. Interesting, huh?

Whether the east is/was/will be a great airline is completely irrelevant. It is where the money is, which is why Doug Parker wanted it, and east management got a deal financed.

Agreed.....mergers are primarily about a handful of individuals/financial institutions who see an opportunity to make money in a deal. Fleets, hubs, employees, "building a great airline", etc.....fodder for speeches to unions, congress and civic groups & little else. We deal with the fallout long after they take their money & move on to the next deal.

Puff, go to group at the VA or watch some Dr.Phil and stop hating the world...

P.S.- calling AAA going thru a rough patch is like saying the Titanic took on some water...

Hahahah!

AAA was a ship running aground for 20+ years looking for water.

Is it fair that pilot promotions and pay raises are not based on distinctions of skill? Isn't skill a fair way?

I throw out the "skill" question as a red herring. Fact is distinctions of skill don't matter much in this industry (what difference does it make if one pilot gets a 95% on their ATP written and another gets 100%?)

We can't compete to win a better piloting job by promising to fly better than the next guy... So the only way to compete against other pilots is to fly the same for less money...

The whole idea of a union is to prevent pilots from competing/undercutting each other.

DOH is the objective mechanism to keep all pilots unified so that management can't divide them to cut each others throat to fly for less. DOH prevents cannibalistic competition among pilots, but human nature craves a free steak. So yeah DOH is vital to the industry but their are plenty of people that can't resist trying to get something at his neighbor's detriment.

Wrong, doh is a part but no way fair as a sole source. It equates the merging airlines. Completely ignorant. So if Delta merged with a smaller company like Alaska, they get doh and the senior alaska pilots get to instantly be 747 or 777 captains? Or what twenty year fences? Or thier senior fo's get to now take wide body captain jobs that they never had a chance to before Delta pilots with DOH later than them? This is just examples but could apply anywhere. A mixture of DOH, airline size, a/c and career expectations of both airlines need to be considered.

USAPA and their scumbag cheerleaders can rot in hell for all I care. Anybody spewing their BS, crying about "fairness" can go cry to mommy. It will be my pleasure for the rest of my career when one of my formerly East AFO's complains to be about the nic, I will look to my right and squarely...with a smile...tell him or her to go FK themselves.

My version of effective East-centric CRM

Maybe I'll bid CLT Capt just to enjoy the moment that many more times. HA!

I'm sure the #2 engine will be quite intimidated.

"Historically second rate"???

As a paying passenger a decade ago I would have DAMN sure rather ridden on ANY AWA plane before riding on a USAir POS. And I have friends on the East side.

As a paying passenger now, commuting to work, I literally BEG our travel department to NOT put me on LCC. Ever. The East ruined a pretty decent airline out west and I curse Parker for doing it and not letting the East die as it surely would have...

Amen!! Getting stuck on LCC is a train wreck.

Wrong, doh is a part but no way fair as a sole source. It equates the merging airlines. Completely ignorant. So if Delta merged with a smaller company like Alaska, they get doh and the senior alaska pilots get to instantly be 747 or 777 captains? Or what twenty year fences? Or thier senior fo's get to now take wide body captain jobs that they never had a chance to before Delta pilots with DOH later than them? This is just examples but could apply anywhere. A mixture of DOH, airline size, a/c and career expectations of both airlines need to be considered.

DOH is objective. Subjective criteria for pilot compensation lends itself to pilot disunity and provides management with a wedge to exploit.

Arguing about the criteria is pointless. The real issue is whether pilots should unify around objective criteria for their compensation or whether they should instead splinter around subjective criteria in hopes of a windfall at their neighbor's expense.

But frankly, underpinning all this is the reality that pilot nature on the most part is such that they will all secretly look out for their own interests to the exclusion of the profession, and whatever definition of pilot seniority best fits at the time will be their mantra.

P.S. I didn't mention anything about mergers. :D

Frankly Turtle, underpinning all this is that certain groups have no integrity, and signing a document and agreeing to one thing means.....NOTHING. Zero integrity. You must always check both hands when giving a handshake to an Eastie, the other hand might have "fingers crossed."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back