• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

thanks for caring, Delta

fogrunner

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Posts
321
Total Time
8000+
I want to commend the crew of DL 1114 on the morning of the 15th out of JFK.

I was sitting in the back about 15 mins prior to push back, when the Capt came into coach and was chit chatting with the passengers. He noticed 3 US army guys and asked them where they were going? "Iraq", came the reply. The Captain turned to the Flight Attendant and said, "anything these guys want, it is on me, better yet, stick them in first class.

It was great to see. These guys could not have been more than 20. I wish them well and pray they return home safely.

To the Delta crew, thanks for caring.
 

CoolHands

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 13, 2003
Posts
53
Total Time
2000+
Thanks for posting that. It's nice to hear about some positive stories in aviation once in a while:) Kudos to the captain!
 

BlackPilot628

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Posts
816
Total Time
5000+
Yeah. Great job Capt and thanks for the post fog!

God Bless those guys and everyone else fighting for our country.
 

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
474
Total Time
6500TT
There are still A LOT of class act pilots out there today sucking it up and providing great customer service despite all the pay and benefit reductions (AKA bankruptcy). This was a classy way to say thank you to some of our troops.

I was never in the military and have a great deal of respect for those that are serving/have served our country. The first round is always on me, cheers!
 
F

flyaway

Delta Can Blow Me


***********************************************************
***********************************************************
Hi!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm UAL78 and I'm one of the Moderators on this Board. It's my volunteer job to keep the Board within the loose confines of civility, propriety, and professionalism. I've been doing it for a few years now and was a very prolific contributor before that.

As I read your post and wondering if it took you a long time to collect your thoughts regarding it, I got the impression that it didn't really do anything to contribute to the general overall discussion or entertainment for the members and guests who read it.

Since envoking any administrative action by a moderator involves considering many things regarding the poster, here's my take:

You were bold enough to blurt something out, even though your profile says this is your second post you haven't invested a lot of time and effort contributing to the Board. Why don't we just part as friends and skip the inevitable "dance" of having to send private messages to you about your future posts and ask you to play nicely. I'll save us all some time and just toss you out for good now.

UAL78
Moderator
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
the cheap Captain just didnt want to buy the drinks, hence the First Class offer.

;) .

since when is there First Class seats open?

if its true, its the least those guys could get!
 

Tomct

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Posts
2,062
Total Time
11000+
:mad: :rolleyes: Leave it to a Jack Ass to make a cheap comment about something done with class!

DkWeed!
 

dtfl

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Posts
676
Total Time
4000+
Delta Can Blow Me

the cheap Captain just didnt want to buy the drinks, hence the First Class offer.

.

since when is there First Class seats open?

if its true, its the least those guys could get!

TYPICAL for this board. Someone posts something of a good nature and some *ssholes have to throw in their ignorant comments.
Nice going.
 

TexaSWA

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Posts
389
Total Time
-

AV80R

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Posts
1,205
Total Time
5,000+
“…"Iraq", came the reply. The Captain turned to the Flight Attendant and said, "anything these guys want, it is on me, better yet, stick them in first class...”



- Yes – Delta crew, great job indeed!



Three weeks ago, as I was buying a cop of coffee at the “C” concourse in ATL, the owner of the shop told me about a “pilot in brown uniform” who paid the bill for 4 military guys (who were in line behind him) who had just gotten back from Iraq earlier that day. As they were saying Thanks a lot, we appreciate it,” he shook their hands and said “No, thank YOU, we appreciate YOU!”



Kudos to the UPS pilot who did that (I assume he was UPS jumpseater – brown uniform?) I think it was a great gesture and I wish I was there; I’d have loved to split the bill with him. But I promised myself next time I see military personnel in line, I’ll try to do the same, a very small price to pay for their sacrifices.



av80r
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
Im shedding that patriotic tear with ya, for buying them a cup of farkin' coffee...

Now wake up.

lets get them a plan to bring them home. That would be a little more patriotic.

