Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Comair strike, another perspective..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sig:

You are the master at quotes - I need to figure out how to do that.

You write that middle managers at ASA don't hold their Delta seniority. WOW, thanks for throwing me that softball. Actually most of our middle manager's ID's reflect seniority that was YEARS before ASA was even founded. We make a big deal about Skip Barnette not giving up his Delta perks, including retirement, while he preaches to us that we do not need retirement.

Further the other air carriers you mentioned are not insured under DAL's policy (as ASA and Comair are) and the financing is quite different. Neither Skywest, nor ACA, report their results under DAL's ticker - as you know ASA and Comairs results are not published separately.

However, I believe it is to your detriement that you choose to develop differences, instead of common ground. The point of my post is that my CRJ is competition to your MD88. Your point that ACA and Skywest are competition to my RJ is very true and well taken.

What we need to do is bring all pilots performing Delta flying together. Such a movement would have to start with the DAL MEC since you guys are the 900 lb gorilla. The problem is that DALPA would rather try to control the threat externally through illegal scope, than they would control the competition by putting us on one list.

Once a onelist push started, Skywest would organize under ALPA quickly rather than be left out in the cold.

My 2 cents (although it means nothing) would be DOH for the Connection guys then staple that on the bottom of the DAL list, with darn good base and seat protections. Initially this could be cost neutral to Delta since we would continue working under our current agreements until C2K comes up for re-negotiation.

As far as a money grabbing lawsuit - the issue has never been money. Actual damages are in excess of $600,000,000.00 according to the University of Cincinnatti's economics department. However, the Comair plaintiffs have agreed to waive all damages, if ALPA will obey the Constitution and Bylaws and waive the predatory scope they imposed on Connection pilots.

It took fourteen years for the Pan Am plaintiffs to get their money out of ALPA - we just want our career expectations restored - the monetary component is only there to force ALPA to act in good faith.

As you know I do not make much money, but I send the RJDC every extra penny. Why? Because ALPA is very powerful and no matter where I fly at ALPA has a lot of control over my career. It benefits both of us for ALPA to follow its Constitution and Bylaws, as well as the laws of our nation.

The RJDC is not trying to destroy ALPA, rather, they are the only force working to repair the union and bring pilots together.

Regards,
~~~^~~~~

You are the master at quotes - I need to figure out how to do that.

Put the word "quote" in brackets [ ] prior to the part you want to quote and after the part you want to quote put "/quote" in brackets as well....

More debate later.... got family over so my computer time is limited ;)

You mean like this?
Put the word "quote" in brackets [ ] prior to the part you want to quote and after the part you want to quote put "/quote" in brackets as well....

I think I get it now. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back