• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Teamsters Push for Southern Air

27 driver

Total Time
4000 +
Just remember SAI guys and gals. A union is only as strong as its members and more importantly its leaders. I wish only the best for the SAI pilot group. I have many friends there. Stand STRONG and stay UNITED. Work together and fight for a good contract. You all deserve it.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Several carriers have recently left the IBT in favor of either ALPA or independent representation. I would suggest contacting Herndon to get ALPA on the property. You'll be much better off.

FastHap

Total Time
17K+
Just remember SAI guys and gals. A union is only as strong as its members and more importantly its leaders. I wish only the best for the SAI pilot group. I have many friends there. Stand STRONG and stay UNITED. Work together and fight for a good contract. You all deserve it.

There is no other Union stronger than the Teamsters. Local 1224 is the shinning star of the Teamsters.

Sorry ALPO. Too bad, so sad.

ironspud

Total Time
>20000
Several carriers have recently left the IBT in favor of either ALPA or independent representation. I would suggest contacting Herndon to get ALPA on the property. You'll be much better off.

Having been both ex-SA and an ALPA victim, you need to stay as far away from those Herndon scum as you can.

27 driver

Total Time
4000 +
I am not promoting either as they both have their problems. I just want the SAI boys and girls to get the best contract they can get. The only way for that to happen is to elect strong leaders and stand behind them. Keep in mind that both the Teamsters and ALPA are both businesses and both have flaws. Once again, a union is only as strong as its local. National just provides resources.

Classicdriver

Total Time
5000+
Anytimne I speak to an ex or looking to be ex Teamster, it is usually a Local 747 guy. Local 747 has done more damage than we'll ever know.

dakotaHC8

Total Time
I'd sooner chew on glass shards, and wash 'em down with anti-freeze than vote in ALPA.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+

pilotpm

Livin' the dream Baby!
Total Time
Oodles
ALPA just took PFEs at ATI when they dumped Teamsters for ALPA earlier this month.

swordfish

Total Time
7000+
ALPA's taken PFEs at Capital and Evergreen recently.

Not trying to flight with you, but We talk to ALPA and they won't Take (PFE) professional Flight Engineers,( our PFE "most" do not have Pilots licenses) Capital and Evergreen and ATI are (FE) Flight Engineers. which are pilots. trust me i would rather have ALPA any day.

l8fr82hub

Total Time
Not trying to flight with you, but We talk to ALPA and they won't Take (PFE) professional Flight Engineers,( our PFE "most" do not have Pilots licenses) Capital and Evergreen and ATI are (FE) Flight Engineers. which are pilots. trust me i would rather have ALPA any day.

Having worked at Evergreen previously and currently with ATI I will tell you for a fact the ALPA does and recently has accepted PFEs. Most of ATI's PFEs do not have pilots licenses but do have A&Ps. ALPA even had PFEs in 1999 when the Emery pilots voted them in. If you don't believe me ask the former ATI and Emery employees that now work at Southern.

Last edited:

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+

Send me a PM and let me know who you've been talking to. I do organizing work for ALPA, so I'll be happy to hunt down what's going on and get it sorted out for you.

ALPA has no problem taking PFEs.

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
ALPA took ATA's PFE's.