• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks United! Southwest increases Love Departures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no point in debating with Flop. I have been waiting for years to see this suppose schedule his says happened between Houston and Cleveland. Flights every hour that kicked our butts. As a former Continental Pilot ( thank God I left) I know this schedule never happened. But Flop insist that it did. But....HAS NEVER PRODUCED A SCHEDULE TO PROVE THIS SUPPOSE FACT. So my point. Don't argue with the village idiot.

There is no point in debating with Flop. I have been waiting for years to see this suppose schedule his says happened between Houston and Cleveland. Flights every hour that kicked our butts. As a former Continental Pilot ( thank God I left) I know this schedule never happened. But Flop insist that it did. But....HAS NEVER PRODUCED A SCHEDULE TO PROVE THIS SUPPOSE FACT. So my point. Don't argue with the village idiot.

This^^^^^

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

And, for the record, I guess I'm "doing the work" because my next layover is south of the border.

Good! Now do that for about a decade, then see if that doesn't change your worldview a bit. Pay close attention to other airlines in these other countries. See if you find another that's come up like yours did. It will be a good thing. It may even make you more proud of your airline. Personally, I don't imagine how it could.

I maybe don't have the html skills... I know I don't have as much time. (OR the SWA pathological need to feel like I'm special) But there are certain things that are hard to find on the internet. Here's an example: I see thousands of images of Patriots' Butler picking off Russell Wilson to win the Super Bowl. I can't find ONE of him tripping Seahawks Lockette one series earlier. But it sure as he'll happened, and it changed the game.

Look, call it what you will but if you seriously think that this doesn't happen SYSTEM wide your naive beyond belief.

Call it what I will?

Okay, I'll call it this: you made statements about Southwest at both Dallas Love and Houston Hobby that were absolutely, positively wrong. And like Flop, of course, you're purposely vague, and cannot show a single fact, nor document a single bit of your anti-SWA drivel in that post.

Lemme guess: like Flop, you also somehow believe one or more of these absurd things about that the Wright Amendment; stupid crap that I've actually heard claimed multiple times on Flight Info (primarily by Flop, of course):
- that it was some sort of "compromise" that SWA entered into to settle a dispute over where airlines could fly to/from in the Dallas area.
- that SWA "signed" or even helped "negotiate" the agreement to signify our assent.
- that the WA somehow "helped" or "protected" Southwest, or even that it was "the only reason Southwest was successful."

Tell me the truth, Driver--do you believe this crap too?

Bubba

Good! Now do that for about a decade, then see if that doesn't change your worldview a bit. Pay close attention to other airlines in these other countries. See if you find another that's come up like yours did. It will be a good thing. It may even make you more proud of your airline. Personally, I don't imagine how it could.
I've already done it for the better part of a decade so please patronize someone else.

Last edited:
A good link to the court case

http://www.leagle.com/decision/1977...THWEST AIRLINES CO. v. TEXAS INTERN. AIRLINES

If this happened again, It wouldn't end up like this has.

What could possibly make you think it would turn out any different. It was litigated and re-litigated multiple times with the same result. The court was extremely adamant in its decision.

This is the eighth time in three years that a federal court has refused to support the eviction of Southwest Airlines from Love Field. Precisely worded holdings and deference to state authorities by the federal judiciary have only generated more suits, appeals, and petitions for rethearings. Once again, we repeat, Southwest Airlines Co. has a federally declared right to the continued use of and access to Love Field, so long as Love Field remains open. The narrowly drawn preliminary injunction of the district court correctly protects that right. It does so without violating principles of federalism, the federal law of res judicata, or the dictates of due process.
The judgment of the district court is
AFFIRMED.

Last edited:
It's clear that SWA was sharp shooting the situation. If you want agreement that SWA eventually had the right to use Love Field, then you also must agree that the disenfranchised parties had every right to produce the Wright Amendment. And that in fact the actual restrictions were generous! The eventual repeal was generous! This was not eyes-wide-open for the two Cities or for the 8 CAB airlines, or the CAB and TAC.

Last edited:
It's clear that SWA was sharp shooting the situation. If you want agreement that SWA eventually had the right to use Love Field, then you also must agree that the disenfranchised parties had every right to produce the Wright Amendment. And that in fact the actual restrictions were generous! The eventual repeal was generous! This was not eyes-wide-open for the two Cities or for the 8 CAB airlines, or the CAB and TAC.

Excuse me?

Who exactly was "disenfranchised"? The airlines who wanted to, and agreed to move to a larger airport built specifically to allow for their expansion? Them? The same airlines who later went back to Love Field to fly as they pleased, and then left because they didn't want to fly there? Those guys, Flop?

Southwest's right to fly anywhere in the country, according to then-current laws, regulations, and the Airline Deregulation Act was affirmed multiple times by every court in the land, including the US Supreme Court, in response to one frivolous legal attack after another. Southwest had plans to do exactly that.

Then the legacies then got their stooge, Speaker Wright, to change the law specifically to screw Southwest at Love Field. It specifically enjoined Southwest from ever flying from DAL anywhere outside of Texas, other than the few places they already flew. EVER. Wow, Flop, the WA sure was "generous" to Southwest. It permanently took away Southwest's rights.

The only entities that the WA was actually "generous" to was the legacies at DFW, who subsequently were relieved from having to compete with Southwest in Dallas. Hence, statistically higher airfares to/from Dallas than other city pairs, and more profits for them.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back