• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terror warning, keep your eyes out...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its actually Norm Minetta's fault. Secretary of Transportation. A Bush appointee. He's a Jap. He felt that the Jap Americans had a bad break during WWII so he didn't want any profiling. I don't like Hillary either, but don't blame everything that goes wrong on democrats. Usually when something gets "F" ed up, its usually a republican.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in the source on this one. Is this legit? Or another internet hoax?
p.s. the bigotry on this board is disgusting. A Jap?!! Are you kidding me? hey, the 1950's called, they want their sense of racial superiority back. Ass. As for the terrorism thing, there aren't a whole lot of arabs in the IRA.

Last edited:
flying4food said:
What about Tim McVey???

Big difference. Tim McVey wasn't a suicide bomber. If they are on the plane, and they are planning on using the aircraft as a weapon of terror, they must be suicide attackers. Suicide attackers are predominantly Muslim extremists.

Most serial killers are white males. If police use profiling in the case of white male serial killer suspects is that racist or good police work? PC has no place in national security!

There is intelligence on a cell phone threat, check your companies "twelve five" advisories.

Your story did draw my mind directly to that advisory, sounds like a dry run, watch yourselves out there.

Bluto said:
I'm interested in the source on this one. Is this legit? Or another internet hoax?
p.s. the bigotry on this board is disgusting. A Jap?!! Are you kidding me? hey, the 1950's called, they want their sense of racial superiority back. Ass. As for the terrorism thing, there aren't a whole lot of arabs in the IRA.

Using common sense instead of political correctness in national defense and airport security does not equal bigotry.

Oh and by the way.......anybody against profiling young middle eastern men ages 18 to 35 is an idiot!!!!!

Open your eyes people, check your world events from the last 20 years.

JoeMerchant said:
Using common sense instead of political correctness in national defense and airport security does not equal bigotry.
I agree, but using the word 'Jap' to describe an individual does. Additionally, I think it's foolish to focus only on people that look a certain way. How many white/non-arab looking terrorist sympathizers are there out there? Giving a pass to white folks, women, kids, etc. is not in the best interest of security. The TSA hasn't dropped the ball in this aspect, for once they are acting proactively instead of reactively. I don't have a problem with profiling when it's done correctly. When it's done badly though, I think it reflects the absolute worst aspects of humanity. The very aspects terrorists embody: namely, the belief that because a person is different, they are worth less. It's an extremely small-minded view and I'd expect better from aviation professionals, though I know better.

I'm interested in a source because this reminds me of the story about a year ago with middle-eastern men onboard a flight that were 'clearly performing some kind of dry-run terrorist activity' all the while 'claiming' to be musicians. Well, it turns out they were musicians, not terrorists. Alarmist thinking without a solid source can distract us from actual threats.

Last edited:
Yeah Bluto!!! Go Sing A Song Chill Out......my Grandfather Still Calls Them Japs And He Would Kick Your A$$
Profile All Middle Eastern Males That Have Not Been In This Country For Longer Than 20 Years!!!

Bluto said:
I'm interested in a source because this reminds me of the story about a year ago with middle-eastern men onboard a flight that were 'clearly performing some kind of dry-run terrorist activity' all the while 'claiming' to be musicians. Well, it turns out they were musicians, not terrorists. Alarmist thinking without a solid source can distract us from actual threats.

In a source as in where it came from? It came from MY flight! You won't read about it in any papers or anything. I don't know how it was documented, but it was on MY flight. I didn't tell this story to start a race war. I told it so that people will be on the look out for things like I saw today. This sh1t was real man. You think we felt good about hearing that a middle eastern dude was acting sketchy and was trying to use a cell phone on and airplane? After the stuff that went down in England and the use of cell phones we were taking no chances.

Latest resources

Back