Thanks Blue Dudes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
800Dog said:
Too bad for the jb employees providing the great service.

I am sure that employee sleeps quite well at night. Perhaps you should try good will with no expectations...It is good for the soul.

Juice

bluejuice787 said:
I am sure that employee sleeps quite well at night. Perhaps you should try good will with no expectations...It is good for the soul.

Juice

Maybe we should all just work for free. We can help others travel for next to nothing and feel good about ourselves. Fair pay and benefits is also good for the soul. Give it a try.

G4G5 said:
Thanks again for taking such good care of my family and keep up the good work.

I heard a similar story from a AA pilot. He was going to non rev his family to the Bahamas, but the flights were full. So he reluctantly purchased tickets on JB. He was so impressed with JB, and the quality of service, that he was embarrased about his AA service.

G4G5....great to hear!! Im happy that your family was taken care of, that is what is suppose to happen. As to the 190 v 320....suprisingly, although they are both comfortable planes, I find the 190 to actually be more comfortable in the back then 320. I am a big guy, 6'3 and 270 and I have plenty of room on the 190. I think its because the seats are a bit bigger then the 320's and its 2 by 2. As for flying, was on the 320 for 20 months and now the 190....My butt hurts after a 2 hour flight on the 190, the 320 was good for 6 hours no problem. Its good to hear that we had a 320 ready for the flight.

800Dog said:
Maybe we should all just work for free. We can help others travel for next to nothing and feel good about ourselves. Fair pay and benefits is also good for the soul. Give it a try.

Not sure what pay and benefits has to do with doing the right thing? Would $20000 or $100000 a year more make me a better person?

No one owes you anything.

Juice

bluejuice787 said:
Not sure what pay and benefits has to do with doing the right thing? Would $20000 or $100000 a year more make me a better person?

No one owes you anything.

Juice

If I go to work for a company, that company owes me. It's called compensation. You are correct that money doesn't make you a better person. However, money is how we compensate people for the work they do in their jobs. It's how our economy works. Employees that get results and add more value to the company should be well compensated. This is only fair.

Beyond fairness, compensation drives the incentive to not only come to work, but to excel at what we do. It's the lifeblood of a free market. Money is an excellent motivator. Conversely hard work, not fairly compensated, is a great de-motivator.

Juvat said:
If I go to work for a company, that company owes me. It's called compensation. You are correct that money doesn't make you a better person. However, money is how we compensate people for the work they do in their jobs. It's how our economy works. Employees that get results and add more value to the company should be well compensated. This is only fair.

Beyond fairness, compensation drives the incentive to not only come to work, but to excel at what we do. It's the lifeblood of a free market. Money is an excellent motivator. Conversely hard work, not fairly compensated, is a great de-motivator.

Thankyou for that compensation lesson. From now on we over here at B6 will respond accordingly. "Miss, sorry but I can't help you...you'll have to find the gate on your own. I believe my company does not fairly compensate me for the job I do now, so any act of generosity on my part is no longer part of the package. Neither is smiling, giving directions, or offering a helping hand while you struggle with carry-ons, strollers, and two young children. Now if I was to get a few more dollars an hour...well now...that's a different story. Hope you make it to the gate miss...but truthfully, I really don't give a sh!t. And if you don't like it...you can always walk...er...swim (in this case). Have a nice day...whups...wasn't supposed to throw that in."

Is this what you meant?

Juvat said:

Another graduate from University of Phoenix on-line business school.

People act the same way no matter what they are paid. If you aren't going to help a lady struggling with children through security if you are paid 40K per year, getting paid 200K per year isn't going to magically make you help her. It is who you are. If you are the kind of person that brings compensation into motivating you into doing what is right, deep down you are a selfish person that contributes very little to society. I ususlly help people when I'm at the airport and I'm not even working. In that case, I'm compensated NOTHING. I just do it because it is the right thing to do and it helps someone to have a better day.

Latest resources

Back