Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spinup said:
Boingman,

Don't be bitter, just because CAL couldn't hold DEN doesn’t mean UAL cant.

Bitter? LOL. But I can point you to some ex FAL pilots that feel a bit different.

Come to think of it I do remember the TORQUE program though, but I was on a leave for all those festivities.

Last edited:
Boeingman,

I'm sure you'll be touting UAL's demise long after their clear of bankrupcy.

ob·sti·nate
adj.
Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action
Difficult to manage, control, or subdue; refractory.
Difficult to alleviate or cure: an obstinate headache.

Synonyms: obstinate, stubborn, headstrong, stiff-necked, bullheaded, pigheaded, mulish, dogged, pertinacious
These adjectives mean tenaciously unwilling to yield. Obstinate implies unreasonable rigidity: “Mr. Quincy labored hard with the governor to obtain his assent, but he was obstinate” (Benjamin Franklin). Stubborn pertains to innate, often perverse resoluteness or unyieldingness: “She was very stubborn when her mind was made up” (Samuel Butler). One who is headstrong is stubbornly, often recklessly willful: The headstrong teenager ignored school policy. Stiff-necked implies stubbornness combined with arrogance or aloofness: The stiff-necked customer irked the cashier. Bullheaded suggests foolish or irrational obstinacy, and pigheaded, stupid obstinacy: Don't be bullheaded; see a doctor. “It's a pity pious folks are so apt to be pigheaded” (Harriet Beecher Stowe). Mulish implies the obstinacy and intractability associated with a mule: “Obstinate is no word for it, for she is mulish” (Ouida).
:)

Last edited:
spinup said:
Boeingman,

I'm sure you'll be touting UAL's demise long after their clear of bankrupcy.

ob·sti·nate
adj.
Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action
Difficult to manage, control, or subdue; refractory.
Difficult to alleviate or cure: an obstinate headache.

:)

Seriously you're giving me to much credit , I could care less if you live or die. I didn't realize expressing an opinion was so taboo with you boys and girls. And they are all opinions not predictions.

Would you like a dictionary definition to point out the difference?

Last edited:
Boeingman said:
Seriously you're giving me to much credit , I could care less if you live or die. I didn't realize expressing an opinion was so taboo with you boys and girls. And they are all opinions not predictions.

Would you like a dictionary definition?

Obviously, you do care. And in some twisted sense appear to revel in UAL's struggles. What else could be inferred from your apparent tenacity to this subject?

spinup said:
Obviously, you do care. And in some twisted sense appear to revel in UAL's struggles. What else could be inferred from your apparent tenacity to this subject?

Ah, playing psychologist are we? Struggles? According to some of your other brethren things are just rosy over there. I guess they are. I'd be just thrilled that in BK protection my company was only losing 3 to 4 hundred million a quarter.

Revel? I see, so by me pointing out what is the obvious and also mutually agreed (by many analyst's and industry observers) upon serious nature of UAL it is reveling in your "struggles". Wait, there is no struggle going on there so that point is invalid.

Seriously, UAL could live or die I really don't care. I don't think I have once gloated over the condition of your airline. If you feel that pointing out the obvious is I can't help you there.

Boeingman said:
Ah, playing psychologist are we? Struggles? According to some of your other brethren things are just rosy over there. I guess they are. I'd be just thrilled that in BK protection my company was only losing 3 to 4 hundred million a quarter.

Revel? I see, so by me pointing out what is the obvious and also mutually agreed (by many analyst's and industry observers) upon serious nature of UAL it is reveling in your "struggles". Wait, there is no struggle going on there so that point is invalid.

Seriously, UAL could live or die I really don't care. I don't think I have once gloated over the condition of your airline. If you feel that pointing out the obvious is I can't help you there.

First, you choose only to align yourself only with the negativity surrounding UAL. It's your choice to "mutually agree" with the nattering nay bobs of negativity, damming positive analysis. However; time and time again it's led to your inaccurate predictions surrounding UAL. Here's an idea... Try a more rounded viewpoint, and maybe some of your ramblings will manifest themselves in reality, unlike your current track record.

Secondly, let’s call it what it is. Gloating. Go back and re-read your posts. If Gloating is not your intent, I suggest you take more care when you post. That being said, it would take more fortitude than you posses for you to be bothersome in that light.

Thirdly, most of my UAL "brethren" are fully aware of the negative issues surrounding BK. Yet we have the uncanny ability to see both sides of the issue. A trait you have yet to demonstrate.

spinup said:
First, you choose only to align yourself only with the negativity surrounding UAL. It's your choice to "mutually agree" with the nattering nay bobs of negativity, damming positive analysis. However; time and time again it's led to your inaccurate predictions surrounding UAL. Here's an idea... Try a more rounded viewpoint, and maybe some of your ramblings will manifest themselves in reality, unlike your current track record.

LOL. You're cracking me up. Yes, lets ignore the obvious and pretend your financials are all just smoke and mirrors. We can all hold hands and sing kumbaya. I didn't realize I need your permission on whom I agree with. I stand by my comments about the DIP and I didn't realize an opinion need a track record. You're grasping and it's so clear. I did notice that both you and the other stooge forgot to mention I "predicted" the ATSB would turn you down.

spinup said:

Secondly, let’s call it what it is. Gloating. Go back and re-read your posts. If Gloating is not your intent, I suggest you take more care when you post. That being said, it would take more fortitude than you posses for you to be bothersome in that light.

My my what thin skin you have. Gloating? This coming from a Brain Surgeon? Gloating? Any comments about the TORQUE program. If you want me to gloat maybe we can discuss your retirement plan now?

spinup said:

Thirdly, most of my UAL "brethren" are fully aware of the negative issues surrounding BK. Yet we have the uncanny ability to see both sides of the issue. A trait you have yet to demonstrate.

