thanks for caring, Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fogrunner

I want to commend the crew of DL 1114 on the morning of the 15th out of JFK.

I was sitting in the back about 15 mins prior to push back, when the Capt came into coach and was chit chatting with the passengers. He noticed 3 US army guys and asked them where they were going? "Iraq", came the reply. The Captain turned to the Flight Attendant and said, "anything these guys want, it is on me, better yet, stick them in first class.

It was great to see. These guys could not have been more than 20. I wish them well and pray they return home safely.

To the Delta crew, thanks for caring.

Thanks for posting that. It's nice to hear about some positive stories in aviation once in a while:) Kudos to the captain!

Yeah. Great job Capt and thanks for the post fog!

God Bless those guys and everyone else fighting for our country.

There are still A LOT of class act pilots out there today sucking it up and providing great customer service despite all the pay and benefit reductions (AKA bankruptcy). This was a classy way to say thank you to some of our troops.

I was never in the military and have a great deal of respect for those that are serving/have served our country. The first round is always on me, cheers!

Delta Can Blow Me

Hi!

I'd like to introduce myself. I'm UAL78 and I'm one of the Moderators on this Board. It's my volunteer job to keep the Board within the loose confines of civility, propriety, and professionalism. I've been doing it for a few years now and was a very prolific contributor before that.

As I read your post and wondering if it took you a long time to collect your thoughts regarding it, I got the impression that it didn't really do anything to contribute to the general overall discussion or entertainment for the members and guests who read it.

Since envoking any administrative action by a moderator involves considering many things regarding the poster, here's my take:

You were bold enough to blurt something out, even though your profile says this is your second post you haven't invested a lot of time and effort contributing to the Board. Why don't we just part as friends and skip the inevitable "dance" of having to send private messages to you about your future posts and ask you to play nicely. I'll save us all some time and just toss you out for good now.

UAL78

Last edited by a moderator:
the cheap Captain just didnt want to buy the drinks, hence the First Class offer.

;) .

since when is there First Class seats open?

if its true, its the least those guys could get!

:mad: :rolleyes: Leave it to a Jack Ass to make a cheap comment about something done with class!

DkWeed!

Delta Can Blow Me

the cheap Captain just didnt want to buy the drinks, hence the First Class offer.

since when is there First Class seats open?

if its true, its the least those guys could get!

TYPICAL for this board. Someone posts something of a good nature and some *ssholes have to throw in their ignorant comments.
Nice going.

Latest resources

Back