• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Teamsters Push for Southern Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Concerning the vote on the resolution to merge with Teamsters Local 1224 the following certified results are official:

Total Eligible voters:***** 292

Total votes cast: 244***** (83.5%)
YES***** 217 yes (89% of actual voters)*****

NO 27

The Resolution is Passed.
You are so SCREWED!

You are so SCREWED!

Eh, they'll be knocking on ALPA's door as soon as they realize that 1224 is just as useless as 747. We just won the representational election over at North American Airlines on Thursday, making it the third airline in recent memory to decert the IBT and come to ALPA. Many more will follow.

Having been in both the Teamsters and ALPA it seems that they are pretty much cut from the same cloth. The Teamster magazine had some nice truck pictures. The ALPA magazine held the record for the most mustaches. In the end, the primary job of these unions is to perpetuate the union. Anything else is secondary. Anything of lasting value originates with the individual pilots in the company for any given situation.

Eh, they'll be knocking on ALPA's door as soon as they realize that 1224 is just as useless as 747. We just won the representational election over at North American Airlines on Thursday, making it the third airline in recent memory to decert the IBT and come to ALPA. Many more will follow.

It appears three other carriers are exploring moving from ALPA in a serious fashion. Evergreen being one and they were Teamsters at one point, saw what ALPA did to them after moving over and are now going back to Teamsters. Say's a lot to me and having seen ALPA from the inside up in Herndon for nine years I can see why it's happening.

North American and ATI were tied up in the removal of Sowell at Teamsters 747 during the clean up of the local by Teamsters Airline Division leader Bourne. North American and ATI had deals for being more equal than the other carriers and when Sowell was removed by Bourne the NA and ATI leadership at those carriers decided to retaliate via decertification when their special deals were not going to be continued. Guess they will find out how little representation they will get now at ALPA. Especially now that North American it going into Section 6.

Evergreen isn't going anywhere. Keep dreaming. :rolleyes:

Not trying to flight with you, but We talk to ALPA and they won't Take (PFE) professional Flight Engineers,( our PFE "most" do not have Pilots licenses) Capital and Evergreen and ATI are (FE) Flight Engineers. which are pilots. trust me i would rather have ALPA any day.

Ours at Evergreen don't have pilot licenses either. The Chairman of our MEC is a PFE.

North American and ATI were tied up in the removal of Sowell at Teamsters 747 during the clean up of the local by Teamsters Airline Division leader Bourne. North American and ATI had deals for being more equal than the other carriers and when Sowell was removed by Bourne the NA and ATI leadership at those carriers decided to retaliate via decertification when their special deals were not going to be continued. Guess they will find out how little representation they will get now at ALPA. Especially now that North American it going into Section 6.

I think ATI will get the same crappy representation from ALPA as we did from the Teamsters, but at least we're now a safe distance from IBT1224 and their puppet Bourne.

I think ATI will get the same crappy representation from ALPA as we did from the Teamsters, but at least we're now a safe distance from IBT1224 and their puppet Bourne.

How does the grievance process between the two compare?

Latest resources

Back