Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, You're an FO...

RV

Dude, does it matter? If the captain doesn't offer a first class seat, I bring it up and they always agree. If the jumpseater hasn't boarded yet (but we know he's out there), I usually go up to the gate to make sure he's getting on. When he checks in with us, I get up and go introduce him/her to the lead F/A.

You don't have to be a CA to treat OALs like that. If the CA is not being proactive, the F/O needs to be... good CRM, right? ;)

While it is always a good thing to have an additional professional crew member on the aircraft, i.e., jumpseater, every captain I fly with looks over to me when an AA guy asks for the JS. My stock reply is that its his JS, but I would prefer that I get my left seat back at AA before I give the JS away to a native here. Having said that, the natives that have jumped on us have been relatively humble.. which in itself is a real treat.

On another note, the ALPA attorneys deposed our guys this month. We get to put their guys on the grill next month. Looking forward to the "tailgate party". Trial should be early next year.

Rik,

While I understand why you're ticked off, when you make CA at Airtran please don't use the j/s as a weapon to "get even." It will only screw up the commuting privileges Airtran and AA pilots have with each other.

Thanks,

Rik,

While I understand why you're ticked off, when you make CA at Airtran please don't use the j/s as a weapon to "get even." It will only screw up the commuting privileges Airtran and AA pilots have with each other.

Thanks,
ditto

Lear, you forgot Rule #2, Stir the batter well before pouring into iron.

About the funniest thing I ever saw was a brand new F/A come down for breakfast at 5am, look around the buffet, and say "wow, a milkshake!" Before we could stop her she had picked up a cup of batter and took a swig. I will never forget the look on her face.

Rik,

Thanks,

AA has always been good to me as a commuter. Thanks.

From what I have seen - all jumpseaters are welcome at AirTran. If there is a seat, we will get you on.

When I move to the left seat... again... I won't refuse a native the JS unless he/she is not doing the necessary "dance", you know, proper paperwork, the intro, hand shake, wearing the right stuff, etc., but I WILL use it as an opportunity to rail the treatment that APA/AMR shoved up our AA$$es and crammed down our throats.

When I move to the left seat... again... I won't refuse a native the JS unless he/she is not doing the necessary "dance", you know, proper paperwork, the intro, hand shake, wearing the right stuff, etc., but I WILL use it as an opportunity to rail the treatment that APA/AMR shoved up our AA$$es and crammed down our throats.

I'm truly sorry about what happened at TWA but why don't you blame your former TWA MEC not some powerless guy trying to go to work.

Real Classy....

Here is novel idea.... after the "dance" (as YOU put it).... why not simply welcome them aboard AirTran and offer them a business Class seat and BE DONE WITH IT.

Leave your AA hate where it belongs... OUTSIDE your job and affiliation at AirTran.

Latest resources

Back