• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The End of USAPA is finally upon us

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At best you are only partially correct. We had similar dates of hire AND similar equipment and complementary route structures.

We also had--believe it or not--union leadership that was committed to making sure that the newer combined entity moved forward and emerged stronger than the two smaller ones before. You can't do that when one side refused to honor an agreed-upon process, thereby triggering lawsuits from the other.

Since every merger is its own unique entity, you can never say that any two mergers should be considered equally. DOH should only be one small consideration among many, for any merger, ever.

You can't even keep your pie hole shut about matters that aren't even you business, and you criticize pilots for speaking up for themselves in matters that are their business. :D

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :) If we accept subjective criteria to differentiate pilot seniority then we necessarily accept that pilots will fight. Duh. And then pilots fight about pilots fighting. :D

USAPA and their scumbag cheerleaders can rot in hell for all I care. Anybody spewing their BS, crying about "fairness" can go cry to mommy. It will be my pleasure for the rest of my career when one of my formerly East AFO's complains to be about the nic, I will look to my right and squarely...with a smile...tell him or her to go FK themselves.

My version of effective East-centric CRM

Maybe I'll bid CLT Capt just to enjoy the moment that many more times. HA!

Oh c'mon future Captain Becket

Please come to clt and do that!
Or maybe after that u can bid DFW Captain and fly with all those AA f / o's and tell them how first u saved the East and then you saved the ALAMO.

I am quite sure that the seniority will work out for you to do both. Good luck

Metrojet

I do NOT accept that as a fact. You're just trying to rationalize bad behavior.

Ok, you don't accept reality. Everyone justifies what they are doing. If you oppose it then you call it naughty behavior and if you support it you call it righteous. Whatever.

My reality is a jury trial that found USAPA guilty of egregiously violating their DFR. I have no idea where your reality is but it isn't on this planet.

At best you are only partially correct. We had similar dates of hire AND similar equipment and complementary route structures.

We also had--believe it or not--union leadership that was committed to making sure that the newer combined entity moved forward and emerged stronger than the two smaller ones before. You can't do that when one side refused to honor an agreed-upon process, thereby triggering lawsuits from the other.

Since every merger is its own unique entity, you can never say that any two mergers should be considered equally. DOH should only be one small consideration among many, for any merger, ever.

At best you're a *************************g idiot.

My point was that the similarities at DAL and NWA made for a little cream puff SLI.

I run across pilots from all airlines and they are all pretty much the same. DAL pilots aren't any better. Maybe more so to the tightass side of the scale, but that's about the only difference. Don't give me this "our leadership crap" you cool aid drinker.

My reality is a jury trial that found USAPA guilty of egregiously violating their DFR. I have no idea where your reality is but it isn't on this planet.

What jury? :D

Oh yeah the righteous jury that was led on a goose chase by a naughty judge that didn't have any business meddling.

And yeah PHX is its own planet. :D

What jury? :D

Oh yeah the righteous jury that was led on a goose chase by a naughty judge that didn't have any business meddling.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Hey, next time, don't sign up for BINDING arbitration if you aren't going to accept the award. You like to blame other people, like the judge for "meddling" (??), when it could have been solved had your group just kept it's word. You agree to something, you follow it. Your group has ZERO integrity.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Tell that to the carolina judge that sent USAPA packing too.

And yet you still support USAPA's wasting money. Call it Weasel Bucks (and the count is what $20 million so far?).

Now Hummel sends out a slick brochure to tell you about the retro and signing bonus that will be delayed or denied by their childish antics.

They brag about the $16 Billion in added benefits from the MOU, but they fail to tell you how much they've cost everyone over and above the Weasel Bucks.

At best you're a *************************g idiot.

My point was that the similarities at DAL and NWA made for a little cream puff SLI.

I run across pilots from all airlines and they are all pretty much the same. DAL pilots aren't any better. Maybe more so to the tightass side of the scale, but that's about the only difference. Don't give me this "our leadership crap" you cool aid drinker.

Nice attitude. Hey, if you think and desire that pilots should always dwell in bitterness and bile for their entire careers, always muttering how they got screwed by the merger, everything is always someone else's fault, etc, rock on. If you are bound and determined to be a miserable ******************************bag, no one is going to be able to stop you.

The DAL pilots are not inherently better or worse than any other group. We did take a better and more "enlightened" approach to our DAL/NWA merger than any other prior group has, and we have benefited from that. Rather than be reactive and angry, we were proactive, secured real benefits, and were an integral part of a fairly good process. It was not just similar demographics that established a good end result. We were an instrumental part of a good end result due to our proactive "think outside the tired old box and try something different for once" attitude. I know that fact drives you berzerk (for some reason, don't know why), but that is a fact.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back