Thank you Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Truth said:
My GAWSH!...what in the heck does that have to do with Mesa? Seriously, inquiring minds want to know!

Grow up son!

Hey The Truth i mean Dad I replied to your comment. a 737 guy replied in response to what this has to do with Mesa. A mesa pilot responded to what this has to do with Mesa. and now suddenly your post button has been deferred.

As for the other dude that supports Mesa Management (Stall02) The only thing I would check the yes box for would be a raise/strike.

Last edited:
Untill we figure a way to make sure all airlines pay the same rate this what your going to get.Got to be on the same page or we will be going lower and lower.

very, very impressive "doh"!...you correctly spelled douchebag! I guess I need to lay off accusing the high school GED crowd such as yourself of not being literate. And by your choice of words, I see a bright future ahead of you as a "professional" in the aviation world. Atta boy!

I guess I came across as somehow supporting Mesa, or for that matter, their management. Nothing could be further from the truth. I never worked at Mesa, nor have any plans in doing so (I left the regionals years ago to go back to my engineering job, now own my own consulting business, so I'm doing just fine). Having said that, one of the many reasons I left the aviation business was the mindset, and constant complaining, of those that felt a need to segregate themselves towards their bretheren. Similiar to a racist mentality...hating an entire group based on, in many instances, little or no justification in doing so.

RCA, I accept the fact that you're angry. You have every right to be. This business is, and has been for quite sometime, very volatile. But I just have a problem with your wanting to directly blame Mesa for all of the industry's faults. Do you even know what the word bankruptcy really means? I'm not trying to sound antagonistic, but I feel a need to ask the question. And if you know what it means, do you really understand it? In short, it means that Delta (in relation to you) isn't exactly doing very well at the moment. Not very well at all.

For good reason, everyone (including myself) has applauded your company, Comair, for stepping up to the plate during previous contract negotiations to win yourselves a better contract. I'm sure the Mesa folks could learn a thing or two from your actions. However, Comair remains one of the highest cost regionals. And, unfortunately, Delta doesn't exactly have the cash to cover your expenses. Given the choice, I'm sure Delta would prefer Comair versus Mesa (or the likes of a CHQ, etc) but it's just not feasible for them at this time. They simply don't have the cash (i.e. they're bankrupt!). For obvious reasons, when you don't have a lot of money (or ANY in this instance) you can't pay a premium dollar for help.

Given how unified and strong-willed a group that Comair has, I have no doubt you all with fight the good fight on not allowing your rates to be cut. You'll inevitably be in a situation that the likes of Mesa faced during their last round of negotiations (save having to deal with a Freedom situation in addition). Mesa obviously caved in to a crap contract, versus the prospect of losing their jobs (and are paying the price dearly). Ultimately, I guess only time will tell in just how different Comair is/will be to Mesa. Given the prospect, are you willing to walk away if the payrates proposed are non-negotiable? That's obviously the step that needs to be taken in order to halt this landslide, but is it really something you're willing to do?

...I hope so, but time will only tell

RCA said:
from comair pres. This should even p!ss Mesa pilots off.

Q. I have a hard time understanding why you are asking your pilots to work for wages that are below industry standard. I am willing to contribute during this time of financial crisis but these cuts appear to be steep. Please help me understand.
A. Our proposal is actually very simple: It's slightly higher than DCI averages on the 50-seat product while making sure we will lock up business on the 70- and 100-seat product. There are two bookends: One is where we are today, and that's a place where things won't work out for us, and then there's where our proposal is. Everywhere in between represents significant degrees of risk. Unfortunately, we are not in an environment that affords us flexibility within our cost structure. It is imperative that we meet "best in class" on the 70-seat cost so that we have the greatest opportunity to achieve growth within the regional industry while remaining competitive in the 50-seat platform. I recognize that these pay reductions are very painful, but they are necessary to provide a future for our company because if we're not competitive in the 70-seat space, we're not going to be a viable company.

Delta mainline should get the 100 seat product, so that shouldn't be a consideration I would think. If Comair or a partner got it instead, the pilot revolt would be such that Delta would shut down - that is what I have been told by a few Delta buddies. Grinstein actually told an upgrade class recently that Delta mainline will control the 100-seat product (and not outsource that revenue stream) - although, he has changed his mind on a few things. Funny how Buttrell would mention 100-seaters too (it contradicts what his boss is saying). Mixed messages - what a big surprise!!!!!

RCA said:
from comair pres. This should even p!ss Mesa pilots off.

Q. . Our proposal is actually very simple: It's slightly higher than DCI averages on the 50-seat product while making sure we will lock up business on the 70- and 100-seat product. There are two bookends: One is where we are today, and that's a place where things won't work out for us, and then there's where our proposal is. Everywhere in between represents significant degrees of risk. Unfortunately, we are not in an environment that affords us flexibility within our cost structure. It is imperative that we meet "best in class" on the 70-seat cost so that we have the greatest opportunity to achieve growth within the regional industry while remaining competitive in the 50-seat platform. I recognize that these pay reductions are very painful, but they are necessary to provide a future for our company because if we're not competitive in the 70-seat space, we're not going to be a viable company.

Didn't he feed you this same line of crap 8 months ago?:puke:

Last edited:
You were looking for a job when you found this one.

Some day you're going to have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "How much am I worth?"

With an ATP, a college degree, thousands of hours of experience, type-ratings, medicals every six months, checkrides every six months, harassment at every security checkpoint in the country... how much is it worth?

And if what Fred's offering is less than that number, then say "no."
And if the rest of the pilots disagree and vote it in - Quit.

You can find another job. Thousands of people have done so since 2001.

It's all up to you. How much are you worth?

What bankruptcu means to me? A way to cut pensions, pay, work rules, and overall QOL for me and my family. From a company standpoint your right. I dont really think anyone understands. Really how can anyone manage billions upon billions of dollars both coming in and going out.

Latest resources

Back