• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Again ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better still, why not push for decertification of ALPA?

Not sure how much support you, a non ALPA member, will get in running a decert drive.... maybe you can find 14+% Airtran pilots...... to help you out....

Go for it......

If UAL pilots do have a chance to strike, lets see what kind of unity we have in the industry. How many express carriers out there are represented by Alpa? or for that matter represented by a union? Are these carriers going to respect the line? remember we are all unionized, right. The majority of this is UAL pilots fault. When the rj first appeared, it was considered beneath them to even think about flying the 50 seater. Now its too late to do one thing about it except jet for jobs and sitting in the right seat for 20 bucks an hr. This scope train for UAL has left the station and is not returning. The only fight left is other carriers that have scope, is to fight and keep it in check. Pilots are their own worst enemies.

If memory serves...The first RJ rolled off the line in Delta's colors. United's MEC was blindly fleeced in Chapter 11, but the blame must be shared by many.

Yes, because I'm sure Fred Smith would have been happy to pay his pilots $300k a year if they didn't have a union fighting for it. :sarcasm:

If you don't like the rules, then you work within the system to change the rules. The problem we have is decades of anti-labor case law. The way to fix bad case law? Work with Congress and the President to pass new statutes that set the law back to the way it was originally intended, rather than the bastardized Republican anti-labor version it has become.

Seems to me that he's produced pretty good results overall. Several non-union pilot groups have joined ALPA during his tenure, several non-ALPA groups have merged into ALPA, Alaska has a good TA, Hawaiian will soon have a good TA, and AirTran will follow soon after. There were certainly missteps along the way, but his legacy is shaping up to be pretty decent after all. He's earned his pension.

Fred Smith pays his pilots $300K a year because UPS pays it's pilots $300K a year. Fred had to match UPS because the IPA got UPS to pay pilots $300K a year. ALPA didn't do ********************.

Yes, because I'm sure Fred Smith would have been happy to pay his pilots $300k a year if they didn't have a union fighting for it. :sarcasm:

If you don't like the rules, then you work within the system to change the rules. The problem we have is decades of anti-labor case law. The way to fix bad case law? Work with Congress and the President to pass new statutes that set the law back to the way it was originally intended, rather than the bastardized Republican anti-labor version it has become.

Seems to me that he's produced pretty good results overall. Several non-union pilot groups have joined ALPA during his tenure, several non-ALPA groups have merged into ALPA, Alaska has a good TA, Hawaiian will soon have a good TA, and AirTran will follow soon after. There were certainly missteps along the way, but his legacy is shaping up to be pretty decent after all. He's earned his pension.

What a prater a$$kisser. If prater was walking and were to come to an abrupt halt, your head would go half way up his a$$hole.

MAG - I think they got a pretty good deal.
Then why didn't you apply there instead of Airtran?

You ever going to answer my question of how many Management Pilots fly for FedEx?

Fred Smith pays his pilots $300K a year because UPS pays it's pilots $300K a year. Fred had to match UPS because the IPA got UPS to pay pilots $300K a year. ALPA didn't do ********************.
Stop talking like that Brown...You're making too much sense on this thread!:)

Latest resources

Back