Thank you Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RCA

from comair pres. This should even p!ss Mesa pilots off.

Q. I have a hard time understanding why you are asking your pilots to work for wages that are below industry standard. I am willing to contribute during this time of financial crisis but these cuts appear to be steep. Please help me understand.
A. Our proposal is actually very simple: It's slightly higher than DCI averages on the 50-seat product while making sure we will lock up business on the 70- and 100-seat product. There are two bookends: One is where we are today, and that's a place where things won't work out for us, and then there's where our proposal is. Everywhere in between represents significant degrees of risk. Unfortunately, we are not in an environment that affords us flexibility within our cost structure. It is imperative that we meet "best in class" on the 70-seat cost so that we have the greatest opportunity to achieve growth within the regional industry while remaining competitive in the 50-seat platform. I recognize that these pay reductions are very painful, but they are necessary to provide a future for our company because if we're not competitive in the 70-seat space, we're not going to be a viable company.

what does this have to do with mesa. if you would have checked airline pilot pay you would have noticed that mesa, psa, skywest, american eagle and asa very close in crj700 base pay rates.

there's a simple solution to the problem.. VOTE NO to any pay cuts. i voted no on the mesa contract and was prepared to lose my job when all the flying was transfered to freedom... now it's your turn to put up or shut up...and RCA this wasn't directed at you as a person attack just general comment for the all the pilot groups.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/146/103/

Maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone else for your troubles. Take that energy and deal with your issues and make them as good as they can be.

My GAWSH!...what in the heck does that have to do with Mesa? Seriously, inquiring minds want to know!

So, RCA, i guess in your little world Mesa is also responsible for global warming, unrest in the Middle East, and all the other injustices in this world, eh? And I suppose the Mesa pilots are the ones torching cars out in France right now too? Why not try this...think for yourself. I know it's tough, but just try. Heck, you may impress yourself!

You're probably the type of kidthat'll misplace your keys and blame a Mesa or CHQ pilot for it.

Grow up son!

In reallity Im not mad at mesa pilots for making a few dollars less per hour than the comair pilots. however i am upset that my company is proposing to me a $10,000+ pay cut (2 year fo) to be closer to industry AVERAGE. I would stand next to any mesa pilot and try to stick it to mngmnt the way they are sticking to us right now. The reason I knee jerked on mesa is because they are competing for DCI flying. sorry to come across bitter toward mesa pilots really Im bitter towards the career path I have chosen

RCA said:
sorry to come across bitter toward mesa pilots really Im bitter towards the career path I have chosen

You're career path was spot on. It was the timing that was off...

~wheelsup

It is imperative that we meet "best in class" on the 70-seat cost so that we have the greatest opportunity to achieve growth within the regional industry while remaining competitive in the 50-seat platform. I recognize that these pay reductions are very painful, but they are necessary to provide a future for our company because if we're not competitive in the 70-seat space, we're not going to be a viable company.

Its scary how this quote is the exact same B.S. Skywest used 4 years ago to sell us the now permanent T.A. Do these CEO's just cut and paste each others doom and gloom speeches and feed this SH!T to us. How stupid do they think we are? Vote NO on any more decline in QOL or pay. Enough is enough!!! Lets stop the slide.

RCA said:
from comair pres. This should even p!ss Mesa pilots off.

A. Our proposal is actually very simple: It is imperative that we meet "best in class" on the 70-seat cost

hey RCA I feel for ya. I just spent two weeks in the Honolulu Bankruptcy Court listening to (among overly excessive amounts of high paid BS and unecessary 1113c drama caused by our company, along with better than television rebuttals from ALPA, the PBGC and the AFA) our company whine about how our cost need to be "in line with mesa" and GET THIS... We dont even fly RJ's! The companay was STUPID enough to go to mesa pay rates in front of the judge and we just ripped them apart.

Those of you tearing into RCA, try laying off! As being EX-MESA MYSELF, I can say without hesitation that Mesa is the BITCH HO of the industry. In the airlines, when you need some DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP you call mesa. Or at the bare minimum you can BLAME MESA.

I have now HEARD IT ALL when a 737 operator whines to the judge about Mesa pay rates. You mesa pilots are mostly straight shooters, but you really need to stop your belligerent CEO before he gets himself hurt.

The Truth said:
My GAWSH!...what in the heck does that have to do with Mesa? Seriously, inquiring minds want to know!

So, RCA, i guess in your little world Mesa is also responsible for global warming, unrest in the Middle East, and all the other injustices in this world, eh? And I suppose the Mesa pilots are the ones torching cars out in France right now too? Why not try this...think for yourself. I know it's tough, but just try. Heck, you may impress yourself!

You're probably the type of kidthat'll misplace your keys and blame a Mesa or CHQ pilot for it.

Grow up son!

Okay douchebag, I'll think for myself. Mesa is the bottom of the barrel paywise, and QOL wise too. Now, if you look on airlinepay.com, you notice that the rates Comair wants us to accept are the same effed up rates the Mesa douchebags accepted, and they want us to accept the same effed up QOL too. Mesa pilots are directly responsible for selling out the rest of us! I came to that conclusion by independent research and analysis. So you can take my independent thought and shove it! Oh, and I am voting NO, you ass!:uzi: :angryfire :smash: :bomb: :mad: :puke:

Latest resources

Back