• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

thanks for caring, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“…"Iraq", came the reply. The Captain turned to the Flight Attendant and said, "anything these guys want, it is on me, better yet, stick them in first class...”

- Yes – Delta crew, great job indeed!

Three weeks ago, as I was buying a cop of coffee at the “C” concourse in ATL, the owner of the shop told me about a “pilot in brown uniform” who paid the bill for 4 military guys (who were in line behind him) who had just gotten back from Iraq earlier that day. As they were saying Thanks a lot, we appreciate it,” he shook their hands and said “No, thank YOU, we appreciate YOU!”

Kudos to the UPS pilot who did that (I assume he was UPS jumpseater – brown uniform?) I think it was a great gesture and I wish I was there; I’d have loved to split the bill with him. But I promised myself next time I see military personnel in line, I’ll try to do the same, a very small price to pay for their sacrifices.

av80r

Im shedding that patriotic tear with ya, for buying them a cup of farkin' coffee...

Now wake up.

lets get them a plan to bring them home. That would be a little more patriotic.

Regardeless of your political background, our guys/girls deserve better than they are getting.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Im shedding that patriotic tear with ya, for buying them a cup of farkin' coffee...

Now wake up.

lets get them a plan to bring them home. That would be a little more patriotic.

Regardeless of your political background, our guys/girls deserve better than they are getting.

How about you get on your congressman's ass and make that happen.

Until then I bet the guys actually doing the job that your elected representatives sent them to do would appreciate a cup of coffee and a thank you.

YGBSM said:
How about you get on your congressman's ass and make that happen.

Until then I bet the guys actually doing the job that your elected representatives sent them to do would appreciate a cup of coffee and a thank you.

You are right, we all should.
We all voted for war (or at least our elected officals did)
But whats the plan here Mr President? You may have gotten some bad info but you had NO FARKIN plan for this wars end. Rumsfeld should be taken out and shot. Powell just jumped ship - he knows this turned into a farce. GW is left to hang, its not fair - but he's the boss, the CEO. Wipe off that deer in the headlights look and come up with some answers - our boys deserve it.

Maybe in 15 years when we give up trying to "free Iraqies", eat our 500 Billion dollar loss, and bury our 10,000 boys and girls we can all buy the Administration a cup of farkin coffee and say thanks...yeah.

As a concerned taxpayer, a US citizen (and a Republican) I demand a little more from our elected officials.

Yes, I "Thank our boys" but they deserve a little more than our patriotic Thanks - they deserve real leadership from thier Commander in Chief.

Last edited:
It's Delta's policy to ugrade servicemembers if there are seats available. The gate agents are pretty good about this but sometimes they get behind and forget. I always look in first class to see if there are empty seats then look for military guys and gals if there are some available.

Gulfstream 200 said:
You are right, we all should.
We all voted for war (or at least our elected officals did)
But whats the plan here Mr President? You may have gotten some bad info but you had NO FARKIN plan for this wars end. Rumsfeld should be taken out and shot. Powell just jumped ship - he knows this turned into a farce. GW is left to hang, its not fair - but he's the boss, the CEO. Wipe off that deer in the headlights look and come up with some answers - our boys deserve it.

Maybe in 15 years when we give up trying to "free Iraqies", eat our 500 Billion dollar loss, and bury our 10,000 boys and girls we can all buy the Administration a cup of farkin coffee and say thanks...yeah.

As a concerned taxpayer, a US citizen (and a Republican) I demand a little more from our elected officials.

Yes, I "Thank our boys" but they deserve a little more than our patriotic Thanks - they deserve real leadership from thier Commander in Chief.

That's all great, but it's not quite what he was talking about, is it? By the way, you don't have to call me Mr. President.

How about treating the guys well when you have the chance to AND getting off your fat ass and talking to your congressman? It's two totally different things, last time I checked.

Any other digressions?

YGBSM said:
That's all great, but it's not quite what he was talking about, is it? By the way, you don't have to call me Mr. President.

How about treating the guys well when you have the chance to AND getting off your fat ass and talking to your congressman? It's two totally different things, last time I checked.

Any other digressions?

Trust me ace, I was not call you Mr Pres...
Most of the conversation went right over your head - but thats OK.

Treat em well? yeah, that cup of coffee goes a long way you idiot.

How about a plan to get them home?. I shouldnt have to write to farkin anyone to get that. Thats a bit better than your $1.50 cup a joe.

Where's the leadership in the armed services?? starting right at #1 there is none.

What a shame. Thanks to all the good men and women. Id buy you coffee, beer, a meal, be happy to see you in First Class.....but Id rather see you home instead of "freeing Iraqies".

Latest resources

Back