Thank you ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCDU

Thank you ALPA for your support of age 65. Thanks to another wise decision. Now there will be massive furloughs, downgrades and people losing their quality of life by going back on reserve. Like getting rid of scope and DOH and now age 65. Very shortsighted.

This industry is doomed. Anybody younger then 40 needs to get out and make a real living.We have no leverage thanks to failed unions.

Good luck to all getting furlough notices.

Marty

Why any airline would stick with ALPA is beyond me. I am out of the industry (per ALPA), and have actually marvelled how the once and mighty has become the desperate and greedy!

As said before, they have lost all leverage and will continue untilk somebody takes a stand...and the rest follow. Kind of like rate increases, huh?

This industry is doomed. Anybody younger then 40 needs to get out and make a real living.We have no leverage thanks to failed unions.
Marty

If ALPA's a failed union, what makes you think their support or rejection would make any difference?

What failed union are you a member of? Ever think of quitting? Give it some thought.

If ALPA is a failed union?? Is there any doubt?

Name one "successful" pilot union out there. Just one. Caveat: company fuel hedges don't count as a pilot union success.

Name one.

Everybody likes to piss on ALPA all the while ignoring the RLA and it's indentured servitude level restrictions.

Can't wait to hear.

AGE 65 was not a RLA issue. It was a SWAPA promotion destroying the standards which had been in effect for over five decades.

Age 65 was the watershed issue which makes ALPA SUCK!

Why not send some nice emails to Congressman Jim Oberstar.

He was a bit proponent of this bill, saying we are losing our most experienced pilots, also creating a pilot shortage.

Thank you ALPA for your support of age 65. Thanks to another wise decision. Now there will be massive furloughs, downgrades and people losing their quality of life by going back on reserve. Like getting rid of scope and DOH and now age 65. Very shortsighted.

Good luck to all getting furlough notices.

Marty

Name one "successful" pilot union out there. Just one. Caveat: company fuel hedges don't count as a pilot union success.

Name one.

Everybody likes to piss on ALPA all the while ignoring the RLA and it's indentured servitude level restrictions.

Can't wait to hear.

Let's see, in my personal career,
EAL strike...failed
Pensions....gone
Age 65
work rules...gone

shall I go on? I think I like many of my piers have earned the right to "piss" on ALPA

Let's not forget the complete and utter lack of representation for the TWA Pilots?

The beginning of the end in my opinion!

Latest resources

Back