Regardeless of your political background, our guys/girls deserve better than they are getting.
 

YGBSM

Old flaccid member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Posts
123
Total Time
>0
Gulfstream 200 said:
Im shedding that patriotic tear with ya, for buying them a cup of farkin' coffee...

Now wake up.

lets get them a plan to bring them home. That would be a little more patriotic.

Regardeless of your political background, our guys/girls deserve better than they are getting.

How about you get on your congressman's ass and make that happen.

Until then I bet the guys actually doing the job that your elected representatives sent them to do would appreciate a cup of coffee and a thank you.
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
YGBSM said:
How about you get on your congressman's ass and make that happen.

Until then I bet the guys actually doing the job that your elected representatives sent them to do would appreciate a cup of coffee and a thank you.



You are right, we all should.
We all voted for war (or at least our elected officals did)
But whats the plan here Mr President? You may have gotten some bad info but you had NO FARKIN plan for this wars end. Rumsfeld should be taken out and shot. Powell just jumped ship - he knows this turned into a farce. GW is left to hang, its not fair - but he's the boss, the CEO. Wipe off that deer in the headlights look and come up with some answers - our boys deserve it.

Maybe in 15 years when we give up trying to "free Iraqies", eat our 500 Billion dollar loss, and bury our 10,000 boys and girls we can all buy the Administration a cup of farkin coffee and say thanks...yeah.

As a concerned taxpayer, a US citizen (and a Republican) I demand a little more from our elected officials.

Yes, I "Thank our boys" but they deserve a little more than our patriotic Thanks - they deserve real leadership from thier Commander in Chief.
 
Last edited:

DAL737FO

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Posts
389
Total Time
8000+
It's Delta's policy to ugrade servicemembers if there are seats available. The gate agents are pretty good about this but sometimes they get behind and forget. I always look in first class to see if there are empty seats then look for military guys and gals if there are some available.
 

YGBSM

Old flaccid member
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Posts
123
Total Time
>0
Gulfstream 200 said:
You are right, we all should.
We all voted for war (or at least our elected officals did)
But whats the plan here Mr President? You may have gotten some bad info but you had NO FARKIN plan for this wars end. Rumsfeld should be taken out and shot. Powell just jumped ship - he knows this turned into a farce. GW is left to hang, its not fair - but he's the boss, the CEO. Wipe off that deer in the headlights look and come up with some answers - our boys deserve it.

Maybe in 15 years when we give up trying to "free Iraqies", eat our 500 Billion dollar loss, and bury our 10,000 boys and girls we can all buy the Administration a cup of farkin coffee and say thanks...yeah.

As a concerned taxpayer, a US citizen (and a Republican) I demand a little more from our elected officials.

Yes, I "Thank our boys" but they deserve a little more than our patriotic Thanks - they deserve real leadership from thier Commander in Chief.

That's all great, but it's not quite what he was talking about, is it? By the way, you don't have to call me Mr. President.

How about treating the guys well when you have the chance to AND getting off your fat ass and talking to your congressman? It's two totally different things, last time I checked.

Any other digressions?
 

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
4,574
Total Time
18,550
YGBSM said:
That's all great, but it's not quite what he was talking about, is it? By the way, you don't have to call me Mr. President.

How about treating the guys well when you have the chance to AND getting off your fat ass and talking to your congressman? It's two totally different things, last time I checked.

Any other digressions?



Trust me ace, I was not call you Mr Pres...
Most of the conversation went right over your head - but thats OK.

Treat em well? yeah, that cup of coffee goes a long way you idiot.

How about a plan to get them home?. I shouldnt have to write to farkin anyone to get that. Thats a bit better than your $1.50 cup a joe.

Where's the leadership in the armed services?? starting right at #1 there is none.

What a shame. Thanks to all the good men and women. Id buy you coffee, beer, a meal, be happy to see you in First Class.....but Id rather see you home instead of "freeing Iraqies".
 
Top