• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Costa Citationair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLOPs won't own anyone. DAC only owns FLOPS. DAC and "investors" will own Flexjet LLC.

Take a look at Ricci's letter that someone posted and pay attention to how he is determined to take care of his loyal Flight Options "family" and to fulfill the promises he made to the Flight Options pilots who helped him get to where he is today.

Kenn hand picked many of the senior pilots at FO and middle managers who have been with him since his Corporate Wings days. I can't see him giving the Flex guys a better deal then his boys.

Plus if you knew how The DAC companies work together you would realize that the lines are blurred. Just ask some of the mechanics who are playing musical chairs with Flight Options, Nextant and Constant. You will then realize that we are not really different companies but just one big "family".

Speaking of the mechanics: Can’t count how many times these guys have had the rug pulled out from underneath them – during Shrinking and King Ricci’s reigns. Between the downsizing, management changes, company changes, location emphasis changes, whole shop’s closing, then opening, a/c scheduling rules, abandoned a/c scheduling rules – the list goes on and on. Those guys have been jerked around and hung out to dry every 6 to 8 months. Is that how ya treat ‘family’?

Take a look at Ricci's letter that someone posted and pay attention to how he is determined to take care of his loyal Flight Options "family" and to fulfill the promises he made to the Flight Options pilots who helped him get to where he is today.

Kenn hand picked many of the senior pilots at FO and middle managers who have been with him since his Corporate Wings days. I can't see him giving the Flex guys a better deal then his boys.

Plus if you knew how The DAC companies work together you would realize that the lines are blurred. Just ask some of the mechanics who are playing musical chairs with Flight Options, Nextant and Constant. You will then realize that we are not really different companies but just one big "family".

He's been so determined to take care of his family that he hasn't restored the 6% 401K match, even though every other DAC company has a match now. And doing this hurt every FO employee, not just the union he so dislikes. Think your cart blanche for crew meals makes up for the 6% (+ tax free) cut in your compensation?

CA folks, hope you get enough contract pay and severance to make up for the early exit from the market, but with Textron's change of heart it was eventually coming anyway. You're not missing anything by not joining the most dysfunctional 'family' in corporate aviation. Looks like hiring is finally picking up in the rest of the industry, too.

Flex pilots, welcome to la famiglia, you lucky, lucky baastads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI

Last edited:
Speaking of the mechanics: Can?t count how many times these guys have had the rug pulled out from underneath them ? during Shrinking and King Ricci?s reigns. Between the downsizing, management changes, company changes, location emphasis changes, whole shop?s closing, then opening, a/c scheduling rules, abandoned a/c scheduling rules ? the list goes on and on. Those guys have been jerked around and hung out to dry every 6 to 8 months. Is that how ya treat ?family??

And ask any of the old timers about the quarterly dispatch availabilty bonus offered during the first KR regime, which not only encouraged pencil whipping, but was a moving target that they could never quite catch. Almost made it this quarter, try again. Oh, it's 1% higher now. Thanks for playin'.

Sign the Petition? Naaww, I’ll see what the union lawyers work out. The list’s a who’s who of anti-union stiffs, at least three drunks, & a middle manager we call ‘Inlet Plug’. You signers ‘ve been played - I consort with a classier sort of cretin.

He's been so determined to take care of his family that he hasn't restored the 6% 401K match, even though every other DAC company has a match now. And doing this hurt every FO employee, not just the union he so dislikes. Think your cart blanche for crew meals makes up for the 6% (+ tax free) cut in your compensation?

Flex pilots, welcome to 'la famiglia,' you lucky, lucky baastads

]

Don't forget there are ways you take care of your "family" members when they get out of line.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LlQCW02Tbxc

I don't have an attitude problem. Just ask anyone I've flown with over the past 15 years and I'm sure they'd tell you otherwise. As far as being a management stooge, that would be laughable to anyone who knows me as well. I just get tired of being told that if I'm not in a union then I'm not not worthy to be in the profession. My post was to simply point out that a union isn't always required for a company and it's employees to prosper. I've paid my share of union dues at previous jobs and I've always said that a "union is needed where it's needed." So far, I'm 0-2 with a union job and 1-0 without. If things start going downhill here, then yeah, let's organize and fight it. I realize that Fight Info is a mostly pro-union forum and to speak up otherwise is calling down the thunder. Like your unwarranted personal attack on me.

I agree a 110% a union is not always needed. It is not needed when you have a management with moral integrity..that is far from the case here.. I am far from pro-union.. But this company needs a union like a car needs a steering wheel ...they are gonna walk all over you guys, strip you down to nothing all while telling you how good you have it to be working here..you will see..and you will learn you guys have no idea what your in for

I agree a 110% a union is not always needed. It is not needed when you have a management with moral integrity..that is far from the case here.. I am far from pro-union.. But this company needs a union like a car needs a steering wheel ...they are gonna walk all over you guys, strip you down to nothing all while telling you how good you have it to be working here..you will see..and you will learn you guys have no idea what your in for

I hope you're wrong but I'll take my chances without a union for now. I'll decide for sure where I stand when we find out what our pay/benefits package looks like in the coming weeks. From where I stand, it doesn't look like the union thing is working out too well at FO and CA. It wasn't all it was advertised to be at the last two regionals I worked at, either.

I hope you're wrong but I'll take my chances without a union for now. I'll decide for sure where I stand when we find out what our pay/benefits package looks like in the coming weeks. From where I stand, it doesn't look like the union thing is working out too well at FO and CA. It wasn't all it was advertised to be at the last two regionals I worked at, either.

Yes you're right, things did not work out too well at CA precisely because too many pilots decided like you to take their chances...by the time they woke up it was almost too late...in other words too little too late. It's amazing that this lesson just does not seem to sink in no matter how many times it plays out in the industry.

You do realize that DAC is doing all the screwing while you duck and watch, hoping it will pass you buy. You can't realistically believe that all will be fine as long as you smile and make cooing sounds towards your new master?

Off course since you are a Union expert from your Regional experiences you would "know" different...:erm::0

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back