Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flylears

Guys/Gals,

I am disappointed to report that I was let go from my flying job after serving five+ loyal years of service just for fulfulling a long term professional goal.

The good news is that I was fortunate enough to pass Phase I of the JetBlue interview process and presently waiting to hear the results of Phase II.

Can anyone of the many professional people on this board give me some advice on what to do in the meantime?

Thank You

That blows!

I dont know if it would help or hurt you, but I'd almost call JB HR and tell them what happened with your employer, and explain that the situation makes you want to work there that much more. JB guys would have insight on whether this would be a smart move or not...

It does sound like you might have grounds for a lawsuit, are you in a right to work state?

Please out the company that did this to you for the benefit of everybody on this board.

send an email

better contact jetblue and let them know whats going on, either directly or through one or the guy/gals that recommended you. If they would fire you I'm sure they will try to run you down if jetblue contacts them. good luck

Be careful about "outing" the company. In the process you may inadvertently justify your termination.

Getting even isn't always the best solution. Good luck.

A guy in new-hire class with me at one of my past jobs had exactlly the same thing happen to him.

He didn't take it too hard since it qualified him for unemployment benefits, he was the only guy in class getting paid!!

flylears said:
Guys/Gals,

I am disappointed to report that I was let go from my flying job after serving five+ loyal years of service just for fulfulling a long term professional goal.

The good news is that I was fortunate enough to pass Phase I of the JetBlue interview process and presently waiting to hear the results of Phase II.

Can anyone of the many professional people on this board give me some advice on what to do in the meantime?

Thank You

If they fired you, it doesn't say much for that company. They just showed you their true cards so it's probably for the best anyway.

DW

You need to get the advice of a professional, like Cheryl Cage Consulting. Make sure you handle this correctly.

I would call JB and let them know what happened. Just because Phase II is your background check. If they find you don't work there anymore and you said on your application that you did, then they may have a reason to deny you. You have already passed the 'personality' for the JB position. Take care and good luck, Ace

Latest resources

Back