• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terminated for Interviewing at JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call JetBlue and let them know. If they contact your employer for any reason and find out without you letting them know it would not help you at all. Just my thoughts

Google or check Amazon for books by Paul H. Tobias. He has several books that deal with legal cases involving wrongful discharge. One of the legal reference books is called Litigating Wrongful Discharge Claims, but there are several others available for a reasonable price. You should invest in protecting your reputation - it's all we have as pilots.

You do not get to be the decider of what we do and do not know, if you do not know the difference between, YOUR, YOU'RE, YORE and YOWSA.

Black Hawk said:
I have no idea if they would have good news or bad news for you and neither do most of the posters here either. Your not the first guy to be let go when your employer finds out you're looking for other work.

Right to work state

Curious about an employees rights in a right to work state. I thought it has something to do with not discriminating against unions and union supporters. From my limited understanding, I didn't think that an employer had to have a reason to terminate somebody other than they couldn't terminate because of an employees affiliation with organized labor, in a right to work state. That is about my level of knowledge on that subject so if somebody knows the facts I would appreciate it if you could enlighten me or provide a link were I could find some more information. Thanks

A friend of mine just got fired too after going to an interview. He had asked for a day off (he works full time as a contractor- cheaper for the company- and the only day he gets off is when they don't call. 24/7/365 reserve). 135 Company owner finds a PRIA request in the mail and fires him walking out of the plane at the end of a trip. First vacation in several years of employment there. Then a few days later he gets begged to come back because they can't find anyone to operate several of the different types they operate........

If you're union, then take it to your union's legal department. They may have the muscle for you to get your job back. Otherwise, I'd talk to counsel on your own and then discuss it with an employment counseling service for further advice.

well, when interviewing fr another company, i hear that you just go to your cheif and ask for the time off. but now, holy crap....i would beat the living....out of any cheif who did that.....well, maybe not that..lol but jeeze...what scum would mesaba do that?

We don't have the whole story. The original poster hasn't given any answers to questions since the original post.

Gup

metrodriver said:
A friend of mine just got fired too after going to an interview. He had asked for a day off (he works full time as a contractor- cheaper for the company- and the only day he gets off is when they don't call. 24/7/365 reserve). 135 Company owner finds a PRIA request in the mail and fires him walking out of the plane at the end of a trip. First vacation in several years of employment there. Then a few days later he gets begged to come back because they can't find anyone to operate several of the different types they operate........

You have got to be spoofing me!

Contractor....No days off....No vacation....But only on duty and paid when called...If he is called. I don't doubt your voracity, I just don't understand the situation as described. How can he never have time off when he is never a full time employee? Sounds like he always has "time off" unless he is called.

That is a real jerk of an employer. The PIC time must be very valuable to put up with the threat of being fired if unavailable on short notice.

FlyBoeingJets said:
You have got to be spoofing me!

Contractor....No days off....No vacation....But only on duty and paid when called...If he is called. I don't doubt your voracity, I just don't understand the situation as described. How can he never have time off when he is never a full time employee? Sounds like he always has "time off" unless he is called.

That is a real jerk of an employer. The PIC time must be very valuable to put up with the threat of being fired if unavailable on short notice.
That's how a LOT of Part 135 operators work...

The FAR's only require 13 days off per calendar quarter for Part 135 and, because so many people are looking for work, a lot of scumbag operators will say, "Well, we didn't call you yesterday to work, so that was one of your days."

If you complain about it, they simply stop flying you until you quit, since most of them pay on a daily or "per trip" basis. I worked for two such outfits coming up through the ranks. Problem is, you don't know they're going to be like that until you're already working there, they don't come right out and say it during the interview.

The original poster replied to some of us via PM, I don't think he plans on responding further on this thread...

Latest resources

Back