• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank-you Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's to you Mr. Mesaba Pilot Yes Voter Guy!

Your inept greed, and cowardly act has helped further lower the profession of the pilot.

All in the name of "This will help me get to be a Captain sooner, and get out of here!" That is no different than the Ho-Jets, Mesa, Skywest, and all of the other bottom feeders mentality.

There are no guarenteed additional aircraft coming. Even if you receive replacements for the Avro's you will still be lower than you were.

In the tradition of FlightInfo (but reversed),.... "You are no longer welcome in my jumpseat."

Question...what is your 2% dues getting you anyways?

Nothing I say.

You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Translation guys who disagree with the Mesaba Pilots vote are whiny babies. Perhaps you forgot the part where people are free to vote how they please? It sucks to take pay cuts I have to say but bankruptcy is bankruptcy. Sham or not there is not much you can do.

Everybody wants everyone to fall on thier swords.... except themselves....

I stand by XJ!
This is exactly right. If Mesaba went on strike over this are any of you guys going to pay their bills if they lost their jobs? I doubt it. Every one of you that think Mesaba Pilots are wrong to ratify the TA are really just a bunch of loud mouth hypocrites. EVERY SINGLE regional airline pilot out there has a job because they do it for less money than the company they code share for bottom line. How many of you 9E guys felt bad over the last few years that Northwest had almost 1000 furloughed pilots while your airplanes flew old DC-9 routes? And let’s not forget that you guys have those airplanes to begin with because of your sub standard contract. Or what about ASA or Comair who agreed to fly 70 seat jets at a fraction of what Delta pilots would fly for, again while Delta pilots were out of work. So all of you jag offs that want to whine about how Mesaba pilots are lowering the bar can shut the f^%$ up.

I hope XJ gets a lot of growth. You guys would look good in 1900's. If I was still in the red tail family I would be pushiing to get rid of ALPA. Might as well have another 2% take home that could buy you lunch at taco bell.

I don't blame the mesaba guys one bit for voting this in, I wish we would just vote in our pinnacle contract and get it over with so we can all move on. I came to pinnacle to fly my a$$ off and to get to where i really want to go, a major. I did not come here to STFD or what ever the heck you bitter guys say. Half of the people at pinnacle that will vote on our contract will not even be here in 1 year, so I don't understand why everyone gets so pissed off. There is nothing we can do to change what management is going to do. They are going to get what they need to make money. XJ is a perfect example. How long has this been going on to get the same results? Or we could be like comair and get the best contract ever, look where they are now, falling back to the rest of us. The current proposal on the table for pinnacle might not be the best, but it gives fo's a raise, and with current attrition and with the majors hiring, it wont even matter to over half the pilot group in 3 years. Would you rather spend that 3 years doing what ASA is doing right now? I don't. I say good job to the XJ Guys who were voting yes because they just want to move on and get to where they need to go. Now its our turn for our union to "not give one cent" and then do it anyway in the end.

And what happens when it turns out that you can't get out in 1 year? When you are stuck with a POS contract that you have to work under for 5 or 6 years? Yes, the majors are hiring, or are going to start. CAL currently has over 15,000 aps on file. Are you going to be one of those lucky few who get on with a major as soon as you get your hours? Why don't you look around at all those who thought that 5 or 6 years ago, who ended up having stay there 5 or 6 years longer than they wanted to. Think about that when you vote in a POS contract.

I couldn't agree with ATRDriver more. Taking a bad contract now may SEEM like a good idea because you hope for the growth that will allow you to move on, but what happens if the industry goes back into the toilet and you're stuck at XJ? Now not only will you not be moving on the Big Leagues but you're also stuck at a crappy place to work because you were short sighted.

When we finally do get something to vote on at ASA, if it's not a contract that I could work under for the next 10 years, I'll vote no because I know I may just end up stuck here for 10 years if things go poorly. And if a company has to shut it's doors because it can't afford a reasonable contract, then it should fold, I'll just consider it saving future pilots from a crap hole of a company.

People will argue that they have bills to pay, a family to feed, I can't let the company fold... Well, you were intelligent enough to get your ratings, you're intelligent enough to make it in the job market, especially considering you can make more money at Home Depot on day one than you can as a 1st year FO.

All that money that XJ ALPA spent on strike prepardness info, p2p, strike rallies.....well spent.

They would have been money ahead had they just told the pilot group upfront that they should just get used to the fact that you will work for less money in terms of real dollars every year.

Sanctimonious cowards. Go fly the plane, switch monkey.

EVERY SINGLE regional airline pilot out there has a job because they do it for less money than the company they code share for the bottom line. .

Not true . . . us XJTers didn't run to the bottom against Continental. We have a great contract and there was no pressure in 04 coming from some scum management to get us into a threatened position to sign it.

Now that Continental stiffed us with 25% of our airplanes, instead of begging for concessions, our management hasn't asked for anything. On the contrary, we just voted in a cost-of-living increase in a contract extention, and told Continental to F themselves with those airplanes and we're going to take our profits and our good business elsewhere.

Not all Regional Pilots and not all managements just roll over. I just had to correct you on that.

i would imagine that the countless FO's that have 5 years plus did think about this.
I'm just wondering when people are actually going to read what this TA is, then stop making stupid posts.

I couldn't agree with ATRDriver more. Taking a bad contract now may SEEM like a good idea because you hope for the growth that will allow you to move on, but what happens if the industry goes back into the toilet and you're stuck at XJ? Now not only will you not be moving on the Big Leagues but you're also stuck at a crappy place to work because you were short sighted.

When we finally do get something to vote on at ASA, if it's not a contract that I could work under for the next 10 years, I'll vote no because I know I may just end up stuck here for 10 years if things go poorly. And if a company has to shut it's doors because it can't afford a reasonable contract, then it should fold, I'll just consider it saving future pilots from a crap hole of a company.

People will argue that they have bills to pay, a family to feed, I can't let the company fold... Well, you were intelligent enough to get your ratings, you're intelligent enough to make it in the job market, especially considering you can make more money at Home Depot on day one than you can as a 1st year FO.

All Mesaba bashers take note. Exactly how familiar are you with the agreement? It might be a little premature. Just because the media is saying 15% cuts doesn't make it true. And just where is the 15% coming from? And how many of you are familiar with bankruptcy claims? The pilots are due 14.2 Million dollars. Even if it got paid out 50 cents on the dollar, that is a lot of money.

I fully respect those Mesaba pilots who voted against. It is their right. But lots of loudmouths out there who really don't know anything about the agreement. Would you be shocked to hear that it amounted to a 5% pay rate cut?

Latest resources

Back