Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ils2minimums

Registered Useless
On Saturday I jumpseated on AirTran for the first time. FLL-ATL-MLI. Then again this morning. MLI-ATL-FLL.

I want to tell you guys how much I appreciated the ride and the hospitality! All four flights departed and arrived on time (actually early twice). The planes were clean, the flight attendants were professional (I sat in exit rows each leg and received an identical briefing from 4 different flight attendants), the agents were all very nice, and the pilots were very gracious hosts. I was offered a seat in Business class on every flight (I preferred to sit in an empty row in the back).

You guys were all very accommodating and I hope to be able to return the favor to you on AA.

Thanks Again!

Thank you sir! :p We are just happy to return the favor. Im sure you have given many of us Airtran guys rides in the past and for that we would like to say thank you as well. You are welcome any time :)

Thanks for taking the time to post about your jumpseat experience on us. We are always happy to have you aboard. Glad you caught us at our best, and not at our worst . . . . !

While we're at it, we have been informed that our CASS approval, which was expected at the end of this month, will probably not happen then, since someone at the Company dropped the ball and only submitted it to the FAA and not the TSA . . . . duh! It could be "up to" another 60 days from now.

I agree. Don't J/S on Airtran often but when I do, everyone treats me great. I am always glad to return the favor and for you Airtran guys (and gals), I will go out of my way to accomodate you on my J/S.

OK people - flightinfo rule #1,543,789 (give or take a few): NO MORE POSTING JS REPORTS - just like we don't need anymore MIL UPT video pages posted or a regional "dudes" cool job myspace page links or JB clean the cabin threads - we don't need to know every JS exp. reported here.

Thousands of pilots JS every day on all US airlines - from the smallest to the biggest. Most if not darn near 99.99% have a great pleasant exp. On occasion some may encounter a nasty crew or crewmember (and it could be any airline) or the aircraft may be dirty or something else bad- guess sometimes sh1t happens. When you JS say thankyou to the crew when you get off - no need to say it or continue to brown nose here on flightinfo.

Rant finished - fire away

O wait - rant not finished: while I'm at it - it never stops to amaze me how many people in this country can't work the waffle iron at a hotel cont. b-fast. Come on people:

1. take the spray can and spray the inside of the iron
2. pour batter on evenly
3. close lid - twist or flip handel
4. when it beeps - twist back - open lid - remove waffle
4b. if waffle sticks use fork to remove, you should have done a better job with step #1

thats it people - not rocket science, no atoms being split here - just batter made into food.

Done - stay tuned for next week when we cover the complex art of waiting for everyone to exit the hotel elevator before you try to get on.

LearLove said:
Done - stay tuned for next week when we cover the complex art of waiting for everyone to exit the hotel elevator before you try to get on.

Maybe for a future installment, you can explain why it's so much easier to get into the way-back seat of the van than to get out of it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off just climbing over the back of the seat and getting out with the bags.

ReverseSensing said:
Maybe for a future installment, you can explain why it's so much easier to get into the way-back seat of the van than to get out of it. Sometimes I think I'd be better off just climbing over the back of the seat and getting out with the bags.

funny you say that because as I was writing the elevator part I thought of the van thing also but figured I save it for later. However my rant here is why does every hotel customer and some crew members get into the empty van and sit right infront of the door so every crewmember to follow has to climb over him/her to get into the back. Simple concept here people - unless its just your small crew - when you board the van go to the back so the others dont need to do gymnastics at 5am to hop over you while you sit by the door seat with your coffee and bagel.

Sort of the same thing applies to the PHL employee bus. When there is a shift change they all rush the bus at the stops and stand in the doorway while your trying to grab your bags and get off - my god, sometimes they rush the bus so fast you would think they were giving away free spinning rims to the first SWA or F terminal rampies with doo rags to jam up the bus door.

Last edited:
ils2minimums said:
On Saturday I jumpseated on AirTran for the first time. FLL-ATL-MLI. Then again this morning. MLI-ATL-FLL.

I want to tell you guys how much I appreciated the ride and the hospitality! All four flights departed and arrived on time (actually early twice). The planes were clean, the flight attendants were professional (I sat in exit rows each leg and received an identical briefing from 4 different flight attendants), the agents were all very nice, and the pilots were very gracious hosts. I was offered a seat in Business class on every flight (I preferred to sit in an empty row in the back).

You guys were all very accommodating and I hope to be able to return the favor to you on AA.

Thanks Again!

You will not be able to return this favor on AA for all of the reasons you listed.

PIPE

LearLove-
Disagree about the posting of JS here. In today's day and age, PLEASE give me some good info on anything. Heck, I'll even take the TSA dude said hi story. Part II- have you ever noticed that people look at that waffle iron directions, always posted right next to the waffle iron, as though they were never taught how to read? Even more so in PHL except they shoot it in the end.

Latest resources

Back