Thanks AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearLove said:
OK people - flightinfo rule #1,543,789 (give or take a few): NO MORE POSTING JS REPORTS - just like we don't need anymore MIL UPT video pages posted or a regional "dudes" cool job myspace page links or JB clean the cabin threads - we don't need to know every JS exp. reported here.

Thousands of pilots JS every day on all US airlines - from the smallest to the biggest. Most if not darn near 99.99% have a great pleasant exp. On occasion some may encounter a nasty crew or crewmember (and it could be any airline) or the aircraft may be dirty or something else bad- guess sometimes sh1t happens. When you JS say thankyou to the crew when you get off - no need to say it or continue to brown nose here on flightinfo.

Rant finished - fire away

O wait - rant not finished: while I'm at it - it never stops to amaze me how many people in this country can't work the waffle iron at a hotel cont. b-fast. Come on people:

1. take the spray can and spray the inside of the iron
2. pour batter on evenly
3. close lid - twist or flip handel
4. when it beeps - twist back - open lid - remove waffle
4b. if waffle sticks use fork to remove, you should have done a better job with step #1

thats it people - not rocket science, no atoms being split here - just batter made into food.

Done - stay tuned for next week when we cover the complex art of waiting for everyone to exit the hotel elevator before you try to get on.

What a way to start my day -- I AM STILL FREAKIN' LAUGHING! Nice. "Just batter made into food" ... BAWAAAAAAAAAA.

More butter spray, aye-aye.

You forgot step number 5. "Bring plate to in front of the waffle iron before removing it."

I saw this dude yesterday in BOS scrape his waffle out then look for a plate. Since none were available due to the geriatric convention at the hotel, he carried it with a fork and dumped it on top of his wife's english muffin.:laugh: (english muffin sized plate of course).

GOOD JOB LEAR ..!! I spilled my coffe all over the keyboard from laughing so hard... Spot On baby ! and the waffle thing... OMG...

On Saturday I jumpseated on AirTran for the first time. FLL-ATL-MLI. Then again this morning. MLI-ATL-FLL.

I want to tell you guys how much I appreciated the ride and the hospitality! All four flights departed and arrived on time (actually early twice). The planes were clean, the flight attendants were professional (I sat in exit rows each leg and received an identical briefing from 4 different flight attendants), the agents were all very nice, and the pilots were very gracious hosts. I was offered a seat in Business class on every flight (I preferred to sit in an empty row in the back).

You guys were all very accommodating and I hope to be able to return the favor to you on AA.

Thanks Again!

Thanks for the post. As an American Airlines pilot you will always be welcome on my jumpseat, however as a Duke fan this Carolina alumnus (I think that term is right, I didn't go to Duke) might have a hard time being nice to you. :)

In violation of Flight Info Rule # 1,543,789, it is good to hear AirTran treated you right. Thanks for the compliment. I jumpseated on AA from Portland to Dallas this summer and had a great experience.

Since we are in contract negotiations and the pilot group is not feeling special, please forward all future positive jumpseating experiences to AirTran Headquarters so they can realize their special crewmembers.

Hey Lear... How bout them questions the FA's ask every single time you check in ? Please.

Where is my fridge
How long is the van ride to the airport
Is there high speed
Can I get a smoking room
How many channels on cable
Is the Dennys open
Can I switch rooms.. I want the corner suite
The van is too slow and didnt show on time
I found toe nail clippings in my bed last time
Is the rat problem fixed
How often does the van run
Where is the gym open..(like they use it)
Can I get a free drink coupon
My air conditioner makes too much noise
My room is too hot
My room stinks
I am not staying on the floor with the Shriners conference
My room better not be by the ice machine
Last time I was here.. I heard folks doing it all nite long..

Just sign the darn sheet and give me my room key please !!

You will not be able to return this favor on AA for all of the reasons you listed.

PIPE

Thanks for the laugh!

Seriously, though, I prove you wrong every time I have a jumpseater. Everyone is treated like royalty on my flights, and they mention it when they get off. Welcome!

While it is always a good thing to have an additional professional crew member on the aircraft, i.e., jumpseater, every captain I fly with looks over to me when an AA guy asks for the JS. My stock reply is that its his JS, but I would prefer that I get my left seat back at AA before I give the JS away to a native here. Having said that, the natives that have jumped on us have been relatively humble.. which in itself is a real treat.

On another note, the ALPA attorneys deposed our guys this month. We get to put their guys on the grill next month. Looking forward to the "tailgate party". Trial should be early next year.

Why does the waffle maker even need to be flippable? My waffle maker at home doesn't need flipping and the waffles look - well, like waffles.

I think it's all just some kind of sick joke.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back