Thanks AirTran MEC!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funniest dang thing I ever saw........

Sitting in the bar one night with a room full of peeps. One guy gets his check, looks at it, and slides it back to the bartender saying "Uh, I didn't get my discount." Bartender says "who you with?" to which the offended individual said "UNITED!" Bartender says "United doesn't get a discount here."

I wanted to laugh but I figgered he was pissed enough without my input. So remember Dan, it's 1-2-3!

Gup

Funniest dang thing I ever saw........

Sitting in the bar one night with a room full of peeps. One guy gets his check, looks at it, and slides it back to the bartender saying "Uh, I didn't get my discount." Bartender says "who you with?" to which the offended individual said "UNITED!" Bartender says "United doesn't get a discount here."

I wanted to laugh but I figgered he was pissed enough without my input. So remember Dan, it's 1-2-3!

Gup

LOL I will!

I totally agree with you here!
Quite frankly, I give you guys a lot of credit for your management raising the industry bar in the area of how to treat employees. Whenever a case needs to be made, in negotiations or elsewhere, that treating the employees well proves to be a better investment than "the beatings will continue till the moral improves!" the example always used is SWA.
Without your example out there that treating your employees well pays handsome dividends, who knows what the less enlightened management teams might be trying.
So thanks for that AND the 3 2 1! Some places extend it to me too even though I am not SWA.

So you hate SWA well at least have a hard on for them, but pretend to be a SWA pilot.

Dan you have issues

Dan, I like almost every post you make that doesn't touch swa- my response has been said. When it comes to swa, you're just 1, in a long line who are predicting swa's run is ending.... A very long line- funny thing is, there was a time I'd have agreed with you- now, I most definitely do not, and pride myself in seeing things clear. Is Michael Jordan prideful when he says hes the best ever? Probably. Do wilt and russell have arguments? Maybe. Will Kobe? got to get a 6th ring- Lebron- got to get a 1st-6th.

In the meantime 40 years of productivity and extremely high morale.
"IT'S THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED SEAN!!!"
;-)

Hater in the house.

So you hate SWA well at least have a hard on for them, but pretend to be a SWA pilot.

Dan you have issues

1) If you read my posts a little more carefully I think I made it clear I don't hate SWA at all, my last post was, in fact, a tip of the hat to your industry leading management/labor relationship. I do call foul on the "SWA RULES EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS!" mentality of a few on here. But I get on this board because I find whats going on across the industry interesting. I don't hate any airline.

2) You are jumping to conclusions on "pretending I am a SWA pilot" for the 1 2 3 rule. It was a tongue in cheek comment with GUP, who I might add doesn't seem nearly as sensitive as you . What spurred it was The Monarch in PDX always gave me the 1 2 3 discount when we stayed there even though they new I was not SWA.

Dan, I like almost every post you make that doesn't touch swa- my response has been said. When it comes to swa, you're just 1, in a long line who are predicting swa's run is ending.... A very long line- funny thing is, there was a time I'd have agreed with you- now, I most definitely do not, and pride myself in seeing things clear. Is Michael Jordan prideful when he says hes the best ever? Probably. Do wilt and russell have arguments? Maybe. Will Kobe? got to get a 6th ring- Lebron- got to get a 1st-6th.

In the meantime 40 years of productivity and extremely high morale.
"IT'S THE ONLY ARGUMENT I NEED SEAN!!!"
;-)

Hater in the house.

Wave, I'm not that good a writer but I thought I have made it clear enough were I have never predicted SWA's downfall in any way. Just because I point out potential vulnerabilities in response to SWA RULES! doesn't mean I think they will fail.
That's good you pride yourself in seeing things clearly, but that doesn't mean there are not different points of views that are equally valid just like there are different airlines that are doing what they do just as well in there own way.

Is Michael Jordan prideful when he says hes the best ever? Probably. Do wilt and russell have arguments? Maybe. Will Kobe? got to get a 6th ring- Lebron- got to get a 1st-6th.

Lebron...in the same paragraph as MJ?!?! Really? REALLY???!!!??!!

Lebron COMPLETELY caved in the finals....especially in the 4th quarter. He is a chump of the highest order...one of the greatest chokers in professional sports (yes, including the entire Cubs organization of the last century). I am deeply offended by your remarks...please come back with a retraction ASAP as I believe this to be one of the most offensive things I have read on this forum.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back