The end of jumpseating?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

relief tube

Please, someone disprove the rumor that a couple carriers that have CASS will soon not be allowing non-CASS airlines from JSing, even in the back.

Heard that NW and DL, maybee others, as of August will not allow JSers in the back from airlines that don't have CASS.

I'm just assuming that the majority of the regionals are CASS-less, so this would pose a problem.

Hope this isn't the least bit true, but if so, kinda ironic that the thing that should be making JSing easier is actually taking away the oportunity.

Any words heard?

I don't think that is true at DL. By the way, we supposedly start CASS today, on the 26th of July.

Bye Bye--General Lee

relief tube said:
Please, someone disprove the rumor that a couple carriers that have CASS will soon not be allowing non-CASS airlines from JSing, even in the back.

Heard that NW and DL, maybee others, as of August will not allow JSers in the back from airlines that don't have CASS.

I'm just assuming that the majority of the regionals are CASS-less, so this would pose a problem.

Hope this isn't the least bit true, but if so, kinda ironic that the thing that should be making JSing easier is actually taking away the oportunity.

Any words heard?

I dont see that happening. To many pilots commute.

MVSW said:
I dont see that happening. To many pilots commute.

Agreed. This rumor is baseless. Many mainline pilots commute to work on regionals. If the mainline CASS carriers started denying non-CASS regionals, the regionals would reciprocate.

relief tube said:

Any words heard?

Whew... good thing I'm in CASS then.....

The rest of you better pony up......

JetSpeed219 said:
and just so I'm sure, what is CASS???

Jumpseating in the cockpit again, like pre-911. Now you need a company that has proof of employment in the computer, plus a few other things. If the pilot has everything and there is no seat open in the back, the pilot can sit in the cockpit. Verification of employment is what took so long, and some airlines, like DL, have taken longer than others.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am with colgan and express jet left me at the gate the other day. Said my company needs to be CASS. Watched the airplane push out. Never got to speak to the captain, only the gate agent. It was getting close to push time and I didn't want to delay anything. So according to my experience this thread has some truth, unless the gate agent was misinformed?

Latest resources

Back