• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank you ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because one may be better in some aspects, does that make the other one not successful? How does your contract compare with UPS?

What have you ALPA bashers done to make ALPA or the profession stronger? Cannot wait to hear! You suggest a new union will make things better. Why not get off your keyboard, attend LEC meetings and promote real change within your current union. My guess, you are too lazy. It is easy to bitch and moan here but it takes real effort to make structural changes to our cause. Refocus your attacks on those who wish for our demise!!

I just came from a rally June 11th. I am active and will support my companies union but I will NOT support Prater and his regime. He has done more in his short term to UNunify ALPA than any previous ALPA president in the 10 years I have been a part of it.

UPS pilots?

care to provide a comparison of the recent UPS and FedEx contracts? Discuss the voting percentages....

The 3 best airlines right now are UPS, FedEx, and SWA....Only one is ALPA....What do all 3 have in common? They make money....

First step in getting a good contract is working for a company that makes money....ALPA or not.....

Because one may be better in some aspects, does that make the other one not successful? How does your contract compare with UPS?

I asked you to conduct a comparison and suggested you look at voting percentages to indicate how amicable the CBA's were to each pilot group, thus making it easy for you...

Then you try and deflect by trying to ask about my CBA.

Stay focused...

I just came from a rally June 11th. I am active and will support my companies union but I will NOT support Prater and his regime. He has done more in his short term to UNunify ALPA than any previous ALPA president in the 10 years I have been a part of it.

That maybe.... but keep in mind, many had to have anyone but DW... and they got it... who do we blame for that one?

WTF do I care about the differences. UPS is a desirable job because of the contract their pilot union negotiated, just like FedEx is a desirable job because of the contract their pilot union negotiated. When you get your NW contract in gear, let us know. Stop being so defensive and realize there are certain arguments you simply aren't going to win. Good luck with the merger, hope you don't get furloughed.

Last edited:
ALPA lost its way years ago. We need a new national union. One with the guts to call a national strike and shut down the system. We have all invested a very large sum of money in our profession. It's time we started to get paid and treated like professionals again.

Great, ALPA will be sued out of existence and all of the National leaders will do time in prison. Do you actually believe this could happen?

Tell me which "new" national union will be immune to the RLA? Which union will control Congress? Which union has the "guts to shut down the system"? Again, stop the delusions and figure this sh*t out. Nobody that receives a "by the hour" paycheck, is ever going to influence airline management. They don't care, and the law clearly says that they don't have to. It sucks, but burying your head in the sand isn't a defensible argument.

Age 65. Congress voted UNANIMOUSLY to pass it. Has everything to do with the PBGC being stuck with Billions of dollars in failed pensions and ZERO to do with the concerns of ALPA or SWAPA.

WRONG
ALPA had everything to do with the age 65 bill being passed WHEN it did! The bill may have passed sometime in the future but ALPA (Prater and his regime) were the ones who pushed it through now

Prove it. Is it your belief that SWAPA had no bearing on the bills passage?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back