• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

thanks for caring, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“Im shedding that patriotic tear with ya, for buying them a cup of farkin' coffee...

Now wake up. lets get them a plan to bring them home. That would be a little more patriotic. Regardeless of your political background, our guys/girls deserve better than they are getting.”

To Gulfstream 200-

Wow, I must say that’s a response I did not expect. After all, we were just “talking” about different ways of showing appreciation for the great job our troops are doing in Iraq. I understand you are totally against the Iraq war and you definitely let everyone know about it. I respect that but you must understand not everyone agrees with you.

Well, I for one truly believe this war was totally justified! I just wish the WMD were never mentioned because I think we should have completed the job during the first Gulf war, with or without the WMD. Of course, at the time we weren’t allowed to go all the way to Baghdad because we had to listen to our so called “friends:” the Germans, the French and the Russian. After all, the agreement reached in the UN applied to the liberation of Kuwait only – and not one step further! Well, today our troops are paying with their lives for our politicians’ mistake of listening to the Europeans.

I know you believe we are losing this war, I don’t! I realize it’s a very tough battle but I have no doubts our troops will prevail. I would like to remind you that after the liberation of Europe, the Nazis and Nazi collaborators fought a small guerilla war there until 1951. There were bridges blown up, trains derailed, people executed for “working with the enemy,” etc. all over Austria and Germany at the time.

Today, even though we may have MANY disagreements with the Germans they pose no threat to us; no one would ever expect Germany to attack the US (nor any other country for that matter.) I truly believe that in 5 or maybe 10 years the same will apply to Iraq.

You think out president is not doing a very good job leading our armed forces. Well, I am not a politician and frankly don’t know much about what makes a president good or bad. However, I am sure you must remember that not too long ago President Ronald Reagan was labeled as “war monger” by most liberals? Today, even many liberal European politicians (social-democrats) acknowledge his role in liberating the “other half” of Europe from the Soviet domination.

Is it possible that 5 years from now the war in Iraq will be considered the beginning of a successful transition to democracy in the entire Middle East? Why is democracy possible in Germany and Japan, but is considered a utopian dream for an Islamic society?

I firmly believe that our soldiers’ sacrifices today will create a better tomorrow. Our troops are liberating Iraq from Islamofascist domination and eventually it will lead to a more moderate, inclusive and a safer Middle East = World.

I know you, and many others, disagree with my views, and I respect that, but I hope you will still show our men and women in uniforms some respect and appreciation for their sacrifices. They need our support right now, NOT our arguments. Those should be directed to our politicians!

In summary = Kudos to the Delta & UPS pilots who showed their support for our troops!

Sorry about the lengthy reply, hope I kept you awake…:)

av80r

Last edited:
dispatcher121 said:
Exactly you don't have to agree with "the cause"...just show some respect for those who choose to make the sacrifice for our country.

Thats a given in my opinion. Anyone who shows disrespect to the people putting their lives on the line for our country should be beaten severely.

Let's not forget that we've been in or over or near Iraq through 3 presidents and for more than 14 years straight, now. Anyone who has been in the military (especially aircrew) for the last 10 years is THOROUGHLY familiar with that fact. Seems to me that this president is finally getting around to finishing up that long deployment. It may take a little longer to do the job right, and that's what matters to me. That those who sacrificed over there don't have to look back on a war and casualties that was all for naught (aka Vietnam). As for the length of the deployment, how long has that pesky Balkan situation been going on? The previous Pres. said that we would be out 1-yr from the Dayton accords (Nov '96) and I don't remember the outcry about missing that deadline. At least I couldn't hear any outcry while I was over there through most of the end of '95 and first half of '96. And when I came home, no one bought me any coffee. I'll say that any of those little gestures go a very long way to the individual soldiers, more than the rhetoric. Good on them. By the way, I fly on Delta monthly and the crew has rolled out the red carpet for the soldiers traveling on R&R on every single flight that I have been on (to include the PA announcement and applause just today). I've also noticed that once the FA's start talking and making a deal about the soldiers, the other passengers start talking with them, also.

I think it's great what these pilots did. It shows quite a bit of class on there parts. These young folks have no choice in where they go, the fact is they are over there and it's great to see some people who appreciate it. I applaud these pilots for showing the support and thanks to OUR troops!!!!

Hooray for Delta even if it is Co. Policy. Phooey on the rest of yall that want to hijack a great thread.

UAL78....WORD! and THANK YOU!

Thought for the day:

If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in the
Iraq theater of operations during the last 22 months, that gives a
firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000. The rate in Washington D.C. is
80.6 per 100,000. That means that you are 25% more likely to be shot and
killed in our Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun
control laws in the nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should immediately pull out of Washington, D.C

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back