Because I don't agree with the other side of the issue? Duh, pretty simple really. Well, it should be anyway. Uncanny? LOL. When all you have is hope...........The UAL guys I know say their biggest fear is what they see everyday. People walking around with the attitude (like you have) that nothing will happen to UAL and things will just keep plodding along oblivious to the realities not only facing UAL but the industry.

Funny thing spinup (great name BTW putting a spin on a dismal situation) I've been through this before and it is comical seeing people ignore the patently obvious while history repeats itself.

Obviously I've hit a nerve. Do us both a favor and put me on ignore since the truth is bothering you and seems quite painfull. If it wasn't, some poster on a electronic board wouldn't bother you so much. Maybe you can take solace in the brilliant turn around plan just announced. Or maybe, really deep down it bothers you so much because you know I'm right.

P.S. Speaking of gloating any comments on TORQUE or the term "Brain Surgeon". I've noticed you have convienently not mentioned either of those. On second thought, I can see why not. It wouldn't fit your current mantra.

Last edited:
"LOL. You're cracking me up. Yes, lets ignore the obvious and pretend your financials are all just smoke and mirrors. We can all hold hands and sing kumbaya. I didn't realize I need your permission on whom I agree with. I stand by my comments about the DIP and I didn't realize an opinion need a track record. You're grasping and it's so clear. I did notice that both you and the other stooge forgot to mention I "predicted" the ATSB would turn you down."

Where in my posting did I mention any of the above, much like your predictions none of it occurred. What's so clear is your passing of non-factual information. Everything in the above statement is inane. Clearly you've lost your footing and have to resort to name calling, the first indication of a lost argument. Pity.

"My my what thin skin you have. Gloating? This coming from a Brain Surgeon? Gloating? Any comments about the TORQUE program. If you want me to gloat maybe we can discuss your retirement plan now?"

Thin skin? Read again the previous post ref. fortitude. You jumped on the offensive concerning gloating, just setting you straight. I stand by the above post, rightly so considering the retirement riff. More name calling? weak.

"Because I don't agree with the other side of the issue? Duh, pretty simple really. Well, it should be anyway. Uncanny? LOL. When all you have is hope...........The UAL guys I know say their biggest fear is what they see everyday. People walking around with the attitude (like you have) that nothing will happen to UAL and things will just keep plodding along oblivious to the realities not only facing UAL but the industry."

Huh? Above has no foundation in any beliefs I've expressed on this forum. Apparently your "friends" aren’t tapped in, I see the opposite, people trying hard to affect change. Yet another example of your imagination running away. No name calling though, so we have that going for us.

"Funny thing spinup (great name BTW putting a spin on a dismal situation) I've been through this before and it is comical seeing people ignore the patently obvious while history repeats itself."

Does that mean that CAL will take a third trip thru BK?

"Obviously I've hit a nerve. Do us both a favor and put me on ignore since the truth is bothering you and seems quite painfull. If it wasn't, some poster on a electronic board wouldn't bother you so much. Maybe you can take solace in the brilliant turn around plan just announced. Or maybe, really deep down it bothers you so much because you know I'm right."

Nope, haven't hit a nerve, thanks for checking. But apparently you’re about to blow a vein in your forehead given your school yard tactics.

"P.S. Speaking of gloating any comments on TORQUE or the term "Brain Surgeon". I've noticed you have convienently not mentioned either of those. On second thought, I can see why not. It wouldn't fit your current mantra."

Not sure I understand, Where did I post the words TORQUE or Brain surgeon. Not seeing it. Breath in, Breath out.....

Last edited:
I see you choose to continue your diatribe. So be it.

spinup said:

Where in my posting did I mention any of the above, much like your predictions none of it occurred. What's so clear is your passing of non-factual information. Everything in the above statement is inane. Clearly you've lost your footing and have to resort to name calling, the first indication of a lost argument. Pity.

You still seem to have a basic problem with the concept of prediction and opinion. Run back to your dictionary and read up on the difference.

None of it occured? Oh so the ATSB did approve your loan? Name calling? A stooge is another term for someone who blindly follows a given mantra. Again your thin skin shows.

spinup said:

Thin skin? Read again the previous post ref. fortitude. You jumped on the offensive concerning gloating, just setting you straight. I stand by the above post, rightly so considering the retirement riff. More name calling? weak.

Gloating. Like your comment about CAL in Denver? The retirement comment was an example of if I was gloating. Of course, it fits nicely with your continued grasping at an argument.

spinup said:

Huh? Above has no foundation in any beliefs I've expressed on this forum. Apparently your "friends" aren’t tapped in, I see the opposite, people trying hard to affect change. Yet another example of your imagination running away. No name calling though, so we have that going for us.

Of ciurse not, but as transparent as you are it matches exactly with what my UAL buddies say is an epidemic over there.

spinup said:

Does that mean that CAL will take a third trip thru BK?

LOL, doubtfull but you never know. Frankly It wouldn't mean a thing to me financially.

spinup said:

Nope, haven't hit a nerve, thanks for checking. But apparently you’re about to blow a vein in your forehead given your school yard tactics.

Not at all, but you are very easy to get riled up. Again, must be something hitting a bit to close for comfort.

spinup said:

Not sure I understand, Where did I post the words TORQUE or Brain surgeon. Not seeing it. Breath in, Breath out.....

When someone says (in the previous post) "you have convienently not mentioned,.............." I didn't say you posted the aforesaid words. It was in a general reference to your accusation about my "gloating" etc. Again I ask is the terms unfamiliar to you and your UAL friends?
Don't go running off on some tangent again and start whimpering that I am accusing you of posting this. It is a question.